Status: If I get alt least five comments then I'll update.Pinky swear :)

Matters of the Hart

First Date

Chapter Three – First Date

Let's go, don't wait, this night's almost over
Honest, let's make this night last forever
Forever and ever, let's make this last forever
Forever and ever, let's make this last forever
Blink 182 – First Date

Black top, gray cardigan, red skinny jeans and black flats is what my outfit consisted of. Kate had put it together for me, assuring me that it wouldn’t look as if I was trying too hard. I obviously was though.

I knew that I shouldn’t be nervous, that I should pretend Harry is just like any other guy I’d dated. But I couldn’t, because c’mon, he was the freaking Prince of Whales. He was far from normal. I would be shitting myself if I thought otherwise.

The doorbell rang just as I finished putting on my grey cardigan. I quickly made my way to the door, and I found myself face to face with Harry upon opening it. Almost shyly, he handed me a single rose. As I thanked him for the rose, he slipped his hand in mine, and I couldn’t help but notice that my hand fit perfectly in his. As if they were made for each other.

____________________________________________________________________________

On our way to the restaurant, Harry proposed that we play a game of Twenty Questions.

“Sure, I’ll go first.”I told him.”Umm…how about, what’s your favourite colour?”

“C’mon, you can find that out in a magazine!”

“Sorry, I don’t spend my free time reading about you.”I told him, smirking. Harry’s childish pout made me burst out laughing. As I did, I could feel the slightly awkward air disappear.

“Okay. Ouch. That was a bruise to my ego. But I’ll ignore it. Well, what do you work as?”

“I’m a journalist at The Sun.”At my answer, I could feel Harry stiffen slightly.

“A journalist you say? Have you written any articles about my handsome face before?”I guess Harry was trying to play it cool, while also trying to find out if I was only seeking information about him to publish.

“Don’t flatter yourself Harry; I’m not a gossip columnist or a royal correspondent. Actually, I’m an International Journalist.”Harry visibly relaxed at this, and sent a dazzling smile my way.

“So you don’t write any articles about me or my family, right?”He confirmed.

“Yup, that’s not my job. All I do is cover big events happening in other countries. I would only cover a Royal if it was a big event outside of Britain. Like your grandmothers tour of Canada in June, I covered that.” I told him.”So unless you’re planning any royal tours, then no, I won’t be writing any articles about you.”

After that, our conversation had become much more relaxed, and I found myself talking and laughing with ease.

____________________________________________________________________________

Harry had made reservations for us at The Goring Restaurant. I was surprised at first, because it was a very fancy – and pricey – restaurant for a first date. When I asked Harry about it, he told me that he didn’t mind spending so much money. He said that he wanted to, and that having an unlimited supply of money helped.

We continued our previous game of Twenty Questions while we waited for our dinner to arrive.

“I’m very curious as to why you chose to live in England.”Harry told me.

That was the one question everyone asked me. I wasn’t embarrassed by my past, but I had rather not tell people my full story upon meeting them. No, I usually kept that information to myself until the relationship has progressed.

“Well, after I got my bachelors degree, I decided to study journalism at the University of Sheffield. They were rated as one of the best Journalism Schools in the World. Plus, it helped that I had always wanted to visit England.”

Harry sat there, contemplating my answer while eating his dinner. Apparently, he found it a suitable answer, because he nodded to himself.

Maybe he’s dated illegal immigrants before?

Huh…that’s kind of funny.

You know, someone that broke the law, dating someone from the family that made the laws.

No?

“- thought about attending Sheffield, but decided not to.”

Wow, I must have zoned out a bit.

“Well that’s too bad, I’m sure the ladies there would have loved it.”I told him.”Actually there was this girl that lived in the same hall as me. She had posters of you all over her dorm. She made it well known to everyone there that you were hers. It was a good laugh for all of us, thought it did get creepy after a while.”

Harry grimaced at my story. I mentally smacked myself for telling him about the girl. Sure it might be flattering, but really it is creepy.

“Oh, I’m sorry! That must be uncomfortable. I know I would be sort of scared. But she was harmless, really. I mean other than that she was a lovely girl.”

“Don’t worry about it Lilly.”He told me. His smile had returned, and we continued our dinner the same as before.

____________________________________________________________________________

As we stood in front of my apartment door, I thanked Harry for the wonderful night.

“Honestly Lilly, you must stop thanking me! I already know that I am ‘awesome’”

I blushed at his comment, and blushed more when he brought my hand up to his lips.

“But I also had a beautiful night Lilly. I hope to do this again soon.”

“So do I Harry.”

And as I turned to open the door, Harry caught my wrist and pulled me to him. I realized that he was staring at me. His eyes were sparkling as he lowered his head closer to mine. A part of me felt something I've never realized before, as if something inside of me had been set free.

He continued moving closer to me. My heart began to race faster. Suddenly, his hands gently held my face. He leaned in, and his lips pressed against mine. I still couldn't move, but somehow, it was soothing, gentle, and wonderful.

He looked at me with his sparkling blue eyes that were screaming with fire, and put his hot, soft lips on mine. His kiss made my whole body shudder and I gasped in surprise. Harry took this as a chance to enter his tongue into my mouth. As it roamed my mouth, and fought for dominance with my tongue, I moaned in pleasure.

I had been kissed like this before, but for some reason there was something different about when Harry kissed me. I decided to not think about it now and instead I wrapped my idle hands around his neck, and ran my fingers through his soft hair.

The kiss was powerful and hungry, yet sweet and gentle at the same time. It left me dazed and wondering how it had happened, even long after it had happened. The only thing my foggy brain remembered was Harry asking me to go on a second date.
♠ ♠ ♠
]Lilly's Outfit

Keep in mind that I make these outfits myself.

Hey!
Sorry for the long wait, but I was getting a bit discouraged by the lack of comments.
Seriously people?0 comments?
Not even One?
Now I'm sad.
Maybe I should just stop posting.
At least comment to let me know whether I should stop or continue.
Please?