One Shot Collections

Lead Me On (Jonathan Toews)

There you go in all your beautiful glory
Messing with my head like you always did

He was always messing with my head. One day we hung out and he was the sweetest person ever. And then the next day, to him I was just a “distraction, keeping him from playing hockey”. Yeah I know, right? But, yet I still loved him. He walked around with all that beautiful glory making a name for himself. Jonathan Toews, the youngest captain of the Blackhawks. He already had a name for himself in my heart, that was for sure.

“Jonathan,” I sighed as I picked up my purse, ready to leave the apartment he shared with Patrick Kane. Kaner wasn’t here, but at Seabrook’s place to give us some space. He was pretty smart after all.

“Anna,” he said my name slowly, like he was trying to savor it. He was sitting on the arm of a chair, in nothing but his jeans. God, he looked so sexy. “Don’t leave.”

“I have to Jon. You’ve got a game tomorrow and I wouldn’t want to be a distraction to you,” I tried not to sound cold, but I know I did. Truth was, I wanted to stay all night. Even if he was just leading me on.

JONATHAN’S POV

I'm thinking things I don't want to say
And I can't breathe
What do I have to tell you girl
So you won't leave

I didn’t know what to say so that she would stay, at least a while longer. All I kept thinking about was her. All I wanted was her and I didn’t care about anything or anyone in the world. I didn’t want to say any of those things that were spinning through my mind though.

My breath hitched as she headed for the door. What would it take to get her to stay? What would I have to say to her?

“Anna,” I repeated her name.

Would she turn back and look at me with her beautiful hazel eyes or would she just walk away? She turned back to me. A sad smile placed upon her perfect lips. Those perfect lips that were on my own lips mere moments ago. “If I could, I would stay just to let you lead me on,” she admitted.

“Then stay,” I whispered the words.

She looked at me longingly, before dropping her purse to the ground. She ambled over to me, pushing me back onto the couch before straddling my toned body.

ANNA’S POV

Tell me what I want to hear
I don' t care if you're lying baby
I just want to feel you touch me right now
Go ahead and call it love
Tomorrow you can deny it baby
Kiss me again, let me pretend
That it's not wrong
Baby, lead me on

His hands caressed my hips as I sat on top of his perfect body. His lips grazed my stomach and I shivered in delight. I wanted to call it love. I wanted to pretend that it wasn’t wrong that even though he was leading me on, we could still work.

Just kiss me again. Please. . .

He leaned forward, catching my lips with his, reading my mind. I leaned forward, so that way this feeling would never end.

Tomorrow he could deny it all he wanted, like I knew he would, but tonight, he wouldn’t deny anything from me. He would admit his feelings like he did every time, call this love.

“I love you,” he whispered in my ear, telling me exactly what I wanted to hear at exactly the right moment.

“No you don’t,” I whispered back, tracing kisses from his bare abs up to his collar bone. “But we can pretend. Like every other night,” I said, sadness seeping through my words.

I wanna touch your skin, I wanna taste itI wanna feel that love like we used to make it

We moved to the bedroom, where he laid me gently on the bed, still trailing his kisses all over my body. I managed to switch up positions, so that I was back on top of the hockey player. I kissed his lips, savoring his taste. If I could feel this love every other minute of my life, I could die at any time.

I wanted to feel this kind of love like we made it every night. I didn’t want the pretend stuff anymore. I wanted the real deal. I wanted his love and only his love.

JONATHAN’S POV

I don't care if we go nowhere
You're all I see
One more night with you
Is all I need

One more night with her, was all I wanted. Was all that I needed. Who was I kidding? I wanted her, needed her with me for the rest of my life. She was all I saw. Even if I saw a girl walking down the streets, all I thought about was Anna.

But Anna and I couldn’t be together. Not now. Not when hockey was in full swing and we were so close to winning the Cup this year. I didn’t even know why she was here tonight. Why did I invite her over? We had a game tomorrow night. I should be on the ice practicing or something. Anywhere but here with the girl I loved.

“If you want me to leave,” she said in between kisses. “Then just please say so,” she nearly begged. “Either lead me on or leave,” she whispered.

I know what you want
I know what you need
I know when I'm gone
You'll still think of me

I knew what she wanted from me. She wanted me forever and forever, for once, me not leading her on, just to leave her in the dust when there was something seemingly more important than her.

I knew what she needed. She needed any other man, but me. A man that was reliable and loved every cell in her body and could be with her twenty four seven.

I knew that when I left the apartment early in the morning to pick up Kaner for practice, she would still be thinking about me. I knew it was selfish, but I hoped she would always be thinking about me.

ANNA’S POV

You know what I want
You know what I need
I know when you're gone
You won't even think about me

He knew what I wanted. I wanted him. I wanted every ounce of him and nothing but him. I needed his smile, his chocolate brown eyes, his touch.

He knew what I needed. I needed him to just tell me that he loved me and for him to actually mean it. Being led on had its advantages and it had its disadvantages.

I knew that when he left tomorrow morning to pick up Kane for practice that he wouldn’t even be thinking about me. All I wanted, all I needed was for me to cross his mind at least once.

I know what you want
I know what you need
I know when I’m gone
You won’t even think about me

He didn’t want me. He didn’t need me. And I knew that tomorrow morning, when he woke up expecting to be leaving me, he would be surprised, because I would have already left him. He wouldn’t even think about me though. He would just move on with his life and I, with mine. Like it was supposed to be. But for tonight?

Baby, lead me on. . . .