‹ Prequel: Hymn For The Missing
Status: Completed

I'll Never Be The Same

One

"Emily, get your ass out of bed!" my brother Michael said, slinging the blankets off of me.

It was a Saturday, the only day of the week I could spend time with him. He was a senior in high school, I was a waitress at a local restaurant. Everything was going great in my life, besides the fact that I hardly saw my family anymore.

I was pulled from my thoughts by Michael ripping open the curtains, letting the ruthless sunlight into the room.

"Come on, Em. It's time to get up." He said, obviously impatient.

I sighed loudly and looked at the clock; nine a.m.

"Michael, why are you getting me up so early?" I asked, yawning while I stretched.

He gave me the 'duh' look, and rolled his eyes. "It's Saturday, which means I get to spend all day with you."

I told him to leave the room, as I had to shower and get dressed for our big day out.
An hour later, I was dressed and ready to go. I walked out into the kitchen to see Michael sitting at the counter, bouncing his leg up and down out of impatience.

"Alright dude, lets get out of here." I said, grabbing my keys from their hook by the door.

We walked outside, the bright sunshine and the cool breeze hitting our skin.

"Today is going to be a great day." I said to him, opening up the car door and getting inside.

If I knew then what I know now, I would have stayed the hell home.
♠ ♠ ♠
So here's the next chapter.
This whole story will be in the past tense, up until the last chapter.
If that bugs you, don't read it.

As always, feedback and subscribers are appreciated. <3