‹ Prequel: Hymn For The Missing
Status: Completed

I'll Never Be The Same

Three

People were everywhere. I never realized so many people could gather in one place at one time. I walked into the kitchen, as it wasn't as crowded as the rest of the house.

"Hey!" my friend Alicia yelled to me, "get your ass over here! We're doing shots."

I walked over to the counter, seeing multiple shot glasses filled with various liquors. I picked one up and smelled it; vodka. After a countdown of three, we all took the shot back, and I felt the liquor burn all the way down to my stomach. I repeated this several times until I was satisfied.

Image


"Emily, it's midnight. We should really head home." Michael slurred out to me.

He was obviously very drunk, and about to pass out any minute.

"Alright. Just let me find my keys." I also slurred, just as drunk as him.
I found my keys, and we walked around saying our good-byes.

We stumbled out to the car, and for one split second the rational part of my brain kicked in. I shouldn't be driving after drinking that much. I quickly pushed the thought away, as we really needed to get home. It wasn't too far of a drive anyway.

We got into my car, and I started it, putting it into gear and driving away. The roads were practically empty this time of night. At least I thought they were. I never saw the headlights coming straight at me. I never saw a thing.

Sometimes I wish I can go back in time to change the things I've done. Some wishes never come true.