‹ Prequel: Hymn For The Missing
Status: Completed

I'll Never Be The Same

Four

I opened my eyes, greeted by the harsh light. My head was throbbing painfully, and I quickly closed my eyes. I couldn't help but to wonder where I was. I kept hearing beeping, and it only made my head throb worse. I slowly start opening my eyes again, my vision blurry at first.
As my vision clears up, I realize that I'm in a hospital room. Why am I in the hospital?

I heard hushed voices coming from somewhere within the room, and I turn my head painfully to see my mother. She's standing there with two police officers. What on earth was going on?
She turned towards the bed, looking surprised when she saw me awake.

"Oh Emily, I'm so glad you finally woke up." She said, tears streaming down her face.

"Mom, what's going on?" I asked, trying to sit up.

She put a hand on my shoulder, urging me not to do that. "You were in an accident, and you haven't woke up in a week"

The realization of it all hit me at one time, and a tear escaped my eye. "Mom, where's Michael? Please tell me he's okay."

Fresh tears formed in her eyes. "He's gone."

Image


The rest of the week passed by in a blur. I escaped the accident with a concussion and a broken leg. My brother was dead, and it was all my fault. I could have said no, we could have walked home. But now he's gone because of my bad choices.
To say I was numb was an understatement; I didn't feel anything.

I was pulled from my thoughts by a police officer as he walked into my room. I knew what was coming, and I was going to pay for my mistakes.

"Miss Wilson, I know this isn't a good time, but I have to arrest you" He said, emotionless.

"Just read me my rights."

People say that there are five stages of grief. I only have one word for them: Bullshit.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope this doesn't sound awkward. I had a flawless version, but I lost it.

If you see anything wrong, let me know and I will try to change it.

As always, feedback is appreciated. So are subscribers.

<3