Sequel: The Code
Status: 7/22: Complete! Read final AN and check out the sequel page! (:

All That Glitters Is Silver

Missing.

Allison stared at me expectantly, “Well?” She emphasized.

I quickly glanced around the busy hall. No one would notice or over hear our conversation; I didn’t know why I was so paranoid.

“No, I have told my parents yet.” I muttered, feeling slightly annoyed at Allison badgering me over this. “I’m trying to take this one step at a time.” I said under my breath.

Allison shook her head, trying to understand why I was trying to keep this such a big secret. “Will you at least talk to me about it?” She pleaded, staring at me with her big brown eyes. “Cassie, please talk to me.”

She was so desperate to grasp what was going on. But, where did I begin? It was hard enough to talk about this to people who knew the whole story.

If I revealed that I slept with Derek, all Allison would hear was “I slept with a human serial murderer and am pregnant with his baby” when I was really saying “I slept with a brooding misunderstood werewolf whose been framed for murders he didn’t commit and is risking everything to help me with our hybrid child”.

That was a fine line to walk.

Entirely too many people knew about this already and only because they had to. Derek was a given. Scott and Stiles knew what was going on before I even suspected anything. Dr. Deaton was also another given.

I should tell Allison, I should tell my parents. But, Argents were hunters and the thing they hunted was inside me now. Things weren’t so simple.

As if telling your parents you were going to be a teen mom was easy to do in the most normal of situations…

I caught Scott watching me from down the hall, standing at Stiles’ locker. He had been keeping a close eye on me these past couple days as if the Alpha was just going to burst into school while it was in session and do something. I didn’t know the Alpha personally, but he seemed pretty smart (considering no one knew who he was). Breaking into school to get me seemed pretty moronic, especially with hunters swarming the town.

“Alli,” I sighed, brushing my hand through my messy locks, “I’ll tell my parents when I’m ready.”

Which—honestly—would be never. But, that probably wasn’t an option. They would find me if I ran away. And if I did run away, they would hurt Derek. I couldn’t let that happen.

Allison opened her mouth to respond but Lydia came crashing in with exciting news, “The dance is back on!” She was practically dancing in glee.

“What?” I said, “Why?”

“Well,” Lydia told me, “Apparently since Allison’s dad gunned down the little bastard in the school parking lot last night, the threat of the mountain lion is gone. Hence, dance may resume.”

“Your dad killed a mountain lion yesterday?” I questioned. Allison looked thoroughly embarrassed.

“It was after parent-teacher conferences.” She answered, “Which you didn’t go to.”

“I was tired.” I said simply. That was true; I still slept a lot with all the medication I was taking. “And I’m not failing anything, why should I have to go?”

Allison shrugged, “For the principle of the thing.”

“Yeah, well,” Lydia brought the conversation back to herself, “The dance is back on and we’re going dress shopping. No buts—” She cut me off.

I pursed my lips. I wasn’t even going to the dance, why should I have to go shopping?

“We’re all going. Who are you taking?” Lydia asked me, knowing Allison would be taking Scott.

“No one. I’m not going.” I said defiantly.

Lydia rolled her eyes, “No self-respecting friend of mine is missing this dance. Popular people don’t miss dances. It’s social suicide.” She scoffed.

Teenage pregnancy was also social suicide but I was keeping that on the down low.

I didn’t answer, only stood silently fuming at Lydia’s stubbornness.

“When are we going?” Allison humored Lydia.

“Tomorrow.” She decided immediately, “Tonight we watch the quarter-finals for lacrosse.”

And watch the quarter-finals we did.

Stiles was supposed to be first line tonight. He had gushed all about it in last period. I was happy for the kid; finally he was getting his time to shine.

But, Stiles never showed.

He missed the game, missed his chance to impress Lydia.

Scott made eye contact with me a few times during the game. He was worried for his friend and no matter how many times I called Stiles, he never picked up.

I was worried, too. It wasn’t like Stiles to miss anything. Stiles was always so dependable. So, where was he?

It was madness when Beacon Hills won. Allison and I pushed through the unruly crowd, searching for Scott (though for different reasons). Allison wanted to congratulate Scott on his amazing performance. I needed to talk about Stiles.

Once we made it to the hallway to the locker room where everyone was conversing and celebrating. Scott was peering around frantically, calling out Stiles’ name when Allison reached him. I lagged back, waiting until they were done to pounce.

As I stayed by the door, a flash of light went off, causing me to jump. I glanced to my right to see a boy in his lacrosse uniform with a camera covering his face.

His brought it down to reveal a cute, boyish face with blue eyes and messy brown hair. “Sorry,” He grinned lightly, “Couldn’t resist.”

I forced a close lipped smile, “The lighting in here is awful. It won’t come out good.”

The boy’s smile widened, “I think it’ll be perfect.”

I wished Scott and Allison would hurry up. I was starting to feel slightly uncomfortable.

“You’re Cassie, right?” He asked, fiddling with his camera, “Cassie Argent?”

“Um—Yeah. Do I know you?” I rubbed the back of my neck, bouncing lightly on my toes.

He shook his head, chuckling, “Nah. We’re not exactly in the same social circle.”

“Oh,” I said awkwardly, “Since you’re already know all there is to know about me, mind telling me who you are?”

“Matt,” He answered, his blue eyes lighting up. They reminded me of Derek’s.

“Well, I should go, Matt.” I said, noticing Allison’s dad staring suspiciously at me.

“See you around, Cassie.” Matt called as I walked away quickly, not particularly wanting to see Matt around.

“Who was that?” Chris demanded, starring daggers into the back of Matt’s retreating form.

“Just some kid.” I mumbled as Allison caught her father’s eye. She said goodbye to Scott as some lacrosse boy started yelling some chant about state.

Now was my chance.

“Oh no,” I muttered. Chris glanced over at me questioningly. “I totally forgot to have Stiles type up our reflection paper on this project we’re working on together.” I smacked my hand to my forehead for dramatic effect.

“I don’t see him here.” Chris told me.

“Can I stick around and look for him? He can give me a ride.” I begged, “This is really important!”

As Allison inched closer, Chris sighed, “Fine. But, you call your father and tell him where you’ll be and how long.”

“I promise.”

That had been too easy. I quickly dodged Allison, knowing that the only thing she had to say to me lately was to tell my parents about the baby.

The hall was emptying out rapidly when I grabbed Scott and we made our way down the hall, stopping by a set of stairs. Scott tried to get me to come in the boys’ locker room but I refused with a disgusted look on my face.

“We need to talk in private.” I told him, “And there are sweaty, naked boys in there.” My nose wrinkled in disdain.

“Like you haven’t seen a naked boy before.” Scott pointedly peered down at my stomach. I bit back my retort, rolling my eyes.

“Hilarious. You know what I haven’t seen?” I sassed, “Stiles. Where the hell is he? All I heard today was how excited he was to play and now he’s MIA. Where is he, Scott?”

“I don’t know!” Scott cried, “I have no idea where he is! Did you call him?”

“Yes I called him. Only about fifty times!” I stressed.

“I’m sure he’s fine.” Scott said mostly to himself, “Wait out here. I have to shower and change. I’ll be back in fifteen.”

I sighed, slumping onto the stairs across from the locker rooms that led up to the mat room for wrestling. “Hurry.”

Scott hopped off to the locker rooms, leaving me all alone in the deserted hall.

In small packs, the lacrosse boys, freshly showered and ready to celebrate, popped out of the locker room, relaying the best moves and hooting obnoxiously. Most of them ignored me sitting in solitude. A few smiled or nodded, knowing who I was because of Lydia and Allison though never actually holding a conversation with me.

Danny came out with his lacrosse equipment strapped to his chest, shaking his drying black hair. He noticed me sitting alone on the stairs and made his way to me, leaning against the metal rail.

“See anything you like?” He grinned, raising his thin, dark brows mischievously.

I couldn’t help myself from snorting. “I bet you see a lot of what you like down there.”

He shrugged nonchalantly, “Being on the lacrosse team has its perks.”

“I’m sure.” I bit my lips, getting impatient. “Did you see Scott down there?”

Danny nodded, “Yeah, he just got in the shower. You need a ride?”

“Thanks but Scott’s giving me one.” I told him.

Danny nodded again, “Alright. See you tomorrow, Cassie.” And he sauntered down the hall and out to the parking lot.

I tapped my foot along to some invisible music, laying my heavy head in my hands. Periodically, I checked the clock, waiting anxiously for Scott’s return.

The lights flickered before going out altogether. I glanced around, my heart automatically jumping to my throat.

“S-Scott?” I called thickly, “Stiles?”

No answer. I couldn’t hear the shower anymore. Where was Scott?

Slowly and stealthily, I picked myself off the bottom steps and shuffled over to the locker room door, wishing I had taken Danny up on his offer.

I swallowed hard, pushing open the squeaky door, hearing voices speaking calmly, “Scott?”

The voices silenced as I entered the room. It looked empty. The only sound was the ceiling fan whirling above me. I crept my way around the corner, closing in on the showers. My heart rate was sky high, even I could hear it.

I had my back up against the wall, ready to turn around and scream at Scott for scaring me like this when a cool, chilling voice called to me.

“Ah, Cassidy,” A man with half his face burned smiled knowingly, like he had been waiting patiently for me all night, “I think it’s time I formally introduced myself. I’m Peter Hale, your baby daddy’s uncle.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Alpha time.
I feel like Danny never gets any love in FF. I think he's adorable (:
New character. Creepy camera boy = Matt.
So, I think this story is coming to an end...Maybe five chapters left? We'll see how it goes. It might be more, might be less.
But, here's the good news, I've got a sequel planned! Yay or nay? Lemme know.
I just have to say, shit is about to go down and you'll probably want a sequel or you'll stab me. Hehe...
I'm trying to get as many chapters out as I can. I leave for dance camp next Friday (yes, it's that time of the year) and then I'm leaving for the east coast again for, like, three weeks. Which means I might not be able to update for three weeks! ):
I'm going to beg my parents to let me bring my computer so I can write in the car and update at hotels or family houses. We'll so how that goes. But, I swear to God if I miss a single episode of Teen Wolf, someone is going to have Jackson unleashed on their ass.
Any who. That was a really long AN. Sorry about that. I gave you a lot to think about. Thoughts? OMG moments? Sequel? Just have a lot of feelings? Write them in the comment box. We're almost at 100! Whoop whoop! Who will be lucky #100? I feel like I should do something special. But, I'm shit at signatures, layouts, and banners so good luck haha.
(: