Sequel: The Code
Status: 7/22: Complete! Read final AN and check out the sequel page! (:

All That Glitters Is Silver

Regret.

It was still dark when I jolted awake. Derek’s muscled arm lay strewn over my naked chest. There were no clocks so I hadn’t the faintest idea what the time was. All I knew was if I didn’t leave now, I would be in big trouble.

Silently and stealthily, I rolled out of bed, allowing Derek’s arm to drop softly. He moved his sleeping head over a little but seemed otherwise undisturbed. I stood there for a few seconds longer than necessary, just drinking in gorgeous appearance. The moonlight danced along his face. He looked so peaceful that I wished whatever he was dreaming of would come true.

I felt embarrassed as I quickly threw on my clothes, even if Derek wasn’t awake to witness it. I had no idea what had gotten into me however long ago it had taken place. I had always imagined that my first time would be magical and amazing with someone I loved. All I felt was a pain. Derek taking my virginity hadn’t been magical, it had hurt and I was probably bleeding into my underwear.

Hurriedly, I tossed on the shirt Derek had taken out for me earlier and ran for the door. As quietly as I could, I stepped down the stairs and made a run for it. I wasn’t sure how to get home from anywhere but the school so I headed back there.

* * *


I knew something was wrong the second I arrived at the scene. It was eerily quiet for a few moments. That was until I heard the sirens.

In the distance, flashing red and blue lights quickly made their way toward me. All I could think about was Allison and if she was okay or not as I sprinted towards the door. It was still propped open from when I had been there hours previously.

“Allison!” I screamed, the halls blurred as I ran through them, “Allison, where are you?”

My cries echoed noisily around the school walls but I received no feedback. I arrived at the stairs and took them three at a time, wincing. Maybe such vigorous activities weren’t recommended after sex.

“Allison!” I begged, searching the English halls, peaking into each door for a second and taking off.

I heard a commotion downstairs and a small familiar voice from the adjacent hall.

“Here! We’re locked in the school! Help us!” It was Lydia. I swiftly followed the echo but soon realized they weren’t calling for me. The large window by the stairs was blinking with strobe lights of reds and blues: the police were here.

I heard muffled voices calling out orders below. Lydia and the others were still crying to be rescued. I followed them and was led to a door in the science hall. Reaching out a shaky hand, I jimmied the handle, but to no avail. Examining the handle, I noticed there was something stuck in the key hole.

“It’s Cassie!” Stiles’ voice practically screamed. Half a second passed and four familiar faces were fighting to see through the small rectangular window.

“Cassie!” Allison shrieked with delight, “How did you find us?”

“What the hell happened, you guys?” I cried with unusual bluntness. Tonight had been one crazy, confusing, hell of a night. I had the right to ask that question since Derek kept ignoring it. Allison would tell me. She would never keep secrets from me (even if I was keeping them from her).

None of them seemed to be able to answer my question. Apparently this kind of stuff wasn’t the norm in Beacon Hills.

There was the squeaking of boots behind me and flashlights bounced off the ceiling and walls.

“Over here!” I called and about a dozen men seemed to appear out of nowhere. They were all outfitted in black like some covert ops troop. I felt extremely anxious being surrounded by so many men with big lethal guns.

“Miss, I’m going to have to ask you to step aside with your hands up.” The man in front said in a muffled deep voice. I nodded, trembling from head to foot. I probably looked like I was having some sort of seizure as I raised my flailing hands and scooted jerkily to the side.

One of the others put his gun away and started patting me down. If I hadn’t been so petrified, I would have asked him if this was necessary. I was the one who had called out to them in the first place.

“One, two, three!” The same voice called again and a large, black battering ramp collided with the wooden door, shattering it on the first attempt.

* * *


I sat in the back of an ambulance, a blanket tightly covering my freezing body. All I had on was Derek’s t-shirt and a pair of old jeans. Derek’s jacket was back with its rightful owner.

Everything that had gone down tonight replayed in my mind, giving me an exhausting headache.

It was chaos. I couldn’t imagine spending my Saturday in a worse fashion. Our parents had been called and I knew I was beyond grounded. I hadn’t been with Allison this whole time and my parents would want to know why. How do you tell your parents you were off hooking up with some twenty-two year old when you were supposed to be hanging with Allison and her friends?

And Lord knows what I was going to tell the police:

‘Well, you see officer. I stumbled upon the scene a few hours ago because I got a text that I thought was from my boyfriend but it turned out it wasn’t. I saw blood. Blindly, I rushed into the school and some thing attacked me. Then, Derek Hale came to my rescue with blood all over him. He took me to his house and we had sex and I forgot all about the fate of my friends.’

Yeah, I could see that conversation going well. But what else was I supposed to tell the police? I couldn’t lie. That’s a federal offense!

Guilt and dread filled every portion of my mind. All I wanted to do was fall asleep and forget this whole night had happened. I regretted what I did with Derek now more than I had an hour ago. The longer I had to sit and stew over it, the deeper the regret ate at me. I should have waited. I should have been here with my friends. With Allison.

I couldn’t believe how foolish and absentminded I had been. I had a nasty feeling in the pit of my stomach that there were going to be future consequences for what I had done tonight. There was no proof or concrete evidence, but I just knew I was going to pay dearly for this. Karma was not my best friend.

One thing I had decided was that I was going to stay away from Derek Hale. He was no good for me. He made me make bad decisions. I regretted ever meeting him. I regretted letting him into me life. I regretted falling so hard and fast for him. I was living a childish fairy tale that we could be together, happily ever after.

I was thinking this all, supposing that he would want to keep in contact with me. There was a greater (and more likely) chance that he wouldn’t give me another thought, that he had regretted it just as much as I had. Maybe he had just used me for sex. Derek didn’t seem like that kind of guy, but then again, I didn’t know Derek Hale. I pretended I did. I had convinced myself that I understood him, but I was wrong. Derek Hale was a mystery that shouldn’t be unraveled. Not by me. I had decided, from here on out, I was going to be blissfully ignorant.

‘Let’s see how long that last.’ A sneering voice muttered in my head. That voice was probably right, but I had to at least try. For the sake of my sanity.

“Cassie?” Allison’s voice called tentively. I looked up at her with shocked wide eyes. I hadn’t heard her come up. “Hey, Cassie.”

I tried to smile but my muscles weren’t cooperating. “Hi, Alli.”

“Can I sit with you?” Her brown eyes look so vulnerable. They reminded me of Derek’s soulful ones. His voice asking, ‘Are you sure?’ kept intruding my mind block. This wasn’t going to be easy.

I scooted over, patting on the now-vacant spot. Allison hopped in, pulling my blanket around her as well.

“So,” Allison started after long pause. “This was an eventful night.”

I let out a humorless laugh. She didn’t know the half of it. Or…maybe she did. Maybe I didn’t know the half of it.

“You can say that again,” My voice came out all raspy. I cleared my throat of phlegm.

“What were you doing out here?” She said, playing with the ends up her hair, looking up at me through them.

I swallowed, my palms became sweaty. “Uh—Well—I got a text. It said to meet you guys here.” Allison’s eyes widened.

“Me too!” She quickly showed her message to me. “I thought it was Scott but he said…” Allison left off, looking like she was about to cry.

“What’s wrong, Allison?” I asked alarmed. She shook her head, blinking away the tears.

“It’s nothing. I’m fine.” Allison responded in a thick voice, looking up at the starry sky.

“Obviously it’s not. You’re not fine.” I argued.

She sighed deeply, “It’s just, while we were in there, Scott—He just—Scott locked us in the room!”

“What?” I gasped. “Why would he do that? I’m sure he was just trying to protect you!” My mind flashed to the recent memory of his walking towards me, something was off about him.

“I don’t know anymore,” She sniffed; her eyes alight with fierce emotion, “He was lying the whole time we were in there. I just don’t know about him anymore. I can’t trust him…”

I shook my head in disbelief. I hadn’t known Scott very long, but he seemed like a stand up guy. He treated Allison like a queen and worshiped the ground she stood on. Why would he suddenly lie to her, endanger her?

“I’m sure there’s a perfect explanation for all of this,” I said quietly, pulling her in for a hug as she let out a hard-suppressed sob.

“I just don’t know anymore,” She repeated through her tears.

Now I had to get involved. Something was going on in Beacon Hills, something supernatural. If it was hurting Allison, I had to find out what it was. Scott was obviously hiding something and I was going to find out what his secret was. I was going to fix this. And I was probably going to regret it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! Finally updated!
Expect more than one or two this coming week (;
Maybe check out my new story, The Surreptitious Mistress.
Pretty please? (:
I promise it won't interfere with ATGIS & TLWBYD updates! It's just something on the side!
Its a steamy student/teacher original romance I'm trying out. Check it!
TLWBYD should be updated tomorrow, depending if I get to leave the house finally. I picked the most awesomest week to be sick with everything imaginable...grr.
Comment & Sub!
You guys are amazing for commenting and subbing. It makes me happy (:
So do it right meow.