Vice Versa

020.

“Well, shit.” Alice said. Michelle mistrusted her enough already. She didn’t want stuff to blow up more than it already had. Michelle entered the room, closing the door behind her. Her arms were crossed. Her glowering eyes were drilling a hole through Alice.

“Well, what the fuck is going on? A lot of weird stuff is happening that don’t add up. You lost your memory and no one knows why, Alice came here from Italy at the same time? How does that even make sense? What is going on?” Michelle let go on one breath. Nobody said anything. Brian shuffled to Alice and nudged her.

“Should we go fuck all and explain?” Brian whispered.

“You think we should?”

“Michelle isn’t stupid.”

“Then she won’t believe us.”

“But everyone else believed it.”

“But you know her the best.”

“Just tell her, goddamn it.” Brian put in the final word and pushed Alice towards the waiting woman. Alice groaned.

“Okay, so, Michelle… I don’t think you would believe us.”

“Try anything.”

“Are you sure? Because what I’m about to say is in total honesty.”

“Okay. What is it?”

“Alice and I swapped bodies. I’m actually Alice and she’s actually Brian.” Alice said in a matter of fact voice.

“Good try.” Michelle chuckled, unfolding her arms.

“I’m serious! I can prove it.” Brian insisted. Michelle gave a dark chuckle as she shook her head. She began to back away from the two people.

“I can’t believe that you’re pulling this shit now!”

“Who the fuck threw food at my floor!” a deep voice growled from the door. It was Matt.

“I didn’t throw it!” Alice piped up, her borrowed voice high.

“What the fuck is going down?” Matt finally strode in the door. He held the broken remains of the plate and a couple of meat bits lay on top.

“They were pulling some crazy story about body swapping.” Michelle cut off any hopes of explanation from Alice and Brian. Matt turned to them, an incredulous expression smacked on his face.

“Why did you pull that shit?”

“Don’t you see what was going on? Me being here suddenly, and all the losing memory of Brian.” Alice reasoned.

“I didn’t-“ Matt was interrupted by another influx of people pushing in through the door. As of now, every single person who was there at the barbeque was squeezed in the room. The five men of Avenged Sevenfold and their women amounted to the most confused people in the most confusing room. Zacky was the only one who knew what exactly was going on.

Every eye peered at Matt, Alice, Brian and Michelle, expecting an explanation. It was completely quiet that you could hear a pin drop.

“Tell them what you told me.” Michelle crossed her arms. Alice and Brian were in a catch 22. If they told the truth, drama would arise and tear apart the happy group of people. But if they kept on lying, it would be a futile attempt. Brian cleared his throat and stepped out. The audience redirected their attention to the petite blonde. He was gnawing at his lip. He was unsure on how to word this. He couldn’t just announce it outright. It was an explanation which was difficult to believe. They were lucky enough that Zacky took it well enough.

“I don’t know how you guys will take this…” he began.

“Are you guys fucking? Because that would be weird, since you’re cousins. But you don’t even look alike…” Johnny interrupted Brian and began a ramble of his own. He shut up when Matt hit him on the head.

“No! God! Ew!” Alice screamed. She honestly couldn’t imagine herself with Brian. He was like an annoying older brother. Gena shuffled to Johnny and whispered in his ear.

“She’s actually gay.” She nodded her head in assurance. Johnny gave a surprised ‘O’.

“Okay, wrong idea.” Johnny hung his head. “Go on.” Brian sighed, rolling his head on his shoulders. Before he could begin, Matt pointed at Brian curiously.

“You’re a lesbian?” he asked bluntly. Brian’s mouth was agape. He never thought he would be asked this question in a million years. But he supposed he had it coming, after lying to Gena about it.

“Yeah.” He replied, flicking his eyes around the room. Alice gasped. How could he? He had no business going around telling everyone that she was lesbian when she was not. She had to deal with Michelle’s advances while Brian strolls around with no sexual worries in his mind. She growled quietly.

“Is that what was going on then?” Johnny said.

“No!” Michelle intervened.

“Now what?” Johnny stuttered, totally perplexed.

“They cooked up a story that they swapped bodies. That Alice is actually Brian and vice versa. I think its bullshit.”

“You gotta be joking.” Matt chortled.

“It’s true!” Brian piped up. “I mean, you notice that he is acting more like Alice than me? That he was acting weird.”

“But isn’t that because of his amnesia?”

“That was an excuse!”

“Are you sure you need your head rechecked? I guess I have to push off the tour…” Matt turned to Alice. She raised her eyebrow. That couldn’t hurt. She wouldn’t be dealing with the pressure of her unsuccessful guitar lessons and everyone wouldn’t be onto her too much. She thought Brian dealt with too much attention. She had no doubts that he liked to be alone sometimes. She began to feel sorry for him about it.

The one downside to the going along with the whole brain being rechecked thing was that she would be in and out of hospitals. She hated hospitals with a burning passion. But she reasoned that dealing with hospitals would be better than a world of drama and confusion. She decided to fib, because she thought that it was fair because Brian faked being a lesbian. She was far away from being a lesbian.

“I suppose you’re right. I might need my brain rechecked.” Alice muttered. Everyone in the room sighed, in between bewilderment and relief. Brian stared at Alice, an angry betrayed expression upon his face. With a furious huff, he pushed past the people in the room and exited.

“Alice is weird.” Lacey whispered. Everyone agreed with nods and mutters. Alice winced. They were talking about her, in a matter of fact. After a short silence, every person in the room filed out from the room, leaving Alice and Michelle alone in the room. She was staring intently to Alice with anger and genuine worry in her eyes.

“You’re in big trouble.” She said before leaving her alone.

Brian was lying on the poolside chair, trying not to cry. Alice has basically betrayed her and embarrassed him in front of everybody. He couldn’t get why Alice would do that to herself. Tears prickled at his eyes. Fuck it, he thought. Women cry, why shouldn’t he since he was one now?

Tears trickled down his cheeks. He sniffled as he brushed them away. It felt good to finally cry. He twisted his neck slightly to the house. All of the people were inside of the house, conversing. He was all alone outside at the pool. He glanced back out to the still expanse of water.

He heard a door squeak open and a set of cautious footsteps walk towards him. A hand shook at his shoulder. He turned to find Arin standing next to him. He gave a weak smile.

“Hey.”

“Hey.” Brian muttered.

“You were crying.” Arin chuckled. “I can’t imagine Synyster Gates crying.” Brian gave a cold chuckle before he realised something.

“Synyster G- Did you believe me?”

“Yeah, I believe you. Alice can go and be stuffed. I mean. It all makes sense. And you do act more like Brian than Alice. “ He took a seat next to Brian, fiddling with his thumbs.

“Well, I appreciate that.” Brian was grateful. At least he had some form of consolation right now. Two of them flowed into a comfortable silence, staring at the placid pool as the light faded away from the skies.
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologise for the confusing dialogue. Believe me, it's difficult to sort out the dialogue and who was saying what. It's like I had to turn a movie into words!

Thanks. :3
Comments/subs = <3