Status: please comment and subscribe :) - updated every Tuesday

Whittle Myself Into Something

Erin Reynolds.

After an hour of the two of us getting ready, we finally left the bus with some sort of pleasure in the way we looked. The hot sun beamed down, even at ten AM, and made me sweat immediately in the intense heat that Wednesday morning.

Grass filled my toes nicely as I walked by Becks, still taller than her despite the high heels on her feet.
“Becks, why are we ready so early?”

She groaned, obviously pissed at something I had no idea about, and responded to me. “Because I need to smoke as much as possible before our show today just so I don’t go insane, and you’re the one who wanted to explore so badly.”

“Of course I do!” I exclaimed as I nudged her. “We’re going to be with these people literally for three months, we might as well get to know some of them, right?”

We both took out a cigarette as we passed through various booths and people rushing to get their things ready before they let the mass group of teenagers in. I let a huge drag in before letting it out; enjoying the peacefulness I will only know a few times this summer.

A man about our age walked past the two of us and scurried away in fear after looking at Becks. He was obviously rude, so I called out to him. “Hey, we’re friendly, no need to be a douche!”

He looked back quickly and jogged off faster than before. Suddenly, it hit me like a train on a track; that was the boy who took Becks home last night. Did something happen? Did they hook up last night?

“Becks,” I pointed towards the boy while speaking to her.

“I know,” she replied as she glared at me intensely, showing that she didn’t want to talk about it at all. I gulped and continued on through the crowd of musicians. I kept a keen eye on her to make sure she was okay; but she definitely wasn’t. I could tell by the little tears brimming her lashes and the long drags she took on her cigarette.

“You know this summer is still going to be amazing, Rebecca,” I tried to reassure her. “So, you messed up one night, don't worry about it. Some douche isn't gonna ruin it.”

A small smirk covered her face as we continued on. It wasn’t long before I saw a tent not standing up right. There was one girl and one boy trying their hardest to keep it up, only to watch it fall back down to the ground.

“Fuck,” the small girl muttered as I rushed over to help.

Just as it was about to fall again, I came in and helped fix it. “Here, you hold that part while you go over there and fix that rod sticking out; I’ll stay here and hold this part up.”

They followed my instructions with no question as Becks walked away to continue exploring. I could tell she wasn’t handling this whole Garrett situation well, and I would give her as much space as she needed. Plus, these guys needed help and I was more than able.

“Okay, I think I got it,” the girl said as a harsh snap was heard from the tent’s side. “You two can let go.”
As we did, it stayed perfectly in place, just as it should be. “There we go! Sorry for budging in, I just thought you guys needed some help.”

“Oh, no, no! Thank you so much, we really appreciate it! I’m Sally,” she said as she held out her hand for me to shake it.

“Erin,” I responded with a warm smile. She returned it as I looked up at the boy. It was him. The one that looked so magically like Jeremy. I tried my best to keep in my shock as I continued on. “Who are you, sir?”

“Jayy,” he answered with entirely too much awkwardness in his voice. “But, I, uh, have to go. Thanks for the help.”

He rushed away quickly without another word. Sally looked up at me at that point and smiled. “Don’t mind him; he’s still kind of messed up because of this whole new scene of bands. We’re so used to smaller tours that this is really giving us all a bit jolt! Don’t take it personally, he’s a weird guy.”

I chuckled a bit, trying my best to hide my own embarrassment. “Oh, it’s completely fine, dear; I didn’t think anything of it. I’m glad I could help, and I hope to be seeing you around.”

“Definitely! Come by anytime, we owe you one!” she said as I walked off, content with my good deed for the day and Jeremy filling my mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took so terribly long to post, but it is here now :D! Please, please comment and subscribe, it means a lot to us. Thank you so much for those who have!