Sequel: Forget Me Not

Soulmate

Green

my parents divorced when I was three years old. My mother said she couldn’t take any more of my father and my father said he couldn’t stand my mother for one more minuet. Of corse I was sent to stay with my mother. I may have my fathers name but that would be the only thing I shared with him in the years to come.

My sister, Kim, has a different father than me. he’s a strong pure blooded wizard. My mother said she married him because the rush she got from dating my mudblood father didn’t pay the bills. James, the man my mother married, was a rich wizard. his family had ties to Ravenclaw, one of the founders of Hogwarts. My father had ties to a very important figure in the muggel community but that didn’t matter in the Wizard world.

My father moved to Canada when I was eight. There were no more weeks at his house as a sort of safe haven for me. he never called me after that. he never sent a letter. I found out then that I was really on my own. there was no one in the world I could count on but me.

When I was eleven my step father died. My sister was nine and cried like a two year old. I told her to get a grip. That my father left me when I was eight and I didn’t cry about it. my mother locked my in my room for a week for that. she said I had no right to treat my sister like that. she said the Kim deserved better from me.

I was all to glad to go away to Hogwarts a few weeks later. My mother dropped me off at Kings cross and left. She didn’t say goodbye, she didn’t even look at me. she hadn’t for weeks at that point.

I walked aimlessly threw kings cross confused and alone. it wasn’t until I saw a family run threw a wall that I figured out what to do. I fallowed the mother, her daughter, and a boy with messy black hair threw. Once inside someone took my bags and my cat named Jasper. I’d gotten him from my father just shortly before he left for Canada.

“take Jasper” I remember him saying one night. we were out side hiding under a tree from my mother’s friends. “take him Emily, I’ll be right back”

He never came back.

Its not easy wondering the train when your eleven. At least in my case. I didn’t know anyone from the wizarding world. My mother had made sure that I never met any one that may be my friend in this school.

I saw the boy with messy black hair enter a cabin and a boy with red hair walk in right after him. I toyed briefly with going to sit with them before deciding against it. I turned and ran into someone. He was a tall boy for his age. Such white blond hair that it almost looked silver. His eyes were blue, almost white like ice.

“watch where your going” he spat at me and I crossed my arms over my chest

“why don’t you?” I asked, “I was here first after all”

“watch it girl” he growled, “do you know who my father is?”

“nope” I said putting my hands on my hips, “and I really don’t care”

“you will pay” he hissed walking past me.

“and you’re the king of stupid!” I shouted after him. no my come backs were not that great, give me a break I was eleven!

I wandered the train a while longer before running across the boy with black hair and his friend. A girl was standing in the door way talking to them. She was small with a wild mane of brown curls. She turned suddenly and almost walked right into me.

“oh sorry” she smiled slightly, “I didn’t hear you come this way”

“its my fault” I said, “I should of kept walking”

“you look lost” she frowned, “have you not found a cabin yet?”

I bit my lip, “not exactly…”

“well there are only two boys in there” she pointed behind her, “they seem nice enough”
“cant I go with you?”

“no sorry” she sighed, “my cabin is stuffed to the brim, there is barely breathing room in there”

“ok, thank you” I sighed as she moved on and I walked up to the cabin door. I knocked once hesitantly, there was a bunch of shuffling before the boy with red hair opened the door and looked at me. he was a tall boy with freckles covering ever part of him that I could see. he had the sweetest blue eyes and he smiled around a mouth full of food.

“hello” he said or at least that’s what I think he said

“um hi” I murmured biting my lip again, “I cant find a cabin…can I come in?”

“sure” he shrugged steeping back and plopping down in his seat. I stood in the door way and looked around. there was candy and wrappers everywhere. Among the piles sat the two boys. The red head had liquorish in his mouth and a rat sitting on his chest. The other was sitting in the corner with a chocolate frog box in hand. His black hair was a meat mess that fell into his crystal green eyes. he wore glasses but that only added character in my opinion. He was extremely good looking.

“hi” he greeted me with a smile that only lit up his face and I blushed slightly,

“hi” I mumbled

“you need a cabin to stay in?” he asked looking at me and I nodded slightly, “you can stay here and feel free to help yourself to the candy, im getting sick.” I didn’t say anything but looked down at my feet and quickly took the seat opposite the red head.

“im Harry” he said and I glanced up at him, “Harry Potter”

“as in the one who stopped the Dark Lord?” I asked, my head snapping up to look at him. my eyes zeroed in on the scar on the right side of his forehead.

“yeah I guess” he shrugged looking slightly embarrassed.

“its him alright” the red head said with glee in his eyes, “do you see the scar?”

“I saw it yes” I said looking away from Harry, he was getting uncomfortable I could tell. “who are you?” I asked looking up at him

“Ron Weasley” he said holding out his hand for me to shake.

“nice to meet you” I said biting my lip again, “im Emily Raven”

“nice to meet you Emily” he said, “would you like some liquorish?” he asked holding out a piece for me to take and I just shook my head brought my feet up on the bench. Travel always made me tired and I was already in my robes so I curled up in a little ball and fell asleep to the sound of the train racing forth.

I started to wake up as the train slowed and I heard Harry and Ron talking.

“she seems nice” Harry whispered to Ron, “what’s wrong with her?”

“she’s Emily Raven” he said, “her step father was one of the cruelest, heartless men out there”

“but that’s not her” Harry said, “just because her step dad was mean doesn’t mean she is” I pretended to wake up then and they quickly went about their business. We got off the train and I was forced to share a boat with the King of Stupid. The castle was beautiful and I couldn’t wait to be inside. I was always fascinated with buildings and I often found that the inside is even more beautiful than the outside.

I was not disappointed. The structure was amazing and enchanting, the pale walls seemed to touch the sky before they connected. We were lead up the stairs where we were meet by a tall witch. She was elderly looking but moved swiftly and gracefully. She said a few words before walking away. I was standing in front of the group with Harry and Ron. The king of stupid a few feet away.

“the rumors on the train seem to be true” he said looking at Harry intensely, “Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts” gasps and whispered ran threw the crowd.

“the names Draco Malfoy” he said stepping forward, “this is Crab, and this is Goyal. You learn here quickly that some houses are better than others Potter, you don’t want to get sorted in with the wrong sort” he glared at me and Ron before turning back towards Harry, “I can take you there” and then he held out his hand for Harry to take.

Harry looked down at it before glancing back at me and Ron, “I think I cant tell the wrong sort on my own thanks” he said to Draco and I smiled slightly. The witch from before came back and shooed Draco back into line before leading us into the Great Hall. it was amazing and beautiful in there. The pale walls stood out against the darkened windows. Above us hundreds of lit candles floated sending their light all around the room. above that the ceiling looked like it was missing and we were staring at the night sky. I remembered my father did that to my bedroom ceiling before he moved.

“when I call your name” the Witch said gathering our attention, “you will take a seat up here. I will place the sorting hat on your head and you will receive your assignment.” She looked down at the list in her hand “Neville Longbottom” she said and a shaking looking boy with a sweet face walked up slowly. He sat on the stool and she put the hat on his head. It stayed there for a moment or two before screaming across the room

“GRYFFINDORE!” I jumped at the sound and the applause that fallowed. Neville ran down to the table and sat down breathing a sigh of relief.

“Draco Malfoy” she called and I watched in degust as he walked up there very arrogantly. He sat down and the hate barely touched his head before it belted out “SLYTHERIN!” I don’t want that house, I thought to myself as the witch called Ron’s name.

“ah another Weasley eh?” the hat chuckled, “might as well put you with the rest in GRYFFINDOR!” Ron smiled and ran down to join the table that was cheering. I noted a few others at the table that looked a lot like Ron.

“Hermione Granger” the witch called and I saw the girl from the train walk up. She seemed to be trying to calm herself as she took her seat. The hat took a few moments longer on her before saying that she also would be in Gryffindor.

“Harry Potter” she called and I watched the room pause. Everyone focused in on Harry as he walked up to the stool and she placed the hat on his head. The hat took its time on him before shouting out Gryffindor. I smiled as he walked past me and hoped that I would be put in that house too.

“Emily Raven” she called and I walked up slowly. I took my seat and bit my lip as she put the hat on my head.

“such a strange mind” the hat spoke into my own mind, “such a difficult child hood, but that doesn’t matter. What matters is where to put you”

“Gryffindor” I begged silently and I heard him chuckle.

“you are brave aren’t you?” he laughed, “but no that is not a good fit for you, you belong in…
“SLYTHERIN!”