Sequel: Forget Me Not

Soulmate

Sinking

When I woke up it was hard to see, the filthy water of the lake blinding my vision. But slowly my vision began to focus and my torso started to hurt, I couldn't breath! Oh god I was going to die here, at the bottom of the lake but then suddenly a freaky fish woman apeared before me. She stuff a weird plant thing in my mouth before swimming away.

 Almost immediatly I could breath again and I felt gills carve themselves into my neck. My fingers suddenly had these weird skin membranes between them and my feet were shaped like flippers. 

I looked around and saw Ron and Hermione still asleep and tied to a rock far below. To the other side I saw the little girl, also alseep. Why was I awake then? I closed my eyes and took a deep breath but I could see still. I saw the lake, the Swaying seaweed and rocky lake floor but the angle was off. I opened my eyes and looked again, yes it was deffinatly a different angle of view. 

Closing my eyes I thought, "what is this?" i felt a jolting shock that wasn't my own. "Emily?" Harry's voice inquired but it wasn't coming from around me, it was as if he was inside my head. 

"Harry!" I thought, "what- what is this?" 

"I-I don't know" he said. "why can I hear you?" I knew of course, he was my soulmate we had a connection that was a great burden on the psyche. But he didn't know, he may never know.

"I don't know what it is but you should probably get going" I lied. "you only have an hour and you need to come find Ron" 

"Ron?" he asked. "what do you mean?"

"I mean he's the thing that they took" I said mentally rolling my eyes. "Ron from you, Hermione from Krum, me from Cedric and then there is fluer's little sister. You have to find us and Harry, I told her that I would protect her if her sister failed, you have to take her too if it comes to that" 

"you're the thing they took from Cedric?" he asked. "why?"

"how should I know? I was just in it for the nap" I said and I heard him laugh. "which I really disappointed for loosing out on now. I wonder why I woke up..." I trailed of and shrugged. 

"Emily? Do you know where you are? I'm swimming threw a bunch of seaweed" he frowned. "I think I'm just going in circles"

"trust your instincts Harry"  I giggled. "it's like finding the snitch" 

"only totally different" he laughed again and I saw him swim out of the edge of the seaweed field. Far a head of him was an archway with the four of us floating inside it. 

"I told you" I smiled opening my eyes to look at him. "your instincts are better than anyone I know"

"I'm just lucky" he said swimming up to us. 

"no luck is finding money on the ground" I said with a smile. "you found your friends first in a huge-ass lake. That is great instinct" he swam over to Ron before going to untie the rope. A flash of light caught both of our eyes and Cedric smiled grabbing my arm. He tapped his wrist, looking at Harry who nodded as we swam away. I allowed myself to be dragged as if I was still asleep. no need to help cedric, he already won.  

Reaching the surface whatever plant The merpeople had given me wore off and I smiled at Ced who dragged me over to the platform. "so Cedric" I smirked and wrapped the towel tighter around myself. "why exactly was I what was taken from you?" 

"my little sister must always be safe" he smiled but I knew it was a lie. Cedric cared, more than he should. Why did they always have to care? It made everything so much more complicated. 

Hermione and Krum arose to the surface and I reached to help my best friend out of the water. "cold?" i asked handing her a towel. 

"incredibly" she shivered pulling it tighter around her.

I smiled and looked up at krum being congradilated by his classmates. It was then that i saw Fluer standing by her headmistress. Flue was up already, her sister was not.

"Harry!" i thought desperatly and i closed my eyes. "Harry can you hear me?!"

"yeah" he said looking up towards the surface. "what is it?"

"flure has already been pulled up" i said. "you have to bring up her sister; and Harry, Your hour is almost up. you have to be at the top when the gillyweed wears off." he didnt say anything but i saw him get to work. He cast a spell on the girls rope and pushed her and ron up towards the surface. Creatures attacked him then and pulled him down towards th bottom of the lake while harry's gillyweed was wearing off, he was drowning!

"harry!" i paniced and opened my eyes, breaking the conection. I stood up and started towards the edge of the plat form. "harry!" i shouted as a bunch of dumbstrang boys restrained me. Ron and the girl rose to the top but harry was still down there.

"miss Raven control yourself!" dumbledore ordered but i ignored him and fought my way out of the arms of the boys. i dived back into the water casting the bubble-head charm on myself as i went. 

I saw harry at the bottom of the lake, not moving. I pushed myself hard before casting the bubble-head on him. He still didnt move. Gathering his still form in my arms i pulled out my wand and cast a spell that launched us to the top. We rolled onto the platform and harry tumbled away from me.

"harry!" i coughed crawling over to him. Around us students and faculty watched as i preformed CPR on Harry's still body. No one moved to help but hermione, Who held his head still for me as i pushed down on his chest. 

"come on harry wake up" i growled. 

Suddenly that string i'd seen all those months ago apeared in my vision, i saw my soul tied to harry's and i saw harry's soul going dark. He was slipping away "no!" i shouted. "damn you! Come back! You cant be gone!" but he was, he was falling into a diffrent kind of release than the normal one of sleep. 

Harry Potter was dying. 

No! I thought desperatly as i closed my eyes, "Harry!" Even my mental voice shook. "harry dont you dare die! Dont you DARE!"

"but emily, i see my parents" he said, his voice weak. "my mum and dad"

"harry no! You cant go with them!" i thought desperatly, "Harry we need you here! Ron, Hermione... Me, we need you here Harry"

"but why?" he asked, his voice weaker. "you will move on, im not that important"

"yes you are!" i argued. "yes harry, you are important, you're not just another boy to me Harry" 

"what are you saying?" he asked, still slipping away. 

I could see the string growing brighter, he needed a reason to come back. I had to give him the only one i knew.

"because i love you harry" i said, my mental voice shaking. "not like a friend, i LOVE you. So much it hurts, so you cant die ok?" and just like that his soul pushed its way back out of the darkness. Harry bolted up on the platform my eyes opened just in time to see his face in front of mine. I felt warmth on my lips and realized, harry was kissing me.