Sequel: Forget Me Not

Soulmate

A Ghost

It was strange, after the challenge when I had changed back into dry cloths. The girls in my room glared more than usual, the silent snobbery in full play today. As I ascended from the dungeons of the Slytherin common room I was watched, all eyes were on me.

"I would never want to be you" Ginny said appearing by my side as I walked to the great hall.

"Oh really?" I rolled my eyes. "And why would that be?"

"Because people are calling you a fame whore" she said flippantly but I stopped in my tracks.

"They’re calling me what?"

"A fame whore" she said. "You have both Cedric, and harry this year when you didn't know one last year and the other was just one of your friends. Also you broke up with Fred the night the champions were announced. It looks very suspicious Em"

"I’ve known Cedric!" I said. "We’ve talked in the library a few times! Even ask him about it..."

"Well then there is the whole matter of you being his most important thing but then kissing Harry" she said looking off down the hall. "Speak of the devil, here comes Harry" I turned quickly to see the boy who lived walking towards us with a nervous smile.

"What do I do Ginny?" I asked quietly.

"im no expert but first you should define who the you are to each other," she said. "Then you have to define who you are, together"

"You seem to know a lot about this"

"I read way to many of those Muggle teen romance books" she laughed as Harry reached us. "Anyway I’ll see you around Emily, bye Harry!"

"Bye" I mumbled looking at the floor. Neither of us said anything for a minute, we just stood there awkwardly.

"Well" I swallowed finally looking up, into those green eyes that hypnotized me so long ago. "Why don’t we go to the library? Away from all the prying eyes" I suggested looking around at all the students who were looking away suddenly.

"I have a feeling the prying eyes will only fallow us" he said with a shrug. "So what do we do? To talk alone?"

"What you do best harry" I smiled. "We fly"

A few minutes later we were sitting on our brooms, just hovering above the school. I swung my broom around to sit beside him as we looked out towards the forbidden forest.

"It’s so peaceful up here" I said looking over at the setting sun.

"Very”

"Harry who am I to you?" I asked suddenly, not looking at him.

"What do you mean?" he asked. "You’re Emily"

"To Hermione I’m a best friend" I said. "To Ron I’m his brothers’ slytherin ex-girlfriend who makes absolutely no sense. To Fred and George I’m their crazy little sister who's up for anything. To Draco I’m someone who understands what no one wants to. I know who I am to everyone, everyone but you" I looked over at him and smiled slightly. "So who am I?"

"I don’t know Em" he said with a sigh as he looked off towards the sunset. "You’re just, Em I guess"

"That’s not an answer Harry" I scoffed.

"Well I don’t know what you want from me" he said with a huff.

"Then I’ll start with who you are to me" I said simply as I tilted my head to the side just a tad. "You’re the kind little boy that let me into his cabin on the train that first year. You're the defiant child who refused to give Voldemort the sorcerous stone. You are the brave boy fighting a fifty foot long snake in the chamber of secrets. You are the young man fighting tooth and nail to free your innocent godfather last year. You’re the one that will do anything to protect those you care about and that makes you a great man Harry" And you're the only one I would risk everything I am to protect, I added in thought.

"Wow" he said still not looking at me. "You think too much of me"

"Am I wrong?"

He didn’t answer. "So then it my turn is it?"

"It would appear so" I laughed once before turning to look away.

"to me Em..." he started. "You’re the girl Ron warned me would be trouble. You're the girl who told Malfoy off because she wanted something he told her she couldn't have. You are Fred's ex-girlfriend of whose relationship I was so incredibly jealous. You're strong- like the ocean, you can be cruel and heartless, but also like the ocean, it passes quickly and you are sweet, calm. You are my loyal friend who fought beside me these last three years. And then you're Emily, the girl who has always come to my aid when I was in distress or upset. You are the one I thing in my life that makes sense, apart from Ron and Hermione, and I will do anything it takes to protect you because..." he trail off, unsure of himself suddenly, and I looked at him.

"Harry" I said lifting his face to look at me. "It’s ok; you don't have to say it. I know" he smiled slightly and nodded.

"So what do we do now?" he asked.

"This" I said and before he could say anything I pulled out my wand. "Obliviate." I whispered and erased his memory of me completely. He flew to the ground under my instructions before I cast a spell on the whole school that made them forget my relationship to Harry Potter. They knew of me, Emily Raven the Slytherin girl, but that was all. Even Draco had no clue who I really was. Rita's story would never get out, no one would ever know.

Because now, I was a ghost.