Sequel: Forget Me Not

Soulmate

Trapped in a Nightmare

It came to me as a nightmare. What else could it be? Only a horrible, awful, nightmare could produce these images in my mind. Only a nightmare could put the boy I love in mortal danger in the manner of which he was.

But it wasn’t a nightmare, it was real. My eyes were closed and my connection to harry was pulsing with fear. Fear of breaking and fear of losing him, forever. When I finally realized that it wasn’t a dream I sat up in my bed. Keeping my eyes closed I saw as he and Cedric rolled on the grass in a graveyard.

“this is wrong Harry” I whispered to him as my lip trembled. “get out of there you fool”

“Cedric, we need to get out of here” he said heeding my warning without question.

“why-“

“Kill the spare” someone hissed and they spun around to see Wormtail holding a baby shaped thing in his arms. The flash of green appeared and I watched as Cedric, that boy who cared to much, fell to the ground, dead.

“NO!” I screamed both in my mind and out loud in my empty room. “Harry! Run!” but it was too late. Wormtail pinned him to a statue and began to perform a spell like none I have ever seen. With a ball of black smoke and a gross slimy bit in the middle… he was back. Voldemort, the most fear wizard of all… was alive.

“Harry” he hissed turning towards the boy. “how nice it is to finally meet you” he stepped closer to Harry who struggled under the strong hold of the statue. “but what is this… why is it that when I look into your eyes, I not only see your dark green ones but these lovely icy green ones as well?” I gasped in shock and opened my eyes to see my empty bedroom. Dumbledore, I have to get Dumbledore and he’ll figure something out. I started to get out of bed to get dressed.

And then I heard him laugh.

I froze, that laugh. It was his laugh. But why? Why was I hearing it? My connection to Harry always broke when I opened my eyes. “well it seems our little friend got scared and ran away” he laughed. “you are very lucky Harry, to have found your soulmate. Tell me, how did it feel?”

“what are you talking about?” Harry growled and I closed my eyes to see again.

“oh look, she’s back” Voldemort chuckled again. “She’s a curious little thing isn’t she?”

“what are you talking about?!” harry demanded again.

“you don’t know?” he asked surprised. “the she must have found you... and hasn’t told you. How interesting” he took a step back from Harry and smiled, “you see boy, everyone has a soulmate, the one person you are meant to spend your life with. But few pause long enough in their daily lives to actually look. Having a soulmate causes a connection to form. Have you been hearing a female voice in your head for the past few months?”

Harry didn’t answer.

“You see?” he mused, clearly enjoying himself. “that was her, speaking to you threw your bond. And when she activates the connection, one can see her eyes, threw your own.

“it is a mystery to me as to why you do not know of the connection you share with her” he continued. “I’ve never heard of it before” I opened my eyes and threw on a clean uniform before running out of my room. I ran to the stands where the even was taking place, while I listened to Voldemort taunt Harry in the background. I paused when he summoned his death eaters. I closed my eyes and prayed that I wouldn’t see what I dreaded I would.

But they wore masks, I couldn’t recognize them until he one by one removed their masks. And they fell on their knees before him. Among them were the fathers of Crabb, Goyal, and Malfoy of course. But no, it appeared my mother was not in his ranks.

I was about to back out and begin running again, towards the stadium where help was. But there was a flash of blue from the end of Voldemort’s wand and I was stuck. I couldn’t open my eyes or move my body; Because Voldemort had trapped me there.

“now my dear” he chuckled. “we don’t need you running off and telling people what’s going on here”

“How’d you know?” I wondered but Harry actually spoke the words aloud.

He laughed again, “you like? It not only forces you to keep the bond strong, but everything you think, he says”

“fuck”

“well, well” he said his face going dark, “don’t we have a potty mouth, watch it or I might just cut out the boy’s tongue.”

“what’s up with your face?” I asked randomly, “seriously, what the fu-dge…. Happened to your nose?” he didn’t find this funny.

“be quiet now” he hissed. “or I’ll kill the boy”

“you wouldn’t do it while he’s restrained” I rolled my- or rather Harry’s eyes. “killing a boy who’s pinned to a statue, how’s that going to help the fact that you were undone by a baby? If anything people would just say that you kept him pinned because you wouldn’t be able to kill him if he had, had a fighting chance”

“the girl wants her soulmate to die” he said turning his back on harry and looking at his followers.

“no I don’t” I said. “I just know the truth, you will never be able to kill him while he has a fighting chance. Face it Voldy, you’re just not strong enough” that really pissed him off.

“Grab your wand Potter!” he shouted as he waved his wand to release Harry from the statue’s hold. “get up and fight!” Harry scrambled to get his wand and shoot off a few spells before hiding behind a grave stone.

“what have you done?” he hissed at me.

“I gave you a fighting chance” I growled back. “you can get out now Harry, you only have to distract him long enough to get to Cedric and summon the port key to go home.”

“how do you think I manage that?” he hissed.

I shrugged, “I dunno, if there were mops and shit I would go all fantasia on them. But you’re in a grave yard and im fresh out of ideas, I got you free. You take it from here”

“a lot of good you are”

“I believe in you Harry” I said, “I always have, and always will. I know you will survive this” he paused a moment, his mind reeling around what I had just said. I Believed in him, what a horrible burden, he thought. So heavy is the weight of another strangers happiness, but also… so strong, so uplifting. It gave him strength and he slowly walked out from behind the grave.

Voldemort looked at him, studying him, before casting the death curse at the same time as Harry cast his disarming spell. This caused a bubble to form around them, and the souls of the people recently killed by Voldemort’s wand sprung forth from the tip, not quiet ghosts but still something more than a memory. This was the first time I saw Harry’s mum and dad. He looked so much like his father, just like everyone said. His mother was a beautiful woman from who Harry got his eyes. They were dark, and beautiful, and when she looked into his eyes I felt her looking into mine, “you are strong, you will make it.”

“now sweetheart!” she shouted at him, “Let go! Now!” Harry did, and the souls flew at Voldemort causing a thick fog that made him pause. It gave Harry enough time to dash to Cedric’s body and summon the port key to get home.

The moment he landed back in the stadium the spell keeping me locked inside his mind broke. I was thrown back into my own body that fell to the ground with the forced. I ran as fast as I could the rest of the way to the stadium. They all seemed to be in a state of shock as they stared at Cedric’s lifeless body. I bit my lip and shook my head as I began to grieve for my long lost friend.

I almost didn’t notice that Harry wasn’t there anymore. But his feeling of uneasiness crept over to me through our bond and I look around. Where was he?

“Dumbledore!” I breathed, franticly running up to my headmaster, “Something is happening!”

“a child died Miss Raven” he growled, “shock and disbelief is what is happening”

“no!” I hissed, “Harry, he’s in trouble!” he looked at me with confused eyes.

“and how do you know this?” he asked me

“I just have a bad feeling,” I whispered to him. “Please professor, you have to believe me” he nodded only slightly before he took off across the stadium with McGonagall and Snape, who didn’t even glance my way, on his heels. I walked up against the wall and closed my eyes to focus more on Harry.

“Why did he need you inside the castle?!” Harry was demanding as what appeared to be not-moody jumped at him and he dodged. “he has that Raven girl, she’s a death eater. Why did he need you?!”

“Raven” not-moody paused to think. “Raven, nope not ringing any bells. Unless of course you mean the girl you sliced up for being a Slytherin… hate to burst your bubble Potter but she’s not one of us. She’s just a girl in Slytherin house, one you treated quite badly might I add. Perhaps Potter... you’re just as bad as us!” and then he lunged at Harry again but Dumbledore and the teachers showed up and I breathed a sigh of relief, he was safe… for now.

I opened my eyes to distance myself from Harry Potter’s mind. His friend had died, the Wizard who murdered his parents was back, and the girl he thought was evil… was just a girl. no, his head was not a place I wanted to be right now.

Students were starting to file out of the stadium, leaving the body of our fallen classmate behind. They didn’t want to, and I suppose in a way could, think about his death right now. Even I was having a hard time focusing on it and I knew all the facts. For them it was just a senseless death with no answers. They couldn’t process it yet, and when they did… it wouldn’t be pretty for anyone.
Least of all for Harry, I feared as I walked over to the handsome boy’s body. His father was still draped across him, sobbing. Tears rolled down my cheeks and I knelt beside him. “im sorry” I croaked out. “Im so sorry, he was… the kindest boy I’ve ever known”

He looked up at me his eyes locking on the slytherin emblem on my shirt before going, so very, very dark. “What did you know of it?” he asked pulling Cedric’s body closer to him, and farther away from me. “its you fault this happened, isn’t it?”

“what?” I whispered.

“your kind!” he shouted at me now and I jumped back. “you Slytherins! This is all your fault!” i shook my head in disbelief. Were all Slytherins really so bad that the hate directly flowed into the Adults as well as the children?

“im sorry you feel that way” I said bowing my head as I stood up and ran, as fast and as far as I could into that god forsaken maze.

I heard someone shout my name, but I didn’t dare slow down. I wasn’t like them! Why couldn’t anyone see that? Before my spell people knew, they understood that I wasn’t like Malfoy but now… now I couldn’t even walk through the halls without glares all around me.

When I finally stopped I fell to the hard dirt ground. my tears decorating my cheeks a light pink color as the voice grew louder. There were footsteps behind me and just before a hand moved to touch my shoulder, I drew my wand and pointed it at the face of my chaser.

I paused a moment, “Ron?” I asked in disbelief.

“not for long if you don’t put this away” he said gesturing towards my wand. “who knows what a spell will do at this distance”

I put my wand away and closed my eyes trying to stop the tears. “hey don’t do that” he said lifting my chin so I was looking at him. “don’t hold back, you’ve been wronged by so many people this year, you deserved a couple of good cries” I looked into his blue eyes and gave him a weak smile as the tears began to flow over and my body erupted in a fit of sobs. With one arm wrapped around me he lifted his wand in the other to shot off a spark into the sky.

Soon after Hermione appeared and together they brought me into the school. At this point I had stopped crying and took the lead in directing them towards the Library. I went back to the Muggle Fiction section and sat down in the chair while they stood awkwardly at the end of the isle. “you guys should go to Harry” I said not looking up at them. “he’ll be needing you two”

Hermione shifted, “not yet” she said and I looked up at her. “I have a feeling you need us more.” You have no idea, I thought as I dropped my head back into my hands.

“Hermione” I said looking up a bit latter, “did you ever figure it out?”

“what?” she asked setting aside the book she’d been paging threw.

“the riddle” I said. “how the sorting hat works?”

Her and Ron exchanged looks, “no, not yet”

“I think I have” I said looking up at the ceiling. “and honestly; I can officially blame my mother for everything”

They exchanged looks again but asked no questions, not their place I assumed is what they were thinking. But little did they know, I would have told them anything.