Sequel: Forget Me Not

Soulmate

The Beginning In The End

Hogwarts was quiet again as the other schools left. I stood on a balcony looking out over the lake and smiling despite the hardships I endured this year. I smiled at the water far below me because it was on this water, only a few short months ago that Harry kissed me. Even thought it was a memory only I held it was a treasured one to me.

“Raven” his voice came from the hallway behind me but I didn’t even flinch.

“Harry” I greeted him with a soft smile towards the setting sun.

“you always call me Harry” he said walking up to the ledge. “no matter what I do to you, you treat me as a friend”

“i do consider you a friend” I smirked and glanced towards him. “and don’t worry, I’ll call you potter when you really mess up”

“why do you think of me as a friend?” he asked

“would you rather I didn’t?” I asked softly.

“no, I just find it strange” he said. “I’ve treated you worse than dirt, like the scum of the earth and cut you open all because you were in slytherin”

“I know” I shrugged. “but I also know that normally, you are a good and kind person. That people like Draco have taught you that all Slytherins are like him. You weren’t prepared to meet someone like me from the house of your enemies.”

“you think too much of me” he said.

“you think too little of yourself” I mused turning to look at him. “you keep asking your friends ‘if she’s so good, then why is she a slytherin.’ I think I have an answer if you’re willing to hear it”
“how did you-“

“Fred” I lied, cutting him off.

“oh” he nodded, “what’s your theory then?”

“do you know much of my family Harry?” I asked turning back toward the lake.
He shook his head, “no”

“My mother and father split when I was young” I said. “my father was a mudblood you see and my mother said that mudblood’s don’t pay the bills so she left him. She soon remarried a pureblood like herself and together they had my pureblood sister, Kim. While Kim became her pride and joy, I became the bane of her existence”

“im sorry” he said and I laughed.

“I’ve long since put this matter to bed” I said waving off his apology. “but when I was young and still yearned for my mother’s approval I wanted nothing more than to be put in a house she would be proud of”

“Slytherin” he breathed in realization.

“and I guess what I told Hermione that day in the library was false” I sighed. “I never asked to not be in Slytherin, I asked to be in Gryffindor because that day I finally realized who I was; always the lion, never the snake”

“I want to start over” he said suddenly and I laughed. “What’s funny?”

I shook my head, “it’s just that you are the second one to say that to me this year”

“well, I do” he said shifting uncomfortably. “if you’ll let me”

“two things” I chuckled turning back towards him. “one, no more cutting me open. that hurt like a son of a bitch”

He laughed, “sounds reasonable… what’s the other thing?”

I smiled softly, “say my name”

“what?”

“say my name” I repeated. “not Slytherin, or Raven. Say my name Harry”

He smiled softly and put his hands in his pockets. “Hello Emily”

I smiled back at him, “Hello Harry”
♠ ♠ ♠
and so ends this chapter of Emily's journy :) im working on the next one as my nanowrimo i hope you guys'll like it!!!

-love Katy