Sequel: Forget Me Not

Soulmate

Corruption

“have you two made up yet?” George asked rounding the isle, “because it’s almost curfew”

“since when do you care about curfew?” I asked turning out of Fred’s embrace and wiping my tears. “you don’t care about rules”

“yes well its day one” he said, “and we do make it a point not to get into too much trouble on the first day”

“its true” Fred laughed looking down at me, “a promise we made when we were in our first year. no trouble on day one”

“that of corse failed” George continued, “so we changed it to not too much trouble on day one. as stuck to it since”

“well that’s weirdly attractive” I said looking up at Fred, “if only I didn’t have to go” I smirked before hugging him and quickly leaving the Library to head back to the Slytherin common room. when I walked in Draco looked up from the middle of the group of girls he had been entertaining a moment ago. He stood without a word to his adoring fans and walked briskly to where I was standing.

“Emily” he greeted me, “did Weasley forgive you?”

“yeah” I said still unsure with how he treated me now, “he was mad I don’t talk to him more about my home life”

“people who come from happy homes can never understand what its like for people like us” he said quietly as I leaned against the wall. He took a step forward.

“its harder for them” I reasoned looking up at the ceiling, “they are blessed with people who love them. We are cursed with those who don’t”

“at least we have each other to share our pain” he said looking at me carefully, “I mean, if you’ll have me”

I thought for a moment, “I could use the friend” I said with a small smirk, “but I still don’t trust you. three years of bad memories is a tough challenge to over come… you up for it?”

He only smiled, “when you want something you have to fight for it”

***

I found out at breakfast what I missed last night. the Triwizard tournament was happening this year at Hogwarts! I couldn’t believe it! I silently wish I was seventeen so that I could participate. Ron really wanted to do it, as did Fred and George. Harry however didn’t. I could see it in his eyes. he didn’t want eternal glory, hell he didn’t even want the fame he had now.

“what would you do if you won Emily?” Hermione asked and I raised an eyebrow

“I don’t know” I shrugged, “that’s money I don’t really need I’d probably give it to Fred and George to start the joke shop”

“Sweet!” George said, “your girlfriend is amazing Fred”

“I am pretty awesome aren’t I?” I mused taking a bite of fruit.

“more than awesome” Fred said looking down at me, “you’re the girl I love” I blushed and he kissed my cheek. I looked up at the boy who had become such a big part of my life for three years. At that moment I didn’t think anything could tear us apart.

“im full” Harry said suddenly standing up and walking out of the great hall. I looked after him and frowned. Hermione said something to me but I didn’t hear.

I stood up still looking at the doors Harry had just gone threw, “I’m gonna go talk to him” I said before walking quickly out of the hall. I asked a few people if they had seen him and eventually fallowed his trail all the way to an empty class room. I opened the door and walked in to see him practicing his patronas charm.

“Harry?” I spoke quietly but he jumped and turned around

“oh, hey Emily” he smiled but it didn’t reach his eyes

“ok, what’s up?” I asked sitting across from him on a desk

“nothing” he said looking away, “I should be getting to class-“ I jumped up and picked up my wand to cast a spell that locked the door.

“your not going anywhere” I said crossing my arms over my chest, “not until you tell me what’s wrong”

“just let me go Emily” he said “we don’t have time for this”

“as it would appear we have all the time in the world” I said leaning against the desk, “spill it Potter”

“Emily”

“Whining like a child wont make me let you go” I said, “I am extremely good at filtering out whining, my sister is a brat after all” he just looked up at me and huffed in frustration. I saw his hand move and pointed my wand at him before he could grab his own.

“now Harry dear” I sighed shaking my head, “were you really about to pull you wand on a Lady? A friend no less, I expected more from you”

“just let me go Em”

“not till I hear what I want to hear” I said shrugging, “I can wait forever Harry, how soon do you want to get to class?”

“Em” he hissed getting angry, “just let me go”

“no”

“Em”

“I told you no” I narrowed my eyes, “not till you tell me”

“im jealous ok?!” he shouted and I jumped back in surprise. “Jealous of you and Fred”

“why?” I asked lowering my wand, “why would you be Jealous?”

“because I want your guys’ kind of relationship” he said, “I want someone as good for me as you are for Fred” I was stunned. It was weird hearing Harry talk about dating and my relationship with Fred. It made it all seem very real suddenly. Not just joking around but a real relationship. Solid with tree years of memories supporting it. but now I saw those memories differently. Before it was just me and my friends hanging out and talking. Now it still felt like that, but there were no trace of romantic feelings in any of them. Not even last night when we finally had a serious discussion and I told him I loved him. I still love him true but like a best friend. Fred was my best friend, not my soulmate.

It was kind of funny. I didn’t even know I believed in soulmates till right now and now that I did I wanted one. desperately. I craved it like air, like it was apart of me that had suddenly been ripped away. And then my eyes fell on Harry

He was just standing there looking at me but at the same time it was different. Little Harry Potter, the boy I always thought of as a brother suddenly wasn’t. suddenly he was a handsome young man with old green eyes. past them I saw his soul, a perfect glowing, white sphere with what looked like white smoke emitting from it. his Soul was so pure and untainted, it was beautiful.

“Emily?” his voice brought me back to the room I had been standing in only moments ago. I opened my eyes to see the ceiling of the class room and Harry looking down at me.

Its him, I thought, looking threw hooded eyes. my flying partner, my playmate. the one who would always be there. The answer to my question. The one who picked me up when I fell down.

“Emily” he said again and I groaned turning my head to cough. Oh god I hurt, it was like I’d just used all the energy I’d had and then some. I could barley move and my head hurt as if I’d been hit with a baseball bat.

My eyes met Harry’s and one again I saw past them to his soul. only this time the smoke that had been coming off of it was all directed in one direction. I fallowed the trail till I saw another soul. this one was also a perfect, sphere but was a crystal blue. and the smoke that it gave off was also pointed towards Harry’s soul. where they met in the middle like a string of two colors. around this soul however was a black fog. the black wasn’t coming from the soul though it was trying to reach the soul. something was trying to corrupt it.

“Emily wake up!” he said I was pulled back into the room once again. only this time I wasn’t pulled from Harry’s soul to my body. I was pulled from deep within myself.

That was my soul.

I was faintly aware of being carried but the rest of me was focused on the pain. My head left like it was going to explode and the confusion of what had just happened was rattling my mind.

“Emily?” I heard Fred’s voice from somewhere in the distance and I mentally cringed. That was going to be an awful conversation.

“what happened?” I heard Draco demand moments later. There were now several sets of footsteps walking with Harry as he carried me. I couldn’t help but feel loved.

A wave of pain hit me, taking the pressure in my head to an all new height and I cried out in agony. My head, it hurt so bad! They burst threw a set of doors and I heard someone gasp.

“oh dear!” Madam Pomfrey exclaimed, “set her over here, now what happened?”

“we were talking and she fainted” I heard Harry say as a few more students ran in.

“where’s Emily?”

“is she all right?” Ron and Hermione chorused as they joined the other three.

“as soon as I figure out what’s wrong with her yes she should be” Madam Pomfrey said as I felt her cold fingers start to examine me just as the door burst open for the third time. “Oh! Headmaster!”

“I heard Emily Raven was here” he said joining the others at my bedside, “don’t worry I know what’s wrong with her. Harry sit here” he said and I felt someone sit besides me. “put your hand on her forehead and focuses on calming thoughts, peaceful times. Like your conjuring your patronas” Harry’s warm hand gently brushed aside a few strands of hair before resting securely above my eyebrows. The pain diminished almost immediately and I gasped. My eyes snapping open to see everyone circled around me.

“ouch” I whispered as Harry withdrew his hand and I sat up slowly, “what was that?” I asked with wide eyes.

“in my office at once Miss Raven” Dumbledore said turning towards the doors, “now!” he said again when I didn’t move. I quickly jumped off the bed, not feeling the least bit dizzy, and ran after him.