Sequel: Forget Me Not

Soulmate

Gemini

“in my office at once Miss Raven” Dumbledore said turning towards the doors, “now!” he said again when I didn’t move. I quickly jumped off the bed, not feeling the least bit dizzy, and ran after him.

We entered his office and my eyes were immediately drawn to the Phoenix sitting majestically on a stand besides his desk. The rest of his office was dark and dusty; shelves of books lined all the wall. The desk looked like it was made of cherry wood and it was huge.

“what happened?” I asked sitting across from him and biting my lip, “what was that?”

“you are a special witch Emily” he said folding his hands over his stomach, “you know that right?”

“no” I said frowning, “what do you mean?”

“you were born under the sign Gemini” he said, “the twins”

“so are lots of people” I frowned, “what does that have to do with anything?”

“Gemini was a tale of two brothers that stuck together till the very end” he said, “and some people called them soulmates

“not of corse in the romantic way” he laughed seeing my face, “but they completed each other. Two haves of one whole if you will.”

“this is all very nice and all professor but what does this have to do with me?” I asked getting impatient.

“you are a child of the star of two soulmates” he said, “and every now and then one of the children will experience something few people in the world do”

“what?” I asked. My voice shook for fear of where this was going.

“they find their soulmate” he said and I frowned.

“only people who were born a Gemini get soulmates?” I asked not believing him.

“no that was just a clever way of explaining what happened to you” he chuckled, “anyone can find a soulmate Miss Raven. But few do because they are too busy to look”

I was still frowning, “but I’ve know Harry since our first day at Hogwarts. Why am I only just now finding this out?”

“you’ve always known Miss Raven” he said, “you were just to busy with other things. tell me, you’ve always been able to read Mr. Potter rather easily, correct?”

“yes but-“

“and when he’s upset, who is the first on the comfort him?”

“well, I am but-“

“and when you are upset?”

“Fred!” I yelled, “its’ always been Fred!”

He seemed to pause a moment and ponder what I just said, “you’ve been seeing Mr. Weasley since your first year correct?”

“yes”

“is it possible that Harry held back from comforting you because of your relationship with Mr. Weasley?”

“now your just making things up” I grumbled crossing my arms over my chest, “you really want me to be Harry’s soulmate don’t you?”

“the opposite actually” he said and I raised and eyebrow, “Mr. Potter has a duty to the world that he must achieve. You are a distraction Miss Raven”

“what if Harry doesn’t want to do it?” I asked glaring at the Headmaster now, “what if he want’s a say?”

He smiled now, “you see what just happened there?” I frowned not sure what he was talking about.

“how do you know that Harry wants a say in who fights Voldemort or not?” he asked and I paused, “have you ever talked about it? ever asked him about it?”

I looked at him with wide eyes now, “no” he never said anything about. I never asked. Then how did I know?

“soulmates know things about each other with out having to ask about it” he smiled, “and just to clarify you being Harry’s soulmate is no matter to me”

“does Harry know?” I asked, “what we are?”

“I don’t believe so” he said, his smile was gone “and that is the problem. You must go on as you had Miss Raven, Harry cant know what happened”

“will he ever learn?” I asked as emotion started to rise in my chest, “or will I have to go on like this forever?”

“you may very well have to” he nodded gravely, “if you try to force Harry to see the bond you share you risk chasing him away forever. Do you want that?” no of corse I didn’t want that. I haven’t felt so… complete before. Like I finally knew why I was here. I didn’t want to lose it even if I did have to keep it to myself.

I left his office and slowly made my way to class. I handed Snape Dumbledore’s note before taking my seat next to Hermione. “what happened?” she whispered and I glanced sideways at her.

“nothing” I shrugged, “just wanted to know if I knew where my dad was so he could tell him what happened”

“and that brings me back to my question” he rolled her eyes, “what did happen?”

“malnutrition” I said, “my mother is a bitch”

“oh” she said looking very unconvinced.

“Miss Granger, Miss Raven” Snape snapped, “do we need to stop class so you can finish your conversation?”

“not really” I rolled my eyes, “we already done so please continue”

“ten points from Slytherin for talking back to a teacher” Snape said, “I don’t particularly care to take points from my own house Miss Raven. Next time it’ll be detention” I shrugged leaning back in my chair and crossing my arms over my chest.