Sequel: Forget Me Not

Soulmate

Just Listen to Me

It was the night they announced the champions that everything fell apart. I was sitting with my Gryffindor friends although Draco and I had grown closer in the past few days. He was quickly becoming one of my dearest friends.

The first name was called. It was a girl called Fluer from the girls school. She smiled before heading back to the chamber where the Champions would meet. Next was Victor Krum, a good looking guy who was gazing at Hermione as he passed up. She blushed and looked down at her hands while I laughed quietly beside Fred.

Another piece of paper flew and Dumbledore caught it, “the Hogwarts champion is… Cedric Diggory!” we cheered as a cute Ravenclaw stood up and walked into the back. Dumbledore went on to say something else but I wasn’t paying attention to him.

There was suddenly a loud ringing in my ear and I felt as though I’d been punched in the stomach. I winced and held my stomach with one hand with the other hand tried futilely to cover my ear from the ringing.

“Emily?” Fred asked, “what’s wrong?”

“something bad is about to happen” I hissed looking right into his eyes, “Harry, something will happen to Harry” it was then that a gasp ran threw the crowd and I turned just in time to see a forth piece of paper fly out of the cup. Dumbledore caught it and read it aloud.

“…Harry Potter?” he said quietly at first, “Harry Potter!” Harry shrank down in his seat a few placed down from me. and Hermione had to shove him to go up there. The ringing had stopped and my stomach felt fine. But the worry I felt for Harry only increased as he took the paper from Dumbledore and walked into the room with the other champions.

We slowly filed out of the Great Hall but Fred tugged me to the Library. I could tell by his face that he wasn’t happy. He brought me to the same section we’d been in only a week ago and walked forward. A stressed hand ran threw his red hair before he turned to me.

“what was that?” he asked finally

I shrugged slightly, “what do you mean-?”

“cut the crap Emily” he snapped, “in the Great Hall! you were in pain and said something was going to happen to Harry. How did you know that was going to happen?”

“I’m not sure” I said biting my lip, “Dumbledore never said anything about knowing-“ I stopped myself short there and looked into his brown, caring eyes.

“what?” he asked getting impatient , “what did Dumbledore say?”

I walked up to him and put my hand on his arm forcing him to sit on the chair in the corner. I straddled his lap forcing him to stay there as I spoke.

“you remember when I fainted last week?” I asked

He nodded, “from Malnutrition because your mom is a bitch”

“I lied” I said, “I was talking to Harry in the classroom. He was upset and I wanted to know why but he was refusing to tell me.”

“ok”

“He said that he was jealous of our relationship” I said, “He said he wanted someone as good for him as it appears I am to you”

“So the bugger’s trying to steal my girlfriend” Fred rolled his eyes, running a hand threw my hair, “I should take back that map I gave him”

“Just listen to me Fred” I said and his smiled fell. He knew I wasn’t joking around. I grabbed his hand and held it in both of mine; I squeezed it gently “when he said that it all became very real somehow, like up to that point it was just a dream and I’d suddenly woken up. Our relationship seemed forced, fake even. I felt that you were my best friend in the whole world. The one I could turn to when the world seemed most dark. but… your not my soulmate”

He’s face was black of emotion but his eyes…they were devastated. He was so hurt and I felt the tears begin to sting violently at my eyes. I hurt him. I hurt him bad.

“let me up” he said threw clenched teeth and I shook my head.

“not until I’m finished” I said threw a stressed voice, and placed my hands on his chest, feeling his heart beat under my fingers “Its funny because I didn’t even know I believe in soulmates till that moment. And if I had, I would have wanted you to be mine Fred, you have to believe me! you are the best guy and I didn’t want anyone else”

“but there’s Harry” he said threw his teeth and I could see the tears in the corners of his eyes, “He’s your soulmate isn’t he?”

“that’s what Dumbledore said” I whispered biting my lip as he threw his head back and a broken laugh escaped his lips.

“you know I was always jealous of you and Harry” he said looking up at the ceiling, “you were always so in tune with each other. Like you ran on the same wave length

“little did I know” he forced a laughed as he looked at me, “I believe you Emily, I believe that you wish I would have been your soulmate. But you don’t wish it because you loved me. you wish it because it would have been easier, no one would have gotten hurt” choked back a sob and let him up. He walked away from me quickly and I stayed there crying silently.