Sequel: Forget Me Not

Soulmate

An Invitation

The year went on and Fred and I avoided each other. The news of our break up spread like a wild fire threw the houses. It was really bad at lunch because he somehow managed to sit exactly where I had a perfect view of him. Draco was nice enough to try and block him but it never worked. I could always see him in the corner of my eye.

Then there was my intense longing for Harry to realize what we are and come running to me. but that wouldn’t happen, Harry liked Cho first of all. Secondly, he didn’t feel that way towards me, a thought that sent pain threw every nerve in my body. and thirdly because it couldn’t work. Something inside of me was causing that black fog around my soul and I just knew… it was bad for Harry to be around me.

As the Yule ball approached I received a surprising number of invites. Some of them were even from the boys in Slytherin house. I turned them all down. I was concerned for Harry to much to worry about a dance. Something was happening, something bad.

Draco stood across from me the week before the dance. I was sitting at the Gryffindor table with the golden trio, Ginny, Neville, Fred and George. Fred was at the far end of the table and was hardly looking at me.

“What do you want Malfoy?” Harry demanded seeing Draco standing behind him.

“If it concerned you Potter I would be looking at you” he snipped with out taking his eyes off of me, “as it so happens I’m here to talk to Emily”

“Obviously” I said raising an eyebrow, “what can I do for you’re my Stupid King?” he smirked walking around the tale so he was in front of me. he knelt before me and took my hand. All eyes were on us now and I heard a huff of frustration from Pansy.

“Emily Raven” he smiled kissing my hand gently, “would you do me the honor of allowing me to escort you to the dance?” I was blushing madly as he said this but smiling as well.

“Draco Malfoy” I said standing up and pulling him up too, “it would be my honor if you would escort me to the dance” he smiled and hugged me tightly and I hugged back. There were some cheers in the crowd but also a lot of silence. Obviously we weren’t a pair they approved of.

“Till then” he said backing up and kissing my hand again. I smiled and rolled my eyes as he walked off.

Fourteen eyes were locked on me as I sat down and continued eating. Slowly I lifted my gaze to all of theirs and looked around, “What?”

“You’re going…” Hermione started, “to the ball with…”

“Malfoy!” Ron finished for her, “are you insane? It’s Malfoy!”

“I know perfectly well what I am doing Ronald” I snapped standing up from the table, “and I trust you all to trust me! I know the grudge between you all is deep and I understand why; but Draco and I have gotten close over the last couple months. He’s a dear friend of mine, just as all of you are.”

“Emily” Harry spoke as I was about to turn and leave. I paused glancing up at him threw a few stray curls that had escaped my ponytail this morning. “Just… be careful”

I smirked, “you know me Potter, and I wouldn’t do this if I wasn’t completely sure”