Sequel: Forget Me Not

Soulmate

Let Me Go

The night of the ball I walked out of my dorm slowly. In the common room stood Draco surrounded by the usual entourage. I peered around the corner and saw him talking lightly with his back to me. Crabbe spotted my movement and looked up. He grimaced and tapped Draco on the shoulder.

He turned to look as I walked down the rest of the stairs. his eyes going wide in shock and awe. My dress was simple icy green color. It had one sleeve and hugged my body until it fell away gently my hips. It was a little short in the fact that it only fell to about mid-thigh. My hair was pulled back into fishtail braid that started on the right side of my forehead and wrapped around to fall off over my left shoulder.

I smiled steeping onto the floor, “how do I look?”

“enchanting,” he grinned stepping forward to cup my hands in own. “and what about me?”

“like a stupid king” I smirked and he rolled his eyes. “no really, you look amazing”

“dress robes really do become me don’t they?” he smiled taking my hand and walking out of the common room. we entered the Great Hall and spoke lightly with others. I nodded my hello to Fred and George from afar before Draco steered me away to greet some Slytherin.

The band called everyone’s attention to the doors. The champions were entering the room. I noted with glee as Hermione entered on the arm of Victor Krum. She looked so happy while Ron looked slightly less than furious.

Harry entered with one of the Patil twins and I clenched my jaw as they danced together. That should be me! I’M his soulmate, not her! But I was sidelined because he didn’t know.

What if he never knew? What if I was forced to love him forever while he didn’t realize what we were to each other?

“would you like to dance?” Draco asked snapping me out of my selfish worries.

I looked up at him, “no thank you”

“it might make Potter jealous” he said and I widened my eyes.

I looked away quickly, “why would I care what Harry thinks?” I asked biting my lip and he laughed.

“you think I don’t see the way you look at him?” he asked, leading me to the dance floor. “you are in love with him”

I looked at him and sighed, “im that transparent huh?”

“how long?” he asked as we started to dance.

“since that day I fainted” I said, “he doesn’t know”

“then tell him” Draco said, “if you love someone you have to tell them that”

I shock my head, “what if he runs away?” he sighed as we twirled around. dancing with Draco was like gliding on air. Simple, effortless, and breathtaking.

“I don’t know if Harry will run…” he said and I looked at him in surprise. He’s never called him Harry before. “…but if he does he’s a fool. There is no one like you Emily” I blushed slightly and looked away.

“may I cut in?” a familiar voice asked and I turned to see Fred standing there.

“its her decision Weasley” Draco said looking away, “ask her” Fred’s eyes hadn’t move from mine. I bit my lip but nodded and took his out stretched hand.

Dancing with Fred was different than Draco. Fred was clumsy and stepped on my foot a few times, but it also felt different. Witch Draco it was light, easy. There was more between Fred and I, more history.

“you look amazing” he said, his gaze not meeting mine.

“you look…” I trailed off eyeing his dress robes, “…like a molding banana”

“hey” he protested looking down at himself, “do not”

“actually you do” I grimaced, “how old are those?”

He laughed, “old as dirt.” I laughed and his face slowly became very serious. “I still love you Emily” he said and I stopped dancing abruptly.

“Fred…” I trailed off before turning to leave.

“wait!” he said quickly grabbing my hand, “let me finish”

“Fred, you know it cant work!” I hissed stepping in close. “you know-“

“yes I know” he said silencing me. “but I figure I’d rather be in second place than not be in the race at all” I shock my head and blinked back fanatic tears. Around us students stared and whispered. We were the center of attention.

“Emily?” Draco and Harry said pushing their way threw the crowd.

“Fred what are you doing?” Harry asked

“Emily” Fred said gently, “please”

I shook my head again and turned back to look at him, him who was my savior all those years. He was such a big part of my life and I loved him, for being there when ever I needed it, but it wasn’t the way he wanted me to love him.

“let me go Fred” I said quietly, my sentence carrying a double meaning. “you have to let me go” He looked at me as it finally hit him. It was over, completely and totally over.