Status: Complete. :(

I Need You, Just Like You Need Me.

I Guess I Should Of Seen This Coming.

Rory's POV-

John was next to me when I woke. 
Everyhing that happened yesterday came back to my memory. I can't believe I went to the hospital. The thought of that place makes my skin crawl. If they would have seen my cuts, I would be stuck there. I never wanted to go there, and I never want to go back.

 How did I even get there in the first place? Then I remembered... John. 

He took me there, after I hit my head. After we... Kissed. Gosh, why did we kiss, again? 

I swung my feet of the bed, and rubbed my temples. I brought my body off the bed, and walked to the mirror. Quickly I glance at the mirror, but I turn away just as quick. I looked terrible. I have no makeup on, and I basically look like I'm dead. So I head to the door, but before I leave I look back at John. He was still fast asleep. Leaving him there, makes me feel kind of bad. But I hate the awkward moment when we both wake up together. 

I went downstairs, and made some coffee. I could use the caffeine right now. While I start to pour my coffee, Garrett walks in. "Hey Rory." He says, startling me. I jump and spill some of the steaming hot coffee on my hand. Going off instinct, I let out a high scream. Garrett darts over to me, and takes my arm. He brings me over to the sink, and runs cool water over my hand. I close my eyes at the sting. "I'm sorry Rory. I didn't mean to scare you." Garrett apologizes. 

"I-it's fine." I breathe. 

Then John runs to the rescue, of course. "What's going on?" He demands. 

"Rory spilt some coffee on herself. Because I scared her." Garrett informs.

"Nice going Garrett." John scolds, and rills his eyes.  "Rory are you okay?" He asks, placing his hand on my back. "Yeah, I'm fine." I reply. 

"Thank god." John whispers, and kisses the side of my head. That made me tense up a bit.

"We don't need to take you to the hospital again, do we?" Garrett jokes, but I didn't find that funny. "No." I respond, flatly.

"Why don't you just sit down, and we'll bring you your coffee." John says, walking me over the couch. I sit down and cross my arms against my chest. I hide my arms, I don't need anymore unwanted attention towards them. John goes back to the kitchen, and Garrett sits down next to me. "How ya doing?" He asks, making his eyebrows knit together.

"I'm good." I quietly reply.

"I'm sorry I startled you. I feel like shit about it." Garrett whines.

"Garrett, It's okay really. I'm fine, it's not that big of a deal. So don't feel like shit." I plead. 

"Okay, but I'll make it up to you." Garrett smiles, and leans back on the couch.
 
"Whatever, Garrett." I laugh. Then John reenters the room, holding a cup of coffee. "Here you go, Rory." John says, setting the cup on the table in front of me. "Thank you." I noted, but refused to make eye contact with him. John sat down next to me, and folded his hands. Then John leaned over to me and whispers,  "Can we talk?"

I was kind of scared to reply. Because I knew exactly what he wanted to talk about. I peeked over at him, nervously, and nodded. Then he came back him, "Alone?"

I bit my lip, and turned away from him. I knew we had to talk about what was going on between us, but I just didn't want to do it right now. "Can I drink my coffee first?" I ask John, hopefully.  He smiles and nods. I pick up my coffee cup, and take a small sip. Then Garrett stands up.  "Well, I'm going to go take a shower." He announces, then walks away. Leaving me alone with John, just what I was afraid of. 

After a couple minutes of an awkward silence, John trys breaks the ice. "So, how's that coffee coming?"

I put my coffee cup down, and sat still. Maybe if I don't move John will forget I'm here. "Rory?" John repeated. Okay well my plan didn't work, so I'm just going to have to face it. "Yes?" 

John answered, "Are you ready to talk?" 

"I guess so." I mumbled.

"Okay, well I guess I'll start." John says. "So we kissed again, and we need to figure out where that leaves us." 

I close my eyes, and pinch the bridge of my nose. Then I found Johns hand wrap around me, and he whispers, "Are you okay?" 

I turn towards him and smile reassuringly. Then John leans his forehead against mine. I stare into his eyes, and he smiles. Suddenly John starts to move in closer. 

Oh dear god, it's going to happen again. We are going to kiss. 

But just before our lips touch, I jump up. I stand up, and turn away from him. My hand reaches up, and hiding my face. That wasn't the right thing to do. I didn't want to kiss him, but I didn't want to tell him like that. 

"Rory, I'm confused." John says, standing up, and walking over to me. 

"I'm not." I state, and face him. "John, I care about you so much. But just not like t-that." 

John face drops, and he tucks his hands in his pockets. He also resisted any eye contact with me. "Oh." Was all he said. 

"I'm sorry. I don't know if you wanted something more, b-but I don't." I confessed. Then John looks me in the eye, "It's fine, I just want us to be friends." John says, and takes my hands. "I care about you to. I think I just got caught in the moment."

"It's okay, so everythings alright now?" I ask with a smile. 

"Perfect." John smiles, and pulls me in to a hug. 

-----
*Johns  POV-

Perfect... Everything is just perfect. 

But that is a lie. 

I'll do whatever makes Rory happy. Even if that's putting my feeling for her aside, and being 'just friends'. Of course I wanted to be much more than that, but she doesn't. And she's made that very clear just now. 

So For now, I'll just grin and bare it. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments and Subscribes!!!! :D

I already have the next couple chapters done. So they should be up soon!

Thanks for reading! :)