Status: Complete. :(

I Need You, Just Like You Need Me.

I Got My Mindset On You.

*Rory's POV-

Tonight's the big night, my date with Joey. 

I felt like was going to get sick, at any second. But that wasn't even possible, there was nothing left in my stomach. I was basically empty.

While I attempted to do my eyeliner, my hands shook. My nerves were getting the best of me. At this point I would usually call, and cancel. But something in me said not to. 

To avoid my fears, I went  in to my bathroom. I opened up the cupboard, and pulled out an orange pill bottle. I threw a couple pain killers in my mouth, followed by a small sip of water. I avoided the mirror, and went back in to my room. 

I searched through my closet for something half-way decent to wear. I was suppose to dress up, but I had a lack of nice clothes,  After I completely destroyed my closet, I found a dress. I grabbed a pair of my tights, and slid them on. I pulled my dress on, over my head. 
I glanced over at the clock, and noticed I was running out of time.

I sat in a tiny chair,  in front of my mirror. As  I finished up blending in my makeup. I reached for the tube of light pink lipstick, then smeared it on my lips. I set the tube back down, and stood  up.

I was finished getting ready, so I headed  downstairs. As I gave myself one last check in the mirror, there was a knock at the door. I open the door, and standing there was John.  "What are you doing here?" I ask. 

"We have plans to go to the movies tonight, remember?" John replied.

"Oh my gosh, that was tonight." I exclaimed, rubbing my temples.

"You forgot?" John said, while he walked into to the house. "And you have other plans now?"

"Yeah, with Joey." I murmured. 

John shook his head slightly, before speaking. "Oh, well, I guess go out. We can always do it another time."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, have fun." John smiles.

"I can cancel, if you want." I uttered. 

"No, really go." John smiles again, coming off extremely forced. 

"Thanks John... We'll go to the movies soon." I reasure. 

"Sounds good."  

I turn to the mirror, and rub out the wrinkles in my floral dress.

"I like your dress." John mumbles. 

I Froze, then squeezed my eyes shut, and turned towards him.  It had slipped my mind, that this is the dress John bought me. 

"Thanks."  I bit my lip. 

"You look beautiful. Joeys very lucky." John smiles, as he tucks my hair behind my ear.

I felt terrible, like someone just ran me over with their car. I could feel the tears beginning to soak my eyes. I did everything I could to force them back. 

Quickly, I turned away, and sniffled. "I'm going to be late, so I'll talk to you later." I said, as I grabbed my coat. I opened the door, "Bye John." 

"Bye." He mumbles, as I walk out the door. 

•••
Johns POV-

"Wouldn't want to keep Joey waiting." l snickered to myself.

I was alone.

Rory left me for Joey. I wasn't sure why this hurt me so bad.  Maybe it was that she forgot about our plans? Or maybe it was the fact she rather be with Joey than me? Whatever it was it made me feel like shit. 

"John?" A voice questioned? "What  are you doing here?"

"Oh, hey Garrett." I said, while I rubbed my chin. "I was suppose to hang out with Rory... But she had other plans." 

"Oh, sorry man. Well, now you can hang out with me." Garrett said, smiling. 

 "Yeah," I laughed. "We should get the guys and all go out. We haven't done that in a while."

"That would be rad, I'll call the guys." He nodded,as he pulled his phone, out of his pocket.

•••
"I'll take another." I told the bar tender, as I slid my empty beer bottle over to him. 

"No slowing you down, huh?" Kennedy teased, as he took a sip of his drink. 

"Nope." I laughed. "Why stop a good thing?"

Kennedy squinted his eyes at me. "Is something wrong?"

I reached for my new beer, and took  a sip. I swished it around my mouth, tasting the bitterness, that I've grown to adore. I shook my head, in response to Kennedy's question. "I'm fine."  

"Are you sure?" Kennedy sighed.

"Yeah, man. Everything's fine." 

"I know you don't like to talk about your problems. But you know Im all ears, if you decide you want to talk." Kennedy informed me, while he patted me on the back. 

"Maybe ask me after a couple more drinks." I laughed, taking another sip.

After a little while, I found myself alone at the bar. I glanced over at Kennedy, he was talking with Jared. I had been thinking about things, and maybe I should talk to Kennedy. He would be the best person to tell, about my feelings for Rory.  I couldn't tell Pat, everyone knows Pat can't keep a secret. 

Kennedy looked over at me, I gave him a half smile. He began to walk over. "Ready to talk now?" He asked, leaning against the bar.

I nodded, and quickly downed the rest of my beer. 

•••

Rory's POV-

"Wow, Rory, you look great." Joey gushed, as he pulled a chair out for me. 

"Thanks." I blushed, sitting down.

"Im glad, you agreed to going out." Joey smiled, sitting down across from me. "I'd really like to get to know you better."

"I'd like to get to know you to." 

 Joey reached over, taking my hand. "Do you want to start?"

I shook my head, "No, go ahead."

"Um okay,  when was your last relationship?" He asked, sounding a bit nervous.

"Uh, in high school, but it wasn't that serious. I never really had a serious relationship." I shrugged. "What about you?"

"My last relationship was about six months ago." He nods. "It was actually pretty serious, we dated for five years."

My eyes widened. "Five years, really? Why did you guys break up?"

"She cheated on me." He sighed. "And lied about it. I could be with someone I couldn't trust, you know."

"Yeah." I nodded. 

"Well, anyways. What do you do for a living?" He asked, as he began smiling again.

"Um, I don't really have a job. I work with my friends band a lot, though. Like, I man the merch table... But I would like to go to school." I informed him, then started playing with my necklace, nervously. 

"Wow, really?" He said, raising his eyebrows.  "What band?"

"The Maine... They're my best friends." I smirk, thinking about them.

"Very cool, so tell me about your friends." He insisted, resting his his hand under his chin.

"Well, the guys are really my only friends. I've known them my whole life. I live with my friend Garrett..."

"Oh, you live with them?" He interrupts.

"Just Garrett, but the guys stay over, sometimes."

"Is he the one who was with you at the record store?" 

"No, that was John." I tell Joey.

"And they are just your friends?" Joey questions. "I just want to know, for sure; that nothing is going on between you and any of them." 

I looked away, and looked around the room. Nothing ever went on between me and the guys. Except for John. I guess we kind of had a thing... But it didn't really count. I looked back at Joey, and said, "Nothing is going with any of them."

Joey smiled, and let a breath out. "Good to know."

•••
John's POV-

"So, you really like Rory..." Kennedy repeated, looking at me.

"Yeah, I do." I said, more confidently than before. 

"How long have you liked her?"

I shrugged, "I don't know. For a little while, I guess." 

"Does she have any idea?" 

"I dont think so... I mean we've kissed a coup-" I was cut off by shocked  Kennedy. "You guys kissed? When?" He shouted.

"At Harlow's wedding,then again when we got home." I said, while I ran my hands through my hair. "But we talked about the kiss, and she told me, she didn't like me in that way."

Kennedy stayed silent, and was shaking his head, back and forth.

"We were suppose to go to the movies tonight. But she went out, with this guy she met at the record store... Joey." I mumbled, bitterly.

"I'm sorry, man." Kennedy related, as he placed his hand on my shoulder. "That has to suck, since you see her almost everyday. I know that didn't help, but I think you should tell her. I think she should know how you feel."

"She just won't ever feel the same way." I complained, as I slumped over the bar.

Kennedy shook his head, "You don't know that."

I turned towards Kennedy, "Look, I'm happy to get this all off my chest, but you can't tell anyone."

"I won't, I promise. You can trust me, John." Kennedy said reassuringly. 

•••
Rory's POV-

"I had a great time tonight." Joey said, as he walked me to my door.

I smiled, and blushed. Tonight was like a movie, It really was.  I don't think tonight could have gone any better. 

 "I hope you'll want to go out with me again." He laughed.

"Of course I would." I nodded. "Tonight was... Perfect." 

He didn't say anything. 

I felt my face start to burn. That was too much, to soon. I freaked him out...  I'm good at that.

I looked down, and bit my lip. Joey put his hand in my chin, bring me to look at him. He was smiling, and shaking his head. "You're cute when you're blushing." He said, before leaning in and kissing me. 

For the record, I don't usually kiss on the first date... Well this doesn't happen a lot, I don't usually get asked out. But I suppose Joey was the exception. 

When we pulled away, we both smiled. I steppes back, and said, "Thanks for a fun night." Before I opened the front door, and stepped inside.

I quietly  closed the door, and flicked the light on.I took my coat off, and hung it on the rack, by the door. 

I looked over at the couch. Sprawled out across the couch was John. Sitting on the floor next to him, was a bowl. When he would get really drunk, we always put one next to him. Just incase he needed to throw up, and couldn't make it to the bathroom. 

He was really out, his eyes were closed, and lips slightly parted. He had one hand on his chest, and the other hanging off the side of the couch. I walked over to the chair next the couch and grabbed a blanket. I went over to John, and draped it over him. He stayed the same, not moving at all. He just let quiet snores slip out. I rolled my eyes at him, with a smile, before heading up to my room.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is way overdue, sorry about that. This chapter jumps around a lot. I just wanted to give the views of Rory and John.

So what do you guys think about Joey?

Thanks for the comments and subscribes!!! Seriously your comments are amazing, they keep me writing and I love reading what you guys think! Also, we are sooo close to 100 subscribes, I can't believe it.

Thanks for sticking with me and reading! <3