Status: Complete. :(

I Need You, Just Like You Need Me.

I Cant Keep Up, Always Playing Catch Up.

Rory’s POV-

I woke up with John; my body clung to his. As my head mocks the movement of John's chest, I could feel his faint breath brush against my forehead. A small smile played on my lips. I realized I blew off Joey to stay with John, but I didn't really care. John meant more to me than Joey did, anyways.

I wasn't tired anymore, but I didn't want to get up.

I loved waking up with John.

His arms wrapped around my waist, and he rested his lips, against my forehead. I opened my eyes, and looked up at John. His eyes slowly opened, meeting mine. His thin lips curled up into a small smile. “Hey.” He whispered.

“Hi.” I smirked.

“Good morning.” John groaned, as he stretched his arms. “Can we just not get up today?”

“That would be nice.” I agreed, moving closer to his chest. John’s arms were back around me, and I closed my eyes again.

Then my phone starts to ring. I sat up and reached for my phone. "Ugh, it's Harlow."

"Why don't you answer it, and I'll go make you some coffee." John suggested, swinging his legs of the bed. He grabbed his shirt off the floor, as I accepted the call.

"Hello." I said, while John came around the bed, and placed a kiss on my forehead.

"Hey, baby sister!" Harlow exclaimed in to the phone.

"Hey Harlow." I rolled my eyes. "What's up?"

"Stephen and I are actually on our way to visit you."

"You are?"

"Surprise!" She shouted. "I hope you don't mind, I just missed you."

"Oh, no. I don't mind, I've missed you guys too."

"Good. Tell the guys; we are going to go out tonight. " Harlow proclaimed.

I sighed, "Yeah, I'll tell them."

"Well, I'll see you in an hour, or so. Love you dear."

"Love you too, Harlow." I said, before I hung up.

I put my phone back down, on the nightstand, and then stood up. I grabbed my sweatshirt, from my closet, and yanked it over my head. I started down the stairs, and found the boys in the living room.

"Guys, Harlow and Stephen are coming over. She wants us to go out." I announced, walking in to the room.

"Sweet, I haven't seen Stephen in forever." Kennedy proclaimed, sitting up on the couch.

"Rory, are you going to invite your little boy toy, Joey." Pat teased, batting his eyelashes.

I overheard John sighing, audibly.

"Uh, I don't know, maybe." I mumbled, nervously.

"I'm sure Harlow is dying to meet him." Garrett chimes in.

"Well, she doesn't know yet. I haven't told her." I said, pulling on my sleeve.

"Oh god, when she finds out..." Garrett chuckles, shaking her head.

"I know, she is going to make a huge deal out of it." I sighed, plopping down on the couch.

"She lives for this stuff." Jared laughed, rubbing his chin. "Good luck, Rory."

"Thanks." I muttered, twirling my thumbs.

“Oh, Rory.” Garrett called to me. “There are a lot of dishes in the sink, and it is your turn to clean them.”

“No way.” I defended. “I didn’t even use any of them, you guys did. You clean them.”

Garrett shrugged, “Nah, it is your turn. You can’t screw up the system.”

“Ugh,” I groaned, annoyed. “Fine.” I got up, off the couch, and went it to the kitchen.

***

As I was placing the last plate in the cupboard, there was feverish knocking at the front door. I grabbed the towel, and dried my hands. I threw it back on the counter, and walked to the door. I slowly opened it, pacing myself, for Harlow's reaction.

I opened the door wide, Harlow stood there, with her arms out, and a huge smile on her lips. "Rory!" She screamed, forcing me into her hug. "It has been way too long."

"Yeah, it has." I replied, finally breaking free from her clutches. "Come in."

Harlow and Stephen stepped inside, putting their bags down. "Hey guys." Harlow waved. "Ready to go out, tonight?"

"Definitely." Garrett added.

"Sweet, we're going to find Rory a man." Harlow stated, nudging me.

The boys all let out a laugh, while I turned bright red.

Harlow turned to me, putting her hands in her hips. "What is so funny?" She asked.

"Rory already has a man." Kennedy snapped his fingers, trying be all sassy.

I glared at Kennedy, all he did was smile. I pretended like no one could see me, like I was invisible. But that didn't work for long, Harlow stepped in front of me, and said, "What, you have a boyfriend and you didn't tell?"

"Y-you didn't ask." I mumbled, staring at my feet.

"Are you kidding me?" She demanded.

"Sorry." Was all I could say.

"Well, I better meet him tonight."

I pulled on the hem of my sweatshirt, as I spoke. "Okay, I guess I'll invite him."

"Great." Harlow clapped. "I can't wait to meet him."

***

I stood at a high top table, with Harlow, while the guys wandered around the bar. I nervously picked at my purple nail polish; trying to get all the thoughts that are running through my head to stop, just for one night. Before I could get the chance to runway from it all, Joey walked in. His eyes skimmed around the bar, until his eyes met mine. He waved and started walking over to us.

"Oh my gosh, is that him?" Harlow questioned turning to me.

"Yeah." I mumbled back.

"Oh, he is so cute!"

Joey came up to the table, with a smile. "Hey Rory."

"Hey." I smiled back. "Uh, this is my older sister, Harlow."

"Nice to meet you." Joey said, shaking Harlow's hand.

"You as well."

After a couple minutes, Joey said, "I'm going to go get a drink, do you want anything?" We both replied no, before he went over to the bar.

"Well, he is just adorable." Harlow gushed, winking at me.

I just smiled awkwardly, looking down. When I had the courage to look up, I noticed John, walking over.

"John!" Harlow yelled. "Come talk with us." She added, motioning him over.

"What's up?" John half-smiled.

“I just met Rory’s lover!” Harlow exclaimed.

John bit his lip, at Harlow’s words. He slowly nodded his head, while staring at the ground.

“Something wrong, John?” Harlow asked him, placing her hand on his shoulder. He glanced up at her, and shook his head. “No, I’m fine. I’m just going to go get another beer.”

“Okay, don’t drink too much now.” Harlow ranted.

He laughed awkwardly, and went over to the bar.

“Uh, I’m going go use the bathroom. I’ll be back in a minute.” I informed Harlow. She nodded, so I started to head to the ladies bathroom. As I was passing by the bar, I overheard John talking to Joey.

"Rory is a sweet girl. And if you fucking hurt her, I promise you, I will hurt you." John scolded, looking down at Joey, with anger in his eyes.

***

Harlow was pretty wasted, so I drove her back to the house early; letting the guys have their fun.

I set Harlow up in the guest room; leaving her to sleep. I changed my clothes, and went into the living room. I curled up on the couch, and turned the TV on. After an hour, or so, I was almost asleep. Then the obnoxious boys stumbled in.

“Hey, R-Rory.” Kennedy slurred, falling down on the couch.

I rubbed my eyes, and got up off the couch. “Extra blankets are in the closet. I’m going to go to bed.” I told them, before stepping up the stairs.

Just as I made it to my room, I heard John’s voice. “Rory, wait up.

I stopped and turned around.

John stood in front of me, smiling. "I uh, thought Joey was going to stay tonight." John questioned, rubbing the back of his neck.

"He was,” I started. “But I don't think it's going to work out between Joey and I."

John’s eyes widened, "Why is that? Did he do something to you?" He asked, stepping closer.

"No, I just don't feel the way I should for him, you know." I stated, peeking up at him.

“Yeah,” He breathed, trying to hide the smile forming on his lips. “You deserve better, anyways.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Im soooo sorry it took me so long to update! Ill try to make it up to you :)

I FINALLY POSTED MY OTHER JOHN OHH FIC! When Im WithYou, Im At Home Ahh, Im so excited about that one, check it out?

Also, Im doing my first co-write with my best friend AhoyyLaneyy; It has The Maine, The Summer Set, and other Arizona bands in it! So, you should go check that out too
Like We Did When We Were Young

And I posted a Niall Horan form One Direction Two Shot here

Thanks for sticking around :)