Status: Complete. :(

I Need You, Just Like You Need Me.

I never got to see you once more, no.

John's POV-

I'm still in shock... I just can't get it through my head that Rory would do that. She always seemed so happy, why would she do this to herself?

"You can see her, now" The nurse told me.

I jumped out of the chair, as fast as I possibly could. Nervously, I opened the door into her room. I walked in, gripping the flowers I bought for her tightly. I found her on the bed, with her eyes closed, and Ivs, and machines hooked up to her. I pinched the bridge of my nose, and walked over to her.

I bit my lip, when I saw her wrists. Both of her wrists had gaze wrapped around them. I walked closer to her setting down the flowers, on the stand to her bed.

I looked at her, and brushed her hair back, while she just laid there still. I pulled up a chair, next to her bed, and sat down. "Rory?"

Her eyes slowly opened, and I greeted, "Hey cutie."

She gave me a quick smile, and she said, "Hi."

"How are you doing?" I asked.

"Um, okay... I guess." She muttered, while she looked around the room.

"I'm so sorry." I told her. "This is all my fault, I am so sorry."

She rolled her eyes at me. "Stop it." She groaned. "This is not your fault."

"It is, though. If I didn't get upset with you, this would not have happened."

"It always has to be about you, doesn't it?" She laughed.

I laughed to, and said, "I'm just really sorry this happened."

"Don't worry about it." She smiled.

"Rory?" Harlow yelled, as she busted into the room. "Oh my gosh, I can't believe this."

Rory sighed; showing very clearly, she did not want to deal with her sister right now.

"Harlow-" I started, while I put my arm on her shoulder.

She shrugged me off her. "What?" She snapped.

"Rory really needs rest, and we shouldn't be shouting."

She raised her eyebrows at me, "Oh, I'm sorry. My little sister is in the hospital, because she almost died, and you're telling me to be quiet?"

I bit my lip, and looked down at my dirty boots. "I was just trying to help." I shrugged. "They want her to stay calm, so we need to be, too."

Kennedy walked over, and placed his arm around my shoulders. "Let's just leave them alone, for a minute." He said, while he led me out of the hospital room.

We stood in the waiting area, with the rest of the guys.

"Did you know?" Garrett asked, from one of the chairs, which lined the wall.

"Yeah," I paused. "I did know."

"Why didn't you tell us?" Kennedy chimed in.

"She didn't want me to tell anyone."

"Well, clearly you should have." Garrett said, standing up from his chair. "Obviously, she needed more help than just you. Maybe she wouldn't be sitting in a hospital bed right now, if she did."

I clenched my fists, and replied, "You're the one who lives with her. Maybe you should have noticed she needed help."

Garrett stepped closer to me; he opened his mouth, ready to yell at me some more, but Jared pushed him back. "Guys, calm down."

Just then a nurse walked over to us. "Excuse me," She said. "If you guys can't keep your voices down, I will have to ask you to leave."

"Sorry." I muttered, pushing my hair back. The nurse smiled nervously, and then walked back down the hall.

I sat in one of the chairs, and let my body skin down. I closed my eyes, and attempted to recollect myself.

Then, the sound of a door swinging open caught my attention. I opened my eyes to find Harlow standing in Rory's door way. Her eyes were fixed on me. I sighed deeply, knowing this will not go well.

Harlow stomped over to me, causing me to push my body upwards in my chair.

"Why are you guys yelling out here?" She asked angrily. "We could here you in there."

Garrett didn't say anything; he just started for Rory's room. Pat and Jared followed after him.

"I can't believe this!" Harlow cried. "My baby sister almost died... And you knew about her problems, and didn't even tell me."

I rubbed my forehead, and stated very calmly, "She didn't want you to know."

"So, you let this happen?"

I stood up from the chair. "I tried to get her help; I took her to therapy." I said. "But we kind of got into a fight-"

Harlow's eyes flickered with anger, as she pushed me, causing me to fall back in to the chairs. "So this is your fault?" She screamed.

I stumbled, but caught myself. I stepped away from her, and said, "Just calm down. She locked herself in the bathroom, and by the time I got the door open, it was too late."

"If it wasn't for you, John, she would be fine right now." Harlow yelled. "I want you to stay away from my sister!" She said, hitting my arm.

"But-" I attempted to speak.

"No," Harlow fired. "Stay away from her!" She stepped away from me, and wiped her eyes.

I stood there awkwardly, frozen. My fists were clenched at my side, while I stared hard at the ground. I gulped, and shook my head, and then Kennedy's arm was around my shoulder once again. "John, she-"

"Save it." I mumbled, walking away from him. I began to roam down the everlasting hallway, which began to twirl all around me. My head felt heavy, as my vision slowly started to blur. The unfamiliarity of tears creeped up in my eyes, but I forced them to stay in.

I slammed in to the door, thrusting it open. The bright sunlight stung, as it met my still watering eyes. I leaned up against the brick wall, next to the door. I gradually let my body slide down, until it met with the ground. My head rolled back, colliding with the wall.

I couldn’t just leave, but how could I stay?
♠ ♠ ♠
So I REALLY loved the comments on the last chapter! They made me smile :)

Sorry this took a while, I kind of got caught up in other things. But I'm on Summer break now, so hopefully I can get around to updating more!

Thank you for the comments, and of course, thanks for reading! :)