Status: Complete. :(

I Need You, Just Like You Need Me.

You have nothing to fear. I'll stay with you, my dear

Rory's POV

All I could hear was the mumbled sound of arguing. It came from outside my room, the waiting area. Johns voice was always included in the arguing.

I felt bad that it ended like this. Because of my stupid mistakes, everyone turned on John. He didn't deserve to get yelled at. He was just trying to help me. He was protecting me.

•••

Harlow once again entered my room. She had a hopeful grin on her lips. When she saw that I was awake, she waved. "Hey, Rory." Harlow said, in a low voice. "How are you feeling?"

I shrugged. "Okay, I guess. I'm pretty bored, though."

She laughed, rolling her eyes. "You're crazy. Well, the doctor said you could leave soon. He wants you to keep going to therapy. And he wants you to come in, for mandatory check ups."

I sighed. I knew this wouldn't be easy. There was always some kind of backlash.

"Where's John?" I asked.

Harlow pursed her lips, and lowered her gaze to the floor. "He-He's not here."

"Where did he go?"

"I'm not sure." She answered. "I don't think he will be back, though."

"Why not?" I asked, feeling my stomach turn. Like I was lost, or alone.

"I told him he couldn’t see you anymore."

"What?" I shouted.

Harlow rested her hand on my shoulder, trying to calm me down. "Rory, please. Look at where you are. You are going through so much, and he wanted to keep it from me. You are better off without him, for now."

"Are you kidding me?" I demanded. I lifted my body up, as far as I could. "I didn't want him to tell you. I need John. Bring him back."

"Rory lay back down. You'll be fine. Just relax."

"No. You had no right to tell him that. He's the only thing that made me feel okay." By this time, tears were building up in my eyes. A few of them slipping out as I spoke. "I just want John."

Harlow sighed, as she rubbed her temples.

"Can you leave me alone, for a little bit?" I asked her, with an edge in my voice.

"I-I'm sorry." She muttered, before she scurried out of the room.

•••

I was fed up with Harlow. I feverishly kicked the blankets off me, watching my feet get tangled in the sheets. Once they were off, I laid back on my pillows. I took in a couple deep breaths, and tried to relax. Just when I found my peaceful place, the door handle turned. The door slowly swept across the floor, opening wide.

"John." I said, smiling as he entered the room.

"Hey." He smirked.

I shot up in my bed. "I'm sorry, about Harlow. I had no idea she would go that insane. She had no right to say that-"

"Rory." John interrupted, with a chuckle. "It's okay." He sat down at the end of the hospital bed. "

"But she’s wrong." I said. "You didn't cause this.

"It's fine, really."

"No, it's not." I sniffed. "John, I really need you." I shifted on the bed, so that I was closer to him. I leaned over and fell in to his chest. His arms locked around my body, keeping me in place.

"I need you to." He replied, before leaving a kiss on my head.

"So, you can't leave. You have to stay with me." I said, pulling back slightly to look in his eyes.

He smiled. And before he even said anything, I knew things would be alright. That everything would heal, and we all could move on. We all could stop worrying. I could feel alright again. Letting the problem that once troubled me, escape. They didn't have any power over me, anymore.

At least for right now.

That was the issue that still lurked overhead. Even though I felt okay right now, things could change. I could relapse, again. And maybe that time, John won't come to rescue me, soon enough. Maybe next time, he wouldn't come at all.

I pushed all those dark thoughts out of my head, when Johns voice rang in my ear. "I'll always be here for you." He promised. "I know you will make it through this. You are so much stronger than this. Rory, I really believe in you."

I nodded. I looked down at his hand, holding mine, tightly.

"Thanks." I whispered. I crawled onto his lap. His arms held me close to him, as I closed my eyes.

He's right. He always is. I'll make it through this. Not because I'm supposedly ”strong,” but because I have him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is so short! I just thought I wanted to touch down on a few things before moving forward.

Also, I loved the comments!

Thanks for reading! :)