Status: Complete. :(

I Need You, Just Like You Need Me.

You are the smell before rain. You are the blood in my veins.

Rory's POV

Harlow apologized to John, for being so harsh. But Harlow insisted on having me stay with her to help with my recovery, but there was no way John, or I would let that happen. She was disappointed, but let me stay home. John basically moved in with Garrett, and me, to be closer to me.

It has been three months since I've been exposed. For those three months, I've been relatively well behaved. I have attended therapy regularly, never missing a session. Although, I have relapsed, I have had my moments of weakness. I purged twice, and cut my wrist once. After I did so, I felt so overwhelmed with regret. I went straight to John, to confess. It was obvious he was disappointed, but he still hasn't given up on me. But that was within the first month, since then I've been 'clean'.

As time has passed, I have opened up a lot. I have started to feel like my old self. The guys got me to go out with them, again. When I attended a few of their shows, I found myself singing along, and almost dancing.

***

Jared entered the house. "Hey, Rory. What's up?" He asked, as he took a seat across from me.

"Nothing really." I smiled. "How are you?"

"Good-" He began. "Well, you see I got this date."

"Oh really?" I teased.

"Yeah. Well, it's a double date. The girl I'm going with is bringing her friend. I’m suppose to find a girl to take, for him. And you're single, so I thought maybe..."

"Um, I would love to help you Jared, but I don't know."

"Please, Rory. If you absolutely hate him, then you can ditch. Please?" Jared begged.

I rolled my eyes. "Okay, I'll go."

"Thank you, so much. I owe you one."

"Yeah, you do."

"Oh, and it's tonight."

My mouth fell open, "Seriously?"

"Sorry, I'll buy you a new record player." He bargained.

I took a deep breath, and laughed. "Yeah, you will."

•••
Later on, I was in my room, throwing clothes everywhere. I couldn't decide on what would be appropriate for tonight. As I tried on clothes, I felt a bit self-conscious. I tried so hard to fight back those old feelings. I couldn't let everyone down again. I took in a deep breath, and reached in the back of my closet, pulling out a dress. It was the dress John had bought for me, with little flowers all over it. I smiled to myself, holding the dress against my body. I watched myself in the mirror, when there was a knock at the door.

"Come in." I said, folding up the dress in my arms.

The door opened, and Johns walked in. "Hey." He smiled, glancing down at the dress. "I remember that dress. Are you going out, or something?"

"Kind of. I'm going with Jared on a double date, tonight."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Do you know who he is?"

"No. It's a surprise, I guess."

John sat down on my bed, moving clothes over to make room. "Well, that's cool." He mumbled. "Be careful, okay?"

"Of course." I replied, sitting down next to him. "It will be fine. I probably won't like him; he probably won't like me. It will be very awkward, but Jared will be happy."

John laughed, rubbing his chin. "Good. I don’t want you liking any boys that I don’t approve of."

•••

Jared and I showed up at the restaurant twenty minutes before seven.

"Why are we here so early, Jared?" I asked, while I tucked my hands in my pockets.

"I didn't want to be late."

"I mean, five minutes before would have been just fine."

"Just relax." He laughed. "We can get a drink, before they show up."

"I might need one."

"You never know, you might end up really liking this guy."

I rolled my eyes at him. "Jared, you're crazy. I love you, but there is just no way."

"Come on, let's go to the bar."

•••

As I finished my first drink, Jared smacked my arm. "That's them." He said.

Jared's girl was pretty, looked like someone he would like. Then there was my date. He had short black hair up, but had bangs that fell in his eyes. He had plugs in his ears, which I didn't mind. He was dressed in all black, except his bright white, studded belt. He was cute, but personality is key.

They walked over to us, the girl hugging Jared. "Rory, this is Abby." He introduced.

The girl with short blonde hair, smiled. "Hi, Rory. It's so nice to meet you." She said, shaking my hand. "Rory, this is Ronnie."

The boy stuck out his hand, and smiled a little. "Hey." He said.

"Hi, Uh, nice to meet you."

"Same." He said back to me.

"Why don't we don't we go sit down." Jared said, leading us to the back of the restaurant/bar.

•••

We all made small talk, to break the ice, and get to know each other. Abby was really nice and polite. Ronnie on the other hand, was very ill mannered. Maybe I was being picky, but there was so much that bothered me. He kept drinking out of my glass, putting his hands in his mouth, and then touching me. Also, he likes to badmouth everyone who walked by. Unless they were "hot", then he would let the table know when a "hot chick walked by.

I think it's safe to say, that this date isn't going to go anywhere. Jared knew I was unhappy. Whenever we made eye contact, he would smile sympathetically. I was ready to throw in the towel, all together, when someone caught my eye at the bar. I had to do a double take, but my eyes did not deceive me. John was here, at the bar.

I started to laugh, getting a strange look from Ronnie. "Is there something wrong with you?" He asked.

I shook my head, and said, "I'll be right back." I stood up from the table, and headed to the bar. There was an open seat next to John. I hopped up on the stool, and tapped his shoulder. He slowly spun around to face me. When he saw it was I, he almost fell off the stool. "Rory," He gasped. "What are you doing here?"

"I had a date, remember?" I smirked. "What are you doing here?"

"Uh, I needed a drink."

I looked at the bar, and saw a glass Pepsi bottle in front of him. "Pepsi?"

He sighed, and ran his fingers through his hair. "Okay, you caught me. I came to spy on your date." He confessed.

"Why?" I laughed. "John, you are so crazy."

"Sorry. I just wanted to make sure everything was going okay. I don't know him, so I don't trust him with you."

"John," I paused. "I'm so glad you're here."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"How was your date going?" He asked, with a smug smile.

"I was miserable." I confessed, dropping my head into my hands.

"Looked like it." He laughed, pulling my hand away from my face. "Why would you agree to this?"

"Jared needed me, but this has been my first, and my last blind date." I announced.

"Good." He smiled. "Want to dance?"

"John, you know I hate dancing."

"Well, it's either me, or him." John said, glancing over at Ronnie, who was biting his nails.

"Okay, let's dance." I declared, while I pulled him to the dance floor.

John locked his arms around my waist, and smiled down at me. “Do you think your date is jealous?”

“I doubt it.” I shrugged.

John rolled his eyes. “He’s probably pissed you’re not dancing with him, and that he blew his shot with the most beautiful girl in the room.” He paused. “Not just the room, but the state, the country, the universe.” He continued.”

“John, stop it.” I said, as I felt the pink rise in my cheeks. “You’re too sweet to me.”

“No,” He shook his head. “I’m honest with you.” John dropped his head down, and his face flushed with nerves.

“What’s wrong?” I asked him, as he lifted his eyes to meet my gaze.

“Well, I haven’t been completely honest with you.”

My eyebrows furrowed together, as he pulled me closer to his body. “I really need to confess something.” He looked me dead in the eyes, and bit his lip. “Rory, I’m really in love with you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, John dropped a bombshell, huh!? Thoughts?

So I have been putting a lot of thought in to how much longer Ill be writing this fic. I have another idea that I could add to the drama, but still unsure if I should add it, or not. Either way, there is at least 4 more chapters! I hope you guys stick around. You all are so lovely!

Thank you for the comments, subscribes, and just for reading! :)