Status: Complete. :(

I Need You, Just Like You Need Me.

I want you forever, forever and always.

Rory's POV-

My jaw hung open. I was speechless.

"You love me?" I repeated.

He nodded. "Yeah. I have for a while. I just didn't when, or if I should tell you."

He looked nervously in to my eyes, as my lips flipped up in to a smile. "John," I said. "I-I love you to." I felt my eyes begin to water, as I spoke.

"Seriously?" He gasped. He leaned down, and placed his forehead on mine. "Fuck, I've always had a crush on you." He chuckled a little.

"I put you through so much." I said. "You've seen me at my worst, how could you still love me?"

"The things that have happened made me think, you might need me/I], as much as I need you."

"You don't need me, though."

"I do." He said. "You may not think that, but I really do need you. You hold me together, and keep me from cracking. And simply, you make me happy."

I pushed myself closer to him, making sure there was nothing between us.

"You may be a handful at times, but I like that. You keep me busy." He stated, locking his arms tighter around me.

"How long have you," I paused. "loved me?" I asked, letting a smile stay on my lips.

"When it stopped being a crush, and I knew I loved you, it was about year and a half ago. Maybe more." He told me, while he rested his head on mine.

"Wow." I breathed. "That's a long time, John. I can't believe you haven't told me."

"You said you love me too, when did you realize it?" He asked, almost like, he was scared to ask.

I took a breath. "You were always there for me. No matter how stupid I was, you always helped me through it. But to be exact, I knew I loved you when you bought me that dress." I said. "The one with the flowers. When I tried it on, you told me I looked beautiful. And, I don't know, just the w-way that you said it." I stopped, because I could feel the warm tears finally slip out. I pulled one of my hands away from John, and wiped my eyes, quickly. "You almost made me believe it... And of course, you saved my life, John."

He saw that I started to cry, and helped me wipe away my tears. "Don't cry, Rory." He whispered.

"I wouldn't be here, if it wasn't for you." I said. "I love you. I really do." And with that said I jumped up to kiss him.

Something changed in me this past year. A lot of things happened, good, and bad. I made mistakes, and without Johns help I would never have learned how to get better. He had so much faith in me, like he knew I was worth something, even when I didn't. And at this moment, taking this leap of courage, to jump up and kiss John, I knew I had to go through all of this to fully understand my own worth.

•••

John and I continued to sway to the music, on the dance floor. I didn't really know how much time was going by, until I heard someone next to us. It was Ronnie, clearing his throat. I took a step back from John, and looked over at Ronnie. I felt a little guilty, for ditching him.

"Hi." He said. "I didn't know if I should interrupt, or not. Jared told me to just let you guys have your moment."

"I'm sorry, about leaving you." I apologized. "And for, you know, being with someone else."

"It's okay. I can see you go better with him, than you would with me." Ronnie shared, with a slight smile. "Well, I'm going to take off. Good luck you guys."

"Thanks." John said, shaking Ronnie's hand.

Ronnie nodded, and then headed for the door. Just as Ronnie left, Jared and Abby were on their way to us. Jared had a smile on his face, as he shook his head. "Well, it's about time." He announced. "I was worried no one was going to take the first step. I'm glad to see you finally did."

•••

Jared drove Abby home, and I drove home with John. As John, and I walked up to my house, we saw Kennedy's car, which meant Pat must be here to. John grabbed my hand, pulling it up to his lips, and leaving a kiss on it. I opened the front door, and stepped inside. Garrett, Pat, and Kennedy were planted on the couch, staring at the TV screen. John walked in after me, still gripping my hand.

"Hey guys." Pat greeted.

"Rory, your favorite-" Kennedy stopped. His eyes trailed down to John’s hand wrapped around mine. Kennedy laughed, and then smiled up at us. "It happened? It finally happened?" He asked.

"Yeah." John said. "I told her that I loved her."

"What?" Garrett and Pat gasped.

"Rory, I knew he liked you." Kennedy exclaimed. "He told me a couple months ago."

"You know, it makes so much sense now." Garrett added. "One time John asked if Rory and I had a thing. It's because he liked her." Garrett laughed, and then leaned back on the couch, with a smile.

"You guys are embarrassing me." John said, looking down, as he rubbed the back of his neck. I pulled on John’s hand, and smiled at him, when he peeked down at me.

"Wait," Pat said. "What happened to your blind date, Rory?

"Uh, it wasn't going to work." I said. "Especially because John showed up to spy on the date."

"You went to spy on her?" Pat questioned, laughing, but shaking his head.

"Okay, enough with the questions. Let me and Rory breath." John said, pulling me out to the porch.

We sat down on the front steps, still holding hands. The sky was pink and orange; the blue had already faded away. The peaceful Arizona air all around us, as we sat close together.

"So, after everything today," John began. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

I laughed at this, like he really had to ask. "Let me think about." I teased. "Yes, I want nothing else, but to be your girlfriend."

John smiled, nodding his head, happily. He leaned in resting his forehead on mine, looking in to my eyes. "If you really want to be with me, you have to be all in. I don't want a little, I want all of you. I need you, for the long run."

I pushed forward a bit, to connect our lips. "I'll give you all of me. I'm in it for the long run, I swear."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! So I decided to not go with my other idea. Sadly, there will only be one more chapter :( I really loved writing this story, and I'm happy you guys did to!

I have been working on (3) other fics, with John. I cant seem to write about anyone, but him! I made a theme for one of them, and I will be posting the other two soon. I would really, really, really love if you could subscribe to them, and check them out. The two are pretty sad, though. Heres the link to one of them Thinking Of You
Please check it out :D

Okay, well, Thanks for reading :)