Status: Complete. :(

I Need You, Just Like You Need Me.

If I Hope To Survive, I Must Think Faster.

*Rory's POV:

It was the second day at the lake, Harlow and I just returned back to the house. We had to do some wedding errands. It was just about a week till her big day.  We went and picked up her dress. It was gorgeous, bright white, poofy, fitted up top, and drenched in sparkles, she had extravagant taste. We walk into her house, it was still and quiet. All the boys were outside, lounging on the patio.  After putting Harlow's dress in safe keeping, we go outside joining them. 

Harlow sits down right next to Stephen.  "Hows the wedding planning going babe?" Stephen asked, kissing her cheek. 

"Great, we should get married tomorrow. I don't want to wait."

"I'd marry you right now." He said, as they exchange love struck smiles.

This is making me sick.

"Get a room." Kennedy laughed out.

They rolled their eyes at him, still smiling.

"So, I was thinking, we should have a Bon fire to tonight." Stephen said, changing the subject.

"Yeah, that be rad." Jared replied.

"Awesome, I'll go find some fire wood." Stephen said, excusing himself. Jared and Garrett went to help him. 

•••
Later that night, everyone was crowded by the fire. I joined the 'party' late. As I walk over,  Harlow shouted, "Look who decided to come out."

I waved, awkwardly. I sat in the chair in between, Harlow and Jared. 

"She's here, now can we make s'mores?" Pat whined.

"Yes, we can." Harlow grabbed a small box plastic box of the table. It was filled with everything you would need for s'mores. Stephen passed around sticks, for the marshmallow. I held on to mine, I didn't want a s'more. Garrett looked over at me, "Rory, what are you doing? Aren't you going to make one?"

"Nah, I'm not a fan of s'mores."

"Who doesn't like s'mores?" Pat asked, in shock.

"You have to make one, it's a bonfire tradition." Garrett said. 

"Fine." I said, giving in. "I'll wait until someones done."

Once everyone except, John, and Kennedy were down, I walked over to the fire. I stood next to John, he was still trying to get his marshmallow perfect. My hand gripped the stick, holding it pretty far in to the fire pit.I watched the flames, they were fairly close to my hand. I could feel the heat brush  against my skin. The fire crackled,  sending a flame up. I snapped out of my thoughts, when I felt the stinging pain of the flame against my hand. I quickly pull my hand away, dropping my marshmallow. Everyone gasped, John grabbed my other arm, and pulled me towards the house. 

 I was in state of shock, I could only feel the intense burn sent through my hand. Johns voice brought me back to reality, "Rory? Rory, answer me!" 

I blinked my eyes then spoke, "W-what?"

He rubbed a cold, lotion like liquid on my hand, It stung a lot. "How's it feel?"

"Terrible."

"Weren't you paying attention?" He asked me, in a dumfounded voice.

I was sitting on the edge of the bathtub, as John washed his hands. 
"I guess I zoned out, out there."

"You can't do that around fire. You're lucky you weren't wearing long sleeves...  That could of ended badly. How do you take this bracelet off?" He asked, grasping on to one of my many brackets on my arm. I pulled my hand away, bringing it close to me. 

"It fine. Leave it alone." There was a  defiant edge in my voice.

"You're insane." John  kneeled down next to me, "Let me put this on your hand." He said, wrapping soft, white, plush paper around my burn. 

"I know."

His lips changed into smile, as he shook his head. "At least you're aware of it. Do you want to go back outside?" 

"Nope,  I'm going to stay in" 

"Want me to stay with you?"

"No, it's cool. Go have fun." I gave him a half smile, as I stood up.

"I don't mind, I could stay with you."

"No really, go ahead." I used my good hand pushing him, a little.

"Okay, I'll see you later." John smiled, walking away.

I nodded, as he walked out the door. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for the comments and subscribes! Don't be a silent reader please!

Thanks to
LaneysMoreThanAlive
&
Meldeenp

For their comments!

Once again thanks for reading!