Status: Active :)

Caught Like A Fly

Chapter 16

It took two and a half days to reach Las Vegas, and Viv was waiting for us, fiddling with her engagement ring when she thought no one was looking. Ronnie had done nothing but talk about his wedding, and I was more than happy to listen to him. Weddings normally made me squirm, but now I felt all gooey like a chocolate chip cookie right out of the oven listening to him go on about flower arrangements and how beautiful Viv was going to be.

Jacky and I were forced to spend time together, but neither of us balked about this. I was going to walk down the aisle with him and Ryan after Rachel walked with Mika and Derek. I've never felt like this before; with Connor, I was bored and the days started running together. With Jacky, it was like I was meeting him all over again, every day. I didn't think it was possible to feel so much.

The wedding was drawing nearer. Ronnie delayed the release of their new album until after he made Viv his wife, and very few fans complained. I made a few appearances with Jacky in most of their new songs; Ronnie insisted and threatened me with being kicked out of his wedding. I loved being in the studio, so it's not like he had to twist my arm. Most of my time was spent with Jacky when I wasn't helping Viv plan or being her apprentice. Not even a wedding could keep that woman away from fire and metal. So far, I had made a few handfuls of knives and one full sword. I had to make my keep somehow, and even though Darren's credit card took care of me most of the time, I didn't like to mooch.

Rachel and Mika tried to hide the little romance blooming between them, but they were bad at it. I caught them making out in the bathroom. Both Viv and Ronnie were glowing like new stars, but Viv punched my shoulder every time I said something and then grinned like an idiot for hours.

I hadn't heard from Connor since the last day of that winter tour. They found a new guitar player that massacred my music, but you know what? I made guest appearances for Falling in Reverse, so my old band could kiss my ass.

"You're really good at this, Andy," Viv said, looking over my shoulder as I was pounding out another sword. "Maybe you should give up that guitar nonsense and be a blacksmith."

"You're joking, right?" I asked, panting. This wasn't as easy as Viv made it look. "I don't have the spare calories for this."

"Your choice," she said, smiling. "So uh, Jacky has been talking to Ronnie a lot lately."

"Of course he has," I said warily, not daring to take my eyes from the hot steel. "They're in a band together, aren't they?"

"I heard the words rings, dresses, bells...wife..."

"VIV!"

"Hey, I'm just looking out for you--"

"Ronnie was probably talking about you," I said hurriedly, feeling heat on my cheeks. It was the sword. It was! "He always goes on about you."

"Ronnie wasn't talking."

"Well, then Jacky was talking about you," I argued, and there was no blaming the sword for that heat on my face anymore.

"I panicked when someone said Ronnie was going to propose to me," Viv said, and I dropped the hammer and gently set the sword down. She didn't notice, or she didn't care. "It's not that bad. People stop me in grocery stores sometimes, but it's really nice knowing that someone belongs to you. Entirely, not just partly. Jacky wants to be all yours, Andy." I thought I was going to puke. Viv must have been familiar with the feeling because she told me not to throw up on her garage floor.

I went straight to bathroom and hunched my back as I set my hands on the toilet seat, staring into the water. Not a pretty sight, but don't pretend like you've never been there. My heart was beating faster than it was when I was hitting that hot steel with a hammer over and over again, and my stomach was doing flips. Whenever my mind summoned a picture of Jacky in my mind's eye, my entire chest lurched and I wanted to puke again. Without my permission, my mind made Jacky's body walk towards me, smiling and then lowering to one knee and opening up a black box with a ring in it, his face expectant and I was sure I was going to pass out.

There was no way I was ready for that. Viv was so much braver than I was; she said she was panicked. I'm scared shitless. Rachel tapped on the door and casually reminded me that our dress fitting was soon, and I pulled myself together. Jacky wasn't going to do something like that, not with Viv and Ronnie's wedding so close. It would take the focus away from them, even if it only lasted for a little while, it was still rude.

I thanked the good Lord above that there was champagne and took the bottle by the neck and put it to my mouth. Dress fitting was easy because we didn't lie to the tailor and told him our real dress sizes, and he spent the most time on Viv's dress anyway. It must have cost a small fortune. It had a heart-shaped bodice with silk straps that hung off of her shoulders. The bodice fit snugly down to halfway past her hips and gradually widened until she had a train that went five feet behind her. Her skirts were embroidered with Swarovski crystals in intervals that matched her bodice and when she wore it she looked like someone out of fairy tale.

"Finished," said the short, balding man that had just a little too much fashion sense to be straight. Darren was making eyes at him. The man had no taste. I found myself yearning for Jacky's company and my guitar. I ignored the new sickly feeling the crept up my throat when I thought about him and pulled out my phone to start texting him.

Hey, you should come save me. I waited for a reply as I watched Viv head back to the dressing room. I received a quick reply.

Can't. I'm being dressed up like a Ken doll. I couldn't stop the chuckle snuggled into my sweatshirt. The dress shop wasn't heated.

Pictures? I forgot that even the guys had to be dressed up for this wedding, and I'll admit I was excited to see Jacky in something other than jeans, leather or nothing at all. That thought made me smile. Jacky sent back a picture of himself in a fancy gray and black tuxedo, vest and all. He was even wearing a tie. Mika was in charge of their hair, and it was cut so he couldn't spike it up anymore. It was a little shorter, the longest part of his bangs barely reaching the middle of his cheek. As if he could have been any hotter after hearing him shred like that and then talk to me in that sexy accent. It wasn't fair. I didn't stand a chance. I never stood a chance. Of course, then I got to know him. He was kind, thoughtful, dedicated and selfless. The girl before me was an idiot.

I like it. Where are you? I needed to see him. Viv had been keeping me busy with random chores and I hadn't seen him in a few days. He sent me the address and my legs became instantly restless. I didn't care if he was planning on asking me to marry him or not, I needed to see his face.

"Hey Rach, I'm heading out," I said, getting to my feet. "I'll see you guys later."

"We already know Jacky has been pestering Ronnie for time to see you," she said and flicked her hand towards the door. "Get out of here." I think I was beginning to develop some serious feelings for that pretty guitar player.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry for the super late update.
Thoughts?