What If

three

We were all having alot of fun. Everyone seemed to be getting along, and I was starting to forget everything from back home. I was starting to feel better around Max, and I think we're going to patch things up. Work on us.

Most of the night I found myself talking to Chris. He was a really sweet guy, funny and not too hard on the eyes either. I would never consider ever doing that to Max, but they were good friends, and it seemed like we could be good friends too.

Leslie grabbed my arm and pulled me up to the bar, "Is he single?"

"Who? Chris?"

She just nodded and grabbed her drink off the bar, taking a sip.

"Uh, as far as I know" I shrugged.

"I just saw you talking to him, so I wasn't sure"

"Why?"

"He's hot" she simply said, in which I let out a laugh.

"Then get going" I told her.

"You think I'm the kind of girl that could just--"

"You'll be fine, I'll introduce you and then I can slowly slip away" I laughed taking a drink, "He's a nice guy"

She just sighed, "Okay"

The rest of the night was fairly quiet. I think Leslie left with Chris, I think they just wanted to get away from the crowds. I was watching them chat, and they seemed to be hitting it off. Vancouver was the best thing that happened to the both of us, so far.

--

Myself, Ally and Leslie were now really good friends. Now, there was like a group of us, including Chris, Max, Christian and Edler, who was a sweetheart.

It was a quiet night, and the guys had a couple off days here at home, so they all piled into our apartment and we decided to have a night in. Leslie's sister had tagged along, and everything about this felt right. Drinks were flowing, laughs were shared and we were having a blast.

"Anybody want another drink?" a few nodded and I smiled, making my way to the fridge.

"Need a hand?" I heard Chris come in the kitchen and I grabbed four bottles.

"Nah, I'm okay"

He walked next to me, and a bottle slowly slipped out of my hand but with his quick reflexes, he reached over and grabbed it before it hit the ground. I just stood there eyes wide, dumbfounded, "Uh...thanks"

He just laughed and walked beside me into the living room, "Just in the right place at the right time"

"Yah, I'd say so"

He ended up sitting next to me, and we talked the whole night. About everything and about nothing. Max didn't seem to mind, he was in his own little world chatting with a few of the guys.

"So you and Leslie?" I asked.

He looked over and she was laughing at one of Max's remarks, "She's a sweet girl, we're taking it slow, but things could work out"

"I'm glad" I smiled, "I think she deserves it with everything that she's been going through"

"Well it's a good thing she has you and her sister"

"Well, we haven't known eachother long" I replied, "But we seem to click, so I don't think it will be long before we're good friends"

"I think she needs that too"

I just smiled and nodded, looking back over at the crowd around Max, he must saying more of his jokes again. I guess they got a little old for me, but not for everyone else"

--

"Hey Jules, can I talk to you for a second?" I said grabbing Julie by the arm. "What's going on?"

"What?"

"What's he saying?" I asked. I guess I was a bit nervous. I was in that stage where I didn't know exactly what to think yet, or what he thought of me.

"He likes you, so stop being so paranoid"

I just bit my lip and smiled, "Really?"

She smiled and nodded, "Yes really, now go snatch him up before you give him up to someone else"

I nodded in response and took a deep breath sitting next to him.

"Hey!" he smiled, "I've been waiting to talk to you"

"Really?"

"Seems you were caught up in Max trying to be funny"

I just laughed and nodded, "Seems that way"

"So I was wondering if you wanted to get together soon, just dinner maybe?"

I nodded quickly, "Yes"

"That was quick"

She just shrugged, "I don't get this much attention, especially when my life was devoted to school"

"Well, you deserve it"

I just smiled, "Thank you"

The feelings seemed to be growing quickly, a little quicker than I liked, but I kept in control. I knew he was different than most guys, not that I knew many, but he seemed like he cared and wanted this as much as I do. I just don't want to screw it up.

--

I feel like tonight is the night, the night at the club didn't seem to happen like I wanted it to, but tonight I needed to talk to him, get him alone.

I was sitting on the arm of the couch next to him with a glass in my hand, he wasn't saying much, he actually seemed quieter than normal and I didn't know how to take it. Was it me?

"Christian, can I talk to you?"

He just nodded, "Sure"

He didn't budge, but listened intently for what I had to say, "Alone?"

"Oh...okay"

He followed me out to the porch and I leaned across the railing, "Is everything okay?" I asked.

"Perfect"

"Cause you're quiet tonight, and you're not normally this quiet"

He just shrugged, "Guess I'm just not in the mood"

"Why?"

"It's one of those days Ally, I'm just...unhappy"

I just sighed and shook my head, "I don't know why I bother"

"What's going on?"

"It doesn't matter" I huffed, "None of it matters anymore"

He grabbed my arm before I could go back through the door, "What's going on?"

"We're friends right?" I asked, terrified of what was coming next. He let go of my arm and I saw his jaw clench a bit.

"Of course"

"Then..." I paused for a moment, trying to decide whether I wanted to tell him and risk our friendship, or stay the way things were, "Good, I'm glad" I shook my head again and went back inside. Julie met met by the hallway and knew something was up. She really knew how to read people.

"Everything okay?"

"Not really" I said shaking my head.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't know" I shrugged, "I wish I knew"

"If you want to head out, you can" she replied, "And call me if you need anything"

"Sure"

She turned around and I looked over her shoulder, Christian was leaving, saying goodbye to the guys, and I couldn't even get up the courage to ask for a ride.

"Hey Christian?" Julie said dragging me behind her, "Take her home?"

We both looked at each other for a moment and he smiled a bit, "Sure, not a problem"

"See you at work on Monday" I told her.

I just smiled back at her and followed Christian out to his car, and for some reason, everything seemed awkward and I hadn't even told him. This is why I can't tell him, I just know I'll lose him.