Just Like Heaven

Prologue

Kate and Brian were the best of friends since the womb. Not because they wanted to, but because their mothers felt that they were made for each other. Even as toddlers, Kate and Brian made sure that no one mess with the other one. Once school times rolled around and Kate grew into the woman she would become, Brian was the first one to beat away the boys that chased after her. In the same respect, Brian grew up as well. He worked out to build his muscles and learned guitar for the band he was in with his friends. Kate had feelings for Brian for as long as she could remember. As Brian did for her, Kate frightened away every girl that ever threatened to take Brian out of her life.

One day in the garage where the band would practice, Kate was laid out on the couch; sleeping soundly. She had spent the whole night fighting with her parents. They fought over everything. This time was because of the tattoo that they discovered on her neck. They didn't approve of any type of rebel behavior. As they fought, Kate couldn't take it anymore. She snuck out through her window and went into Brian's garage, where she knew she was safe.

Brian walked out to the garage, followed by his friends as they went out to practice. The sight of Kate's sleeping form sent off the red flags in his mind. He rushed to her side, waking her from her dreamless sleep. Kate's eyes opened, still tear-stained from the night before. The sky blue meshed with the rimming tears made Brian's breath catch in his lungs. The smile on her face warmed his heart. He just couldn't help but to lean in and press his lips to hers.

To his surprise, She kissed him back enthusiastically. The kiss was the one from movies. Fireworks boomed, his heart soared and a chorus of angels sang. In the moment, Brian knew. Luckily, he had planned for it ever since the first time he had seen her smile. Brian got on his knee in front of her and pulled out the velvet box he carried with him. Kate's eyes widened as well as her smile.

"Kate, Marry me."