Status: completed

Lucky

Lucky

Working in Starbucks has its downs and ups. For instance, I met the perfect man while I served him his coffee. He had the most dazzling green eyes that I have ever seen. He had piercing, but I didn’t noticed them because I was too occupied trying to pry my eyes from him. I was in the cashier. I remember my friend, Ally telling me to go and ask him for his order. I looked at her as if I was crazy. How could I go near such a dazzling creature like him without being blind by him.

“Come on, you haven’t taken your eyes from him!” She laughed at my reaction “ It’s the least you can do, Sabrina” I nodded defeated and took my notepad and walked to his table.

I cleared my throat and he looked at me. I could feel my face burning. I cleared my throat again and tapped my notebook with the pen:

“May I take your order, sir?” I stuttered a bit. He nodded his head and ordered a piece of chocolate cake and a coffee. I nodded my head and I saw him smile my way. I scurried to the cashier and gave the order to Ally who was laughing and saying “ How cute!” repeatedly.

When his cake and coffee were ready I took it to him. My hands were trembling. The coffee almost spilled over his book. Before I could go back to my post he grabbed my hand:

“Hey, are you ok?” I shivered at his velvety voice and his voice

“Yeah, thanks for your concern , sir” I looked at my feet embarrassed

“Are you sure? Your hands are trembling” He persisted

“Yeah, I’m just cold, sir”

“Zacky” He interrupted me “ Quit the sir title, please. You make me feel old” I laughed and relaxed a bit.

“It’s ok, Zacky. Thanks for your concern” I smiled at him

“What’s you name?” He asked me without taking his eyes from my brown eyes

“Sabrina” Was all I said

“ Nice to meet you, Sabrina” He smiled again

“Nice to meet you too” I nodded my head and then went back to my post where I told everything to Ally.

An hour passed and Zacky went to the cashier. He paid the cake and coffee and left a tip. However, before exiting Starbucks he turned around and walked back to the cashier:

“I was wondering” He started “ At what time do you end working?” He asked me. I felt myself blush and then get nervous. I cleared my throat before answering.

“In 2 hours” I stuttered. He smiled at me

“Ok, see you in two hours then” He turned around and left Starbucks. I looked at the door stunned. Did he ask me on a date? Nah, that couldn’t possible be. We have just met!

Two hours passed by and I was getting ready to go home. I thought what Zacky said was just a joke and that he wouldn’t not be there waiting for me. However, I was wrong he was there smoking at the entrance. When he saw me he threw the butt of his cigarette to the floor and walked to me. I was just surprised to see him there.

“Shall we go to have something for dinner?” He offered.

“Sure” .

We had dinner and walked around the lit streets. He was walking me home :

“Well, this is where I live?” I told him as I took my keys out of my bag.

“Do you wanna meet again?” He asked me as he neared me. I looked up at his eyes and nodded. He then wrote his phone number on a paper

“Call me, telling me your free days. Or just if you want to talk with someone” He cherished my cheek before crashing his soft lips on mine. He broke away and smiled at me “See you, Sabrina”

Days passed to months and we were still together. He went on a tour and I had to bear being away from him But, everything changed one rainy night when I went to his house to tell him the news:

“Zacky, are you home?” I asked form the door. I heard footsteps coming to the door. He then opened the door in only his boxers.

“Hey, baby. I misse….” But when he noticed the baby on my arms he stopped.

“Can we enter, please?” I asked him. He just made his way to the sofa.

“Whose is that?” He asked me with his head on his hands.

“Who do you think is it ?” I asked him sarcastically.

“ It cannot be mine. It is not mine” He denied shaking his head.

“Well, Zacky meet you daughter Ariana” I said.

“No, its not mine, Sabrina. It cannot be mine” He denied again.

“First of all, she is not an “it” she is a baby whose name is Ariana. Secondly, she is yours” I stated.

“I can’t…” He started but I stopped him.

“If you are not going to accept that she is yours then we are out of your life, Zacky” I walked briskly to the door with a sleeping Arianna on my arms. I opened the door and before closing it I turned around. Zacky was still with his head on his hands “don’t worry, we wont ask you anything. All you have to do is forget about us” I closed the door and walked ot the lift. I pressed the button. I waited for some seconds, before I heard his door being slammed open and saw him ran towards us. He stopped right in front of me before I could enter the lift, which arrived in that moment:

“Please don’t go” He begged.

“You made it clear, Zacky. We are to going to be in your life “ I stated trying to enter the lift again, only to be stopped by him.

“But I want you to be on my life” He stated. Araina began crying and I tried to calm her down. “May I?” He asked me as he looked at her lovingly. I passed Ariana to his arms and she stopped crying as she played with his necklace. He smiled contently and Araian caught his finger in her tiny hand.

“Why did you denied it?” I asked him as we walked back to his house.

“Because I was scared, Sabrina. I don’t see me as a father. But now” He smiled down at Ariana “ Having her in my arms, I feel like in heaven” I smiled and sat down on the couch. He followed suit. “Please forgive me” He begged me.

“You are forgiven, dear” I kissed him. He smiled down at me and looked again to Arianna.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please let me know what you think of the oneshot. Thansk for reading.