Picture War

Chapter 1/1

“Nick, over here.” I said, beckoning my friend to me as I walked down the beach. I slipped my shoes off and shoved them in the messenger bag slung over my shoulder.

I heard one more ‘click’ of his camera before he let it rest around his neck.

“Wait up!” He shouted after me, sprinting to catch up to me. His converse clad feet seemed out of place on the warm sand around us. “Where are you going?”

“Under the pier.” I told him, pointing in it’s general direction. “It’s hot.”

“Then maybe you should take off your sweater.” He chuckled.

“Never!” I gasped, clutching it protectively. It was my favorite sweater, no matter how hot, itchy, or ugly it was. I found it in the back of my mom’s closet after she died. I wore it every chance I got, making sure it was always clean of course. “It’s my fav-,”

“It’s your favorite, I know.” He cut me off, rolling his eyes.

We made it under the pier and I heard the snapping of his camera again. Ignoring it, I hopped onto a big smooth rock so I didn’t have to stand on the little pointy ones that poked into my feet uncomfortably.

“Hey, Lexi.” Nick said, gaining my attention. As soon as I looked at him, I heard him take a picture. Trying to hide my face, I ended up just making myself look stupid.

“Nick!” I whined. “I told you to stop taking pictures of me.”

“But I might want to remember this someday, when I’m old and decrepit.” He smirked, turning his camera around so I could see the picture.

“Delete it.” I demanded.

“Nope.” He laughed.

“Let me see your camera then.” I said, holding my hand out.

“No.” He cried, holding it away from me.

“I promise I won’t delete the picture.” I said, giving my best puppy dog look. “Please.”

I could see he was starting to waver and after a few moments of hesitation, he handed it to me.

I picked it up and looked through the lens.

“What are you do-,”

He was cut off by ‘click’ of the camera, letting him know I had taken a picture of him.

“I’ll let you delete it if you delete mine.” I compromised.

“Not a chance.” He smiled. “I’m sure mine doesn’t even look that bad.”

And so the pictures lived on.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you liked it (: It's really short, I know.