‹ Prequel: The Heart Does Go On
Status: Active

Love Can Touch Us One Time and Last For a Lifetime

Chapter seventeen - "By the way, I quit!"

Seto Kaiba was always one for grand entrances. I think the entire world knows that, even in cities not focused on duel monsters.

This was not an exception.

Seto had told me that he’d be arriving at San Francisco International Airport 2 days after I called him, which was today. He requested for me to meet him at his Blue Eyes White Dragon Jet as soon as he got off, and security would escort me to the front of the jet. He said we had business to take care of.

However, what he didn’t inform me of was that the media were tipped off.

I thought that maybe an insider tipped the media off of Seto’s arrival.

But it became apparent as soon as Seto stepped off his jet. He acted like a rock star; he grabbed my shoulders and began to lead me off. He mostly ignored the reporters, with the security guard holding them back.

The biggest giveaway was that Seto hired security for his landing. Seto NEVER hired security; he knew he could take on anyone himself. I just didn’t think of it until he grabbed my shoulders and lead me off. He was pulling a total Siegfried, wanted to cause a ruckus in the media.

I gave Seto a look. I hoped he understood the look I gave him, but it seemed he did.

“I’ll explain it later, please, just follow on.” Seto softly whispered in my ear, putting his head on my shoulder.

“O-ok.” I stuttered, as cameras began to go off even heavier.

Journalists then began to shout out questions, asking if Kaiba and I were together. I also heard Siegfried’s name shouted out a few times.

“I am here in San Francisco to deal with private matters regarding Miss Campbell. Now I kindly ask you to leave us alone, or deal with my lawyers.” Seto growled, as he shoved past the media.

He kept his strong arms firmly around my shoulders the whole way through the airport, until we got outside. There was a limousine immediately waiting for us. We both got in, but the bodyguard kept the paparazzi at hand while we drove away.

“Okay, what the hell is going on?” I asked Seto.

“We discussed on the phone, I’d come with you to try and organise all you need to organise to come back to Domino and work for me.” Seto replied, as if talking to a three year old.

“Wait, hold on. We did NOT agree that we would pretend to date. Siegfried is doing this crap, and I don’t like it. I only agreed to it because he manipulated my mind and made me believe it was the only way to gain a promotion. That, and I wanted to get back at you.” I mumbled, realising this was the first time I had really discussed this with Seto.

“From the sounds of it Ella, you’re the one who still obviously holds something for me, and it’s just your imagination believing that I was leading the paparazzi into thinking that.” Seto smirked at me.

“Ahh stop playing games with my head, I’m too tired for this.” I moodily said, lightly bashing my head on the window.

Seto then grabbed me by the waist to pull me upright, but didn’t let his hands linger as he had been doing recently.

“In reality, we should probably discuss you and I once everything is sorted and we’re in Domino. For the mean time however, we should focus our attention to the task on hand.” Seto suggested.

“Mmm, ok. Just so you know, I hate discussing emotions as much as you so that conversation is going to be reaaaaaally awkward.” I grinned.

“The reason why I led the paparazzi into believing we’re dating is because I think that’s our key to make Siegfried do something stupid. His weak spot seems to be you and I dating, and if he believes we are dating again he’ll do something stupid, and the public can see the way he exploits his employees for fame and revenge.” Seto explained.

“So when do I quit my job?” I asked Seto, a little confused.

“Tomorrow, it’s a Monday and the start of the week. Don’t worry, I’ll go in with you and do all the talking. But for now, I think I ought to take you out for lunch.” Seto smirked.

***

As Seto and I were walking through Schroeder Corp the following day, you could tell the employees didn’t know how to react. Their reactions were so easy to read.

On one hand, they knew they should be stopping us. Seto Kaiba was definitely not allowed to set foot in this organisation, especially walking through the entire building to go see the boss.

On the other hand, they hated Siegfried. Everybody hated Siegfried. Even though he ruled his corporation the same as Kaiba, for some reason the employees respected Seto, which I never really understood.

So the employees just watched in awe as we walked through the ranks of Schroeder Corp.

We eventually wound up outside Siegfried’s office door.

The secretary, who hated Siegfried the most gave us a huge smile, and even mouthed ‘thank you’ as Seto stormed in.

When we stormed in, I expected Siegfried to be calm and sarcastic. That was what Seto would do. That was the way that he had been treating me.

Instead, he was angry. Very angry.

“What do you think you two are doing in here? This isn’t good for your image. Get out, NOW. When asked to comment on both your rekindled relationship, I kindly told the papers what kind of a person Miss Campbell is, I think the street term for it is slut. I also may have told the papers that she cheated on me with you. Miss Campbell, you thought our little deal would benefit you, but no I was always going to have the last laugh.” Siegfried chuckled.

I felt panic rise in me, but my eyes landed on Seto. Seto was smart, cool and collected. He would always have the answer. And I was correct, he did.

“Big mistake, Siegfried. I was only going to assist Miss Campbell into quitting, and inform you I have collected evidence of you continuing to sexual harass Miss Campbell, and discriminate against her on the basis of her gender and looks. However, now I am here to tell you this information will be used against you. I also have strong evidence that you drugged Miss Campbell, something that can get you into a lot more trouble than the other two. Let’s go Ella, our business is done here.” Seto growled, once again grabbing my shoulders.

I was shaking now, of fear and anger as I took comfort in Seto’s arms. However, before we left promptly I yelled out something to Siegfried, something I should have done a long time ago.

“By the way, I quit!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooooh Seto is getting all businessy :) I like it!