Baby Blue Eyes

I love you

“Well don’t you look nice.” Zach announced once he stepped inside my house. “Thanks handsome.” I reply blushing. “Are you ready to go on our first date?” Zach asks while taking my hand. “Of course.” We walked out to Zach’s car and he opened the door for me. “So are you going to tell me where we’re going?” I say after driving for a little bit. “The restaurant by the beach.” Zach says, grabbing my hand. I smile. We arrived at the restaurant and got a table. After a romantic dinner we took a walk on the beach, hand in hand. “Isn’t that a constellation?” Zach asked as we lied down and looked up at the stars. “Probably but I’m not sure. I didn’t do well in astronomy.” I confessed. We lied there in silence for a few minutes. Zach sat up and I did the same. He took my hands and looked into my eyes. “I love you Logan.” I smiled. “I love you Zach.” He smiled and then we kissed. It was probably the best kiss I’ve had. When you’re in love with someone they are like your other half and Zach is my other half. We stayed on the beach for a little longer until it was time I had to go home. Zach dropped me off and walked me to my door. “I had a great first date.” I said before I kissed him goodnight “Good night Logan.” “Good night Zach.” I walked inside with a huge smile on my face. That smile disappeared as soon as I saw the new note on the counter. I didn’t even want to read it. I didn’t care what new excuse my mom came up with now to get out of the house. I stormed up stairs and plopped down on my bed. My perfect night just turned terrible by my neglecting mother. My phone started vibrating. I looked at it and it was Zach calling. I let it ring and buried my face in my pillow while I let out all the tears that I’ve held over the past couple of years. I’m 17 so I had a lot of tears. After crying for a while I felt a hand rub my back. I shot up to find Zach sitting there with a worried look on his face. He wiped a tear from my cheek and asked, “What’s wrong Logan?” I sighed. “Nothing.” I said, barely audible. “Something’s wrong Logan. You wouldn’t be crying like that for no reason.” “It’s nothing.” I say, turning away. He turned my head back toward him. “Tell me.” He begged. I stayed silent. “It was the date, wasn’t it.” Zach stated. “No no no no! It wasn’t the date. Our date was perfect.” I reassured him. “Then what was it?” He asked, holding my hands in his. “It was after the date.” I said, looking down. “Was the kiss really that bad?” Zach asked nervously. I laughed. “No Zach. The date was perfect, the kiss was perfect and you’re perfect.” “Then what made you cry?” I hesitated then said, “Well I don’t know. I just sorta broke down when I saw that my mom wasn’t here again.” Zach brushed my bangs out of my face. “It’s okay, I’m here.” “I love you Zach.” “I love you too Logan.” After that we just lied down on my bed and slowly drifted off to sleep, with Zach holding me in his arms.