Baby Blue Eyes

My perfect day

For lunch we stopped at a diner. “You know, my cousin Natalie and I came up with a legend about diners once.” I told Zach as we sat down at a table. “Oh really? What is it?” “Well we think that someone started a restaurant and called it “dinner” because they wanted to only serve dinner but some guy messed up the sign so it said “diner” So when you go to a diner it’s actually dinner.” Zach gave me a weird look. “You’re crazy.” He finally said. “And you love it.” “I do” We had a nice lunch at the diner and then we drove into LA. It was so cool. I felt like I was in some kind of a movie, since I was in Los Angeles. We walked around, shopped and decided to go see the Hollywood sign. After a while, we found it. “I can’t believe I’m actually here, seeing this. It’s so cool!” Zach laughed and put his arm around me. “Thanks Zach. You’re the best boyfriend ever.” I gave him a quick kiss. We walked around a little more. We ended up at a park. It was a beautiful park. We decided to sit on a bench by the pond. “This place is beautiful.” I commented. “Not as beautiful as you.” Zach said. “Nice one. Very original.” I replied sarcastically. He smiled and I noticed an old couple sitting on a bench across the pond, holding hands. “Aww they’re so cute.” I said. “Who?” Zach asked. “Them.” I turned his head so that he was looking straight at them. He smiled. “Yeah, they are. That will be us in 40 years.” I smiled and rested my head on Zach’s shoulder. “I love you.” He said to me. “I love you too.” Pretty soon it started to get dark out so we made our way back to the car. Along the way, we encountered some drunk guys. They started making comments at me which Zach did not like. I could feel him tightening his grip on me. “Why don’t you bring your skinny ass over here so we can do it.” One guy said. “Yeah, ditch that gay boyfriend of yours. You need a real man like me.” Another guy said. We tried to walk past them but they stepped right in front of us. One guy started getting really close to me. I could smell the alcohol in his breath. He put his hand on my leg but I swiped it away. “Oooo feisty. Just how I like it.” The man said. Then, out of nowhere Zach lifted his fist and punched the guy in the face. The guy backed away and when he took his hand off his face, he was bleeding. Next thing I know, Zach and I are running as fast as we can back to the car. The guys tried to follow us but they couldn’t walk in a straight line to save their lives. Once we were safe inside the car I started laughing. “What’s so funny?” Zach asked with a serious face. “You punched that guy in the dome!” I said, cracking up. Zach cracked a smile but then it quickly vanished. “No guy will ever lay his hands on you again as long as I have something to do with it.” I leaned over and kissed Zach. “Thanks.” He smiled and started the car. “We probably should go to a hotel or something. It’s late.” Zach said. “Yeah and plus, we don’t have school tomorrow.” I agreed. Within a half an hour we pulled into a hotel. We got a room and brought the little bag of stuff up there. “I had a feeling that we would stay the night so I brought some things.” I said once we got in the room. Zach came over and hugged me. “Thanks for being over-prepared since I am always under-prepared.” I changed into some soffe shorts and kept the tank top I was wearing on. I brushed my teeth and climbed into bed. Zach brushed his teeth and then climbed into bed, only wearing his boxers. He turned off the light. I snuggled up close to him. “Hey sexy, thanks for saving me tonight.” He kissed the top of my head. “I had to. It’s my job.” Zach put one arm around me. “My hero” I said, overdramatically. “Night Logan” “Night Zach” Then I quickly fell asleep, feeling safe in Zach’s arms.