Baby Blue Eyes

The BBQ

Logan’s P.O.V
“How about a BBQ?” I suggested to Zach once we walked back to my house. He nodded in agreement. I then grabbed my phone and texted Cam. “Tonight at 7?” I asked Zach. “Sure that sounds good.” I smiled. “Okay, tonight at 7 at my house.” Zach smiled and grabbed my hand. He leaned in to kiss me but I turned my head. “Something wrong?” “No I just realized that I need hamburger rolls.” Zach started laughing. “Well do you want to come to the grocery store?” I asked once he stopped. “Yes I would. I’ll drive.” “Fine with me.” Then Zach drove us to the grocery store. “I feel like we’re married.” Zach said as we walked down the aisles. I started blushing. “I mean, we’re grocery shopping together like married people would.” He added. “Oh, haha yeah I guess so.” My face started to return to its natural color. We walked over to the bread area and bought some hamburger and hot dog rolls. “Well I mean I’d love to be married to you.” Zach babbled on. He was just making this more awkward. “Zach, I get it.” We checked out and got back in the car. “I do love you and you’re the only girl I see myself with.” Zach said, taking my hand. Then he looked straight into my eyes. “I want to marry you. I will marry you.” I smiled and kissed him. Then we drove back home to get ready for our little barbeque. “It’s 6:45” Zach announced as we walked outside. “Cam should be here shortly then. He’s always a few minutes early. Such a good guy. I can’t wait to see what kind of girl he ends up with.” I said, day dreaming about Cam’s wedding. “As long as she doesn’t use him and take him out of the band, I’m good.” Zach said as Cam walked into my backyard. “What’s up guys?” Cam pulled me into a hug and did the dude handshake with Zach. “Hey Cam can I talk to you?” Zach asked Cam with a worried tone. “Uhh sure.” They walked a little bit away from me. I decided to walk inside and get the food. When I walked through the door I stopped and listened. I know, I’m eavesdropping but they’re both my friends. What can’t they tell me? Zach started talking first. “I’m in deep shit man.” “What happened? Did you get her prego?” Cam asked. I had to hold my laughter. “No, I uhhh I told her that I wanted to marry her. And I kept going on about it because I was nervous that I just told her. But I don’t think she suspects anything.” “Well that’s good. I know she’ll love the surprise. But even if she does figure it out, it’s okay because you too love each other and she’ll find out one way or another.” Cam assured him. Wait, what? What just happened?