Baby Blue Eyes

Enough is enough

Over Winter Break I went and visited Jen and Sophie back in Massachusetts. Zach and I barely talked. We texted a few times a day but that was about it. When I got back to campus, I thought since it was a new year that I should confront Zach. When I was about to march over to his dorm, he shows up at mine with a dozen roses and his winning smile. Of course, when I look into his eyes I can’t stay mad at him for long. The first time in a while, I had a nice evening with Zach. I thought that Zach had changed. He didn’t A month went by and Zach still treated me like shit. Finally I absolutely had enough. His roommate cared more about me then he did. That was a fact. Ben and I spent more time together then Zach and I did. We had gotten close and I enjoyed his friendship. It was almost out two year anniversary when I did what I had to do. I knocked on Zach’s door. He opened it and smiled. I pushed it open and walked in. Zach had a confused look on his face. I had an angry expression on mine. “Hey Logan, what’s wrong?” Zach asks innocently. “What’s wrong? I’ll tell you what’s wrong. When’s the last time we had a decent conversation? When’s the last time we hung out? When’s the last time you weren’t late or actually showed up for our date? When’s the last time you treated me like an actual person, let alone you’re girlfriend? I’m sick of this Zach. I’m done. I can’t take it anymore.” I take my ring off and hand it to him. Zach stands there, speechless. As he forms words I leave. He calls out after me but I ignore it. I’m better off without him. As I walk across campus with tears in my eyes I run into Ben. At first he’s confused why I’m crying but then I lift up my left hand and show him that there is no ring there. He nods and pulls me into a hug. I cry into his chest for about 20 minutes before we head back to my dorm where I explain what happened. Ben just sat there and listened. He nodded occasionally and brought me tissues. He stayed with me until Meagan got back. Then she consoled me and let me tell the story. Meagan ran to the store and bought ice cream and chips. We watched movies and ate like fatties for the rest of the night. Later I got a text from Zach that said, “Meet me by the library at 10:15. I need to talk to you.” I didn’t want to go but Meagan made me. Around 10:05 I started walking towards the library. When I got there I saw Zach sitting alone on a bench. I walked over to him and he looked up at me. His eyes were red and puffy from crying, like mine. I sat down next to him and waited for him to speak.