Baby Blue Eyes

Alcohol is the truth serum

Zach took my hands and looked me in the eye. “I promise nothing will happen between us.” I looked away and said, “How am I supposed to trust you again? You said the same thing before college and you turned into a douchebag and forgot about me. Who knows what you will do when you go on tour.” Zach pulled me into a hug and when he let go he said, “I’m sorry about that. I truly am, but it won’t happen again. I swear on my love to you that it will never happen.” I took a step away. “I don’t know Zach.” I started walking towards his door. “I have to go.” He grabbed my hand and tried to hold me back. “Logan….” “I’m dating Ben now, sorry.” Then I walked downstairs, waved good-bye to Vic and drove back to my house. Ben texted me when I got home. “Party at my house tonight?” I responded “Yes!” and decided to take a shower and change my outfit. Pretty soon it was time for Ben’s party. I told my mom I was going out then drove to Ben’s house in San Diego. When I got there, people where already there. I walked inside and found Ben. “Hey there.” I said and Ben turned around and I kissed him on the cheek. When Ben moved I saw that Zach was behind him with a hurt look on his face. “Hey Logan! I’m so glad you could come. I mean this wouldn’t be a party without my girl!” Zach’s face grew more and more depressed. I felt bad for him. I did love him but I was with Ben now and I liked it. Ben paid attention to me and we had a good time together. With Zach there was just too much drama. I left Ben and found Cameron. I needed to talk to him. When I found him I told him that I needed to talk with him. He told me to follow him. I followed him into the kitchen where he took out a shot glass and poured vodka into it. He slid it to me. “Boy trouble?” I nodded and took the shot. He filled it again. “Why?” I asked. “Because I need the truth out of you.” I took another shot and another. Then Cam and I sat down on the porch outside and I told him everything. Right when Cam asked me about my feelings, the alcohol kicked in. I was a skinny girl, 3 shots made me tell the absolute truth. I told Cam how I still loved Zach but hated being with him. He treated me terribly and Ben was the complete opposite. He was a great boyfriend. Cam told me that he would tell me his answer tomorrow, just in case I forgot or did something I’ll regret. Say for instance start making out with Zach right in front of Ben. Cam and I walked over to Ben and he told him that he’d take me home. Instead, Zach offered because he lived closer than Cam so he could walk home. I gave Zach my keys and we got into my car. He drove me home and helped me upstairs. He sat me down on my bed. “Are you feeling alright?” He asked, concerned. “Yes! I’m better than ever!” I said cheerfully. “When is your mom coming home?” “She’s out for the weekend.” “Well then I’ll stay with you tonight. I can’t leave you here alone, sober or not.” The next thing I remember is waking up next to Zach on my bed. I was wearing soffe shorts and a big t-shirt. Zach was wearing some clothes that he used to keep here when we were dating that I “forgot” to give him. He was on top of the comforter though. I guess when I got up I shifted the bed because Zach started to wake up. As soon as I got up the room started spinning so I just laid back down. “Hangover?” He asked groggily. “Yep. Did you take care of me last night?” He nodded and went into my bathroom to find some advil. He gave me some then he went down stairs to make coffee. I just stayed in bed and wondered what I did to deserve this. Why is Zach being nice to me? He’s making it harder to choose Ben.