Baby Blue Eyes

Everyone likes a guy in a band

After my last class I head over to my locker. I see Zach standing there with a huge grin on his face. I bite my lip and hurry over. “Hey Logan!” “Hey to you too!” I gather the books I need to bring home, check my hair in the mirror one more time and close my locker. “Ready?” “Ready” We walk out to Zach’s car. I see Kate leaning up against it. Zach’s smile instantly becomes a frown. “Zachie!” She says as she runs over to Zach. She gives him a hug but he pushes her away. She dusts herself off and pretends it never happened. “What is she doing here?” Kate says in a bitchy tone. “Kate, she’s my friend and we are over. I thought you would have gotten that from what happened in the lunch room. Now please, move away from my car.” Zach says angrily. “No you didn’t mean what you said,” Kate puts her hand on his chest, “I forgive you.” Zach swats her hand away. “Please leave me alone. Come on Logan. Let’s go.” I get in the passenger side and look over at Zach. I can’t believe he stood up for me again. He pulls out of the parking lot. “Shit, I drove today!” Zach smiles. “We can get it later. I just wanted to get away from Kate. I’m sorry about how she’s been treating you.” We come to a red light. “Zach, it’s ok. You didn’t have to stand up for me like that.” He smirks again. “I wanted to.” I could feel my face getting warm again. Why does he do this to me!

We finally pull into Zach’s driveway. I go to open the door when Zach says “Wait!” He quickly gets out of his side, grabs his backpack and walks over to the passenger side. He opens the door and holds out his hand. I grab it and step out of his car. “Why thank you Zach. You’re just I gentleman.” I say smiling. We walk up to his house and once again he opens the door and gestures for me to go inside before him. His house is a typical California house. It’s modern and beach-themed. “We’ll be practicing in the garage but first I gotta put my bag in my room.” Says Zach plainly. “Alright” I say, not really paying attention. He starts up the stairs but then stops. “You coming?” “Oh right yeah. Sorry I was just admiring your house. In my town every house was colonial and old.” Zach chuckles a bit. I head up the stairs and follow him to his bedroom. I step inside and can’t help but laugh. He has this blue wallpaper with black flowers on it. “Laugh all you want but it wasn’t my choice just so you know.” “Sure.” I say not believing him. “But I’m pretty sure that was your choice.” I point to the big poster of a girl in a bikini. “I’m a guy. What posters do you want me to have?” We hear a car pull into the driveway. “That must be the guys. Come on let’s go.” Zach states as we walk towards the door. I can’t wait to hear them play. I look over at Zach and he has a genuine “happy smile” on his face. Darn it! He’s making it so hard not to like him! And to top it all off he’s in a band. Everyone knows that girls LOVE musicians. We walk to the garage and the rest of the guys are setting up. Zach introduces me to Michael who replies with, “Sup baby gurl what’s good?” Michael seems like a nice guy. I look over at Zach. Gosh, he looks so cute right now.