Baby Blue Eyes

You are mine, mine forever

I made my way downstairs to find Zach standing at my kitchen table with eggs, bacon, toast, and coffee set up for two. “You did all this?” I asked him as I walked into the kitchen. “Yep! I even put your coffee in this really cool Harry Potter mug. Did you know that it changes from saying “I solemnly swear that I am up to no good” to “Mischief managed” when you put coffee in it. It’s so cool!” Zach said, obsessing over my mug. I laughed. “Yeah Zach, I knew that.” Then we sat down and had a nice breakfast. “I missed this. Us talking, having a good time, just us.” I smiled and said, “Yeah, I missed it too.” We sat there and talked for another hour. Then I went upstairs, took a shower and climbed back into bed. A few minutes later Zach came in, with new clothes on. “I just went home and changed. And I also brought a few things just in case I need to stay another night.” He winked at me and set his duffle bag on the floor by the bathroom door. Then he walked over and sat down on my bed next to me. I rolled over to face him. “Still tired?” I nodded. “Headache?” I nodded again. He smiled and climbed to the other side of my bed. He plopped down next to me. “I’ll join you.” He said. I smiled and snuggled up close to his warm body. Within minutes I was asleep. I was awoken to my phone ringing. I looked at it and I had a new text from Ben that said, “We need to talk.” I became worried but soon my exhaustion took over me and I fell back asleep. The next time I woke up I looked at the clock and it said 8:00. I sat up and looked around my room. Zach was on my computer on twitter. He acknowledged that I was awake. “Get enough sleep?” I shook my head. “Nope.” He laughed and walked over to me. He leaned down and kissed my forehead. “How about we go out for dinner?” Zach asked. “Sure but I have to talk with Ben tonight.” “Then why don’t we invite the guys?” I called up the guys and invited them for dinner. Unfortunately, Michael had a date tonight and Nathan was out of town so it was just going to be Ben, Cam, Zach, and myself. I got ready and Zach and I drove to a restaurant. When we got there, Cam was waiting so we got a tabled and waited for Ben. He arrived soon and we had a good dinner. After, when we were leaving, I pulled Ben aside. “So you need to talk with me?” I started. “Listen Logan, I think that we are just really good friends and I do like you, love you actually but in a brother-sister kind-of-way. I hope you understand.” “So you’re breaking up with me?” I concluded. “I’m sorry Logan.” “No, don’t be sorry I feel the same way. I was actually meaning to talk to you. I..uhhh….well Zach kissed me. I’m so so sorry Ben.” I apologized. “It’s okay. I forgive you. Plus, I can tell that you still have feelings for Zach so I get it. I guess this break up is a mutual thing.” I nodded. “Thanks for understanding. I think you are the only guy that wouldn’t freak out.” He laughed and we walked back to Cam and Zach. We talked by our car for a few minutes and then we all went home. Well, Zach went back to my house. When we got back we changed into our pajamas and sat down on my couch, turned on the TV and flipped through the channels until we found a good movie to watch. We ended up watching Baby Mama. “Thank you for staying Zach.” I placed my head on his chest and he put one arm around me. “Anything for you.” I smiled. “Ben and I broke up tonight.” I looked up at Zach and he had a big smile on his face. “I don’t want to rush into anything now, but I will tell you this, you are mine Logan James, mine forever.” I leaned up and gave him a kiss. “I’m glad to be yours again.” He kissed the top of my head. “Just don’t mess up again.” I added. “I promise, I won’t.”