Baby Blue Eyes

Conrad

The next morning at school I got a few death stares from Kate and her “clique.” But I didn’t care. It’s not my fault she’s a total bitch and Zach broke up with her. I eat lunch with the guys again and I actually love getting to know them. Nathan is so quirky and Tom is hilarious. They seem like a really good group of friends. After school Cam asked me to go get coffee with him. Naturally I said yes ‘cause 1. Cam is a really nice guy and 2. I’m a teenage girl, coffee is my best friend. We got our coffee and sat down. “So, you likin’ Poway so far?” Cam asks while taking a sip. “Yeah I do. It seems really nice and I have you and the guys so it’s pretty fun.” I reply with a smile. A few minutes later my phone vibrates. I pull it out and find that I have a new text message from none other than, Conrad. I reluctantly open it. Big mistake. The text said, “Hey Babe I just wanted to tell you that I’m coming to visit you next week when I’m on spring break.” I sighed and decided not to text him back. I really didn’t want Conrad to come visit me. I just want to be away from him! Cam noticed my immediate drop in attitude. That’s one of the things I have recently learned about Cam. He is good at reading peoples’ emotions. “What’s wrong Logan?” Cam asked with a worried tone. “Oh it’s nothing.” I say, looking down at the floor. “Come on Logan I know something is wrong.” He says while touching my shoulder. His touch feels so warm and friendly. I look up at him and he gives me a puppy dog face. “Fine I’ll tell you! But only if you promise not to tell Zach.” I say, looking into his eyes. “I promise.” He says, smiling once again. “Ok well my ex-boyfriend, Conrad, just texted me that he’s coming to visit me next week when he’s on spring break. But I don’t know if I can deal seeing him after what he did to me back in Massachusetts. He stole my heart, stomped on it, and broke it into a million pieces.” I take a deep breath. “Sorry, I’m ranting.” I say with a half-smile. “Nah it’s ok. I’m always here to listen and I won’t tell Zach.” Cam says sweetly. “Thanks Cam. You’re a great friend.” “Yeah I kinda am!” Cam says jokingly. “So what are you going to do about Conrad?” “What should I do?” I ask unsurely. I mean I like Zach and I can’t possibly like Conrad after what he and Alexa did but what if I see him and all my old feelings come back. God I hate being a teenager!