Howling

Promise me some dignity if I were to stand and die here.

I stood outside of my house, my arms stretched over my head, and a large yawn leaving my mouth. It was 7:30 in the morning, my i-pod headphones were wedged into my ears and I was just about ready to leave for school. If I hurried, I could get there before home room starts. I was always, no matter what, late for class, and my parents found that rushing me would result in mayhem at school. I grinned, remember the events of last night, I was suddenly not wanting to go to school. Chelsea would be all over the fact that I spoke back to her, and her little goonies wouldn't be to happy with me either.

I sighed and held my go-cup filled with coffee, and started the dreaded walk to hell. I hummed along to the song playing full blast in my ears as I neared the school. The bell rang over my music and I pulled my headphones out of my ear and turned off my i-pod. I shoved it in my tight light blue jeans and I pulled the door open and walked inside, away from the chilly morning air.

I walked down the hall to my locker and I pulled it open, seeing that my text book was missing, and there was ''bitch" written all over the inside of my locker. I scoffed and pulled off my sweater and shoved it in the locker. I pulled my owl necklace out from under my shirt and placed it over top of it, so people could see it. I fiddled with my ring and pushed all my hair over one shoulder, and I swooped my bangs away from my eyes.

I walked to my class room and opened the doors, carelessly walking into the class room. The teacher looked pissed that I was late yet again, and she was blabbering about how being late would be bad on my school record, and the students should never follow my example because I was from the city. I examined my chair for any foreign substance and then sat down, satasfied that there was nothing on my chair.

I looked at her, our eyes met, and she backed down instantly. I took a sip of my coffee as she started the class, after she so happily disturbed it on her own. I leaned back in my chair and started to doze off, when the teacher yelled my name, I jumped in my seat and I stared at the teacher.

"Yeah?" I asked chewing on my lower lip.

"Were pairing up, please find a partner." She said, shaking her head at me.

I nodded my head, and didn't bother looking around the class for someone that wasn't glaring at me for being a city kid. The kid in the desk in front of me turned around and he smiled a creepy smile. I sighed inwardly and smiled back, a perfect white smile.

"I can be your partner." He said.

"Will do..." I said, averting my eyes from him.

The look on his face was a bit to happy, he was the typical looking nerd as I called it. His hair was slicked back, his clothes didn't match, and he wore thick rimmed glasses, that I thought he didn't need. The only thing about him that was nice was his eyes, and his voice. I just couldn't stare at them to long, it was like they were looking into my soul. He stood up, and I found myself checking him out. He had nice body build too, and he was so much taller then me.

"I'm going to go get our project paper okay?" He said, reasurring me of his objectives.

I nodded my head and leaned back into my seat. I don't see why he dressed like he did, when his face and his body had so much potential to be hot. People aroud me were whispering about how much of a nerd he was, and how much he was a teachers pet. I looked over to them and scrunched my eyebrows.

"So bullies and talking behind someones back does exsist in such small, non-existant places." I mused, hearing his foot steps come back.

Before the guy could say anything, he was cut off by my weird looking partner. I looked over at him carelessly and watched the white paper slide onto my desk.

"Here's the papers." He said, another smile sketching across his face.

"Thanks." I said, biting my lip.

"Teacher said when we have the first part done, we can leave." He said, flipping over the paper to a bunch of instructions.

I guess the first side of the paper was just explaining what we were doing. I read over it and groaned, leaning back in my chair. I've always hated history. We've gotta make a poster about some historical event/person that made an impact on america. I flipped the paper over and read the first instruction.

"Pick a historical event or person you find to be the most interesting." I said aloud, my voice monotone and boring. "So, who are we picking?" I asked.

"Uh... How about Martin Luther King Jr?" He said, probably picking the first person that came into his head.

"Sure, I did a project about him last year..." I muttered.

"Alright, let's go tell the teacher then leave." He said, standing up.

I got up and followed him to the teacher. He told her we were doing Marting Luther King Jr, and she accepted it and I left the class room as quick as I could. That guy following behind me, quite close actually. I was about to turn around and tell him off when Chelsea turned the corner, with her fuck buddy and her friends. When she saw me, an instant frown found her face, and she stormed off towards me, leaving her friends and her fuck buddy.

"You dare show your face after what you did yesterday night?!" She screamed, her fists clenched.

"Haha, didn't think you'd remember, you were pretty drunk." I said, clicking my tongue.

Her fist came at me full speed, and it connected with my cheek. It wasn't a hard hit, it was more like a girly sissy punch, but it left my cheek bleeding because of her long thumb nail. I shook it off and stared at her, looking at the stupid smirk that graced her make up covered face.

"Is that all you had? Honey, my mom hits harder then you." I said, licking my thumb and rubbing it against the cut on my cheek.

My partner let out a loud laugh from behind me, and he grabbed my hand and turned me around and dragged me off the other way with him, for some weird reason I was fine with this. He ran outside, and the glasses that were on his face were thrown to the ground, and he ruffled his hand in his hair, making it messy.

"Yenno, you've been here for less then a week, and you already made Chelsea your enemy. Yet, you don't seem to give a damn, she's got controle of most the school, do you care if your shunned for the next two years of your highschool life?" He asked.

"Does it matter? In my opinion, the city is more intimidating then this place, and I've lived there, for my whole life. The kids there will eat her up if she ever transfered out of this shitty no-good town." I said, staring at him.

He turned around, and I couldn't even recognize him. His hair was the only thing that changed, and yet, he turned into the most gorgeous boy I've ever seen. He licked his lips and leaned down, until our forheads were touching and he licked the cut on my face.

"I like you, you're funny." He smirked.

I looked away, my face instantly heating up. "What's that supposed to mean?" I asked.

"It means you're lucky. If I didn't like you, and you talked back to my sister like that, I'd kick you're ass." He mused, his lips thinning into a tight line.

"Your sister? You mean that stupid cunt is your sister?!" I yelled, jumping away from him like he had cooties.

He burst out into laughter and he nodded his head, the smile never leaving his face. I inwardly groaned, and I knew a normal highschool life would be crazy to dream of at this point.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lydia's outfit: Heart
Inspirational song: Still breathing by Mayday Parade

Comment/subscribe! <3