Status: Active...Extremely slow updates. Sorry <3

Personal Soldier

I'll be your hero whose standing strong. Who protects you from any fight...

"We are now approaching Glasgow Central..." the voice over spoke as a huge grin crossed my face.
It'd been a year since I'd last saw my Dad and even then it was only for a day.
I wasn't sure what to expect...Honestly? I didn't really care. I was away from Gloucester, away from Nathan and much more importantly with my Dad.
Gathering up my bags and joined the queue to depart from the train. Trying not to fall I carried my bags off the train and made my way down to the waiting area.
A constant mumbled noise filled the building. People talking, heels clicking against the white marble floors. The feel of this place was just scary!
Finally making my way to the waiting area I scanned the masses of people, almost feeling disheartened that I couldn't find my own father in a crowd.
Mind you, trying to find someone in Glasgow Central at 5pm on a Friday was never going to be the easiest of jobs.
I stood frozen on the spot as I continued scanning and rescanning the room to try and find Dad. Hurt slowly rushing through my body as I felt a sense of abandonment. I was home, I was meant to be happy but instead I felt scared, lost.
"Lucie?" a soft voice spoke from behind me. Turning round quickly there he stood. A few extra wrinkles circled his face. His silver hair stood out the most.
"Daddy" I smiled as his arms wrapped round me. "You've gone grey" I joked
"I've missed you baby" he laughed, his voice breaking as he did. The two of us stood in tears as people tried to rush past us, tutting as they did. I didn't care anymore. I was with my Daddy.
----------------------------------------------------

Stepping out the car the pavement glowed as the street lamps shon brightly.
Walking up the path to the house memories started flooding back.
The old tree swing that I used to play on still hanging weakly from the old oak in the front garden. Dad opened the door as we walked into the hall. It'd been all decorated since the last time I'd been here.
"Welcome home" Dad smiled placing my bags in the hall.
"It looks so different" I laughed.
"Yeah, I fancied a change" he smiled "Do you remember where your room was?"
"Of course!" I laughed grabbing as many bags as I could and runing up the stairs.
Second room to the right.
Walking in a tear came to my eye as I looked around the bright blue room.
A picture of Mum, Dad, my little sister Poppy and brother Danny up on the wall. My single bed all made up in Peter Pan bed clothes. My old toy box still sat at the bottom of my bed.
Nothing had changed.
The walls of my room plastered in Peter Pan quotes and drawings. Mum had always been a great drawer and had loved constantly redecorating the house.
Walking over to by bed there he sat, my favourite teddy bear, Special Ted.
Picking him up I squeezed him tight.
Every secret I'd even known as a child, any problem I'd ever had, any bully that'd ever called me names, all glistened in his brown plastic eyes.
I remember forgetting to pack him when we'd left 7 years ago and crying for days. Then when Nath and I had went to London to meet Dad I told Dad to keep him, so that if he ever missed us or had a problem Special Ted would be there. This was the start of a new life for me and I couldn't wait to get started!
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys. Just a quick note to say thank you all for reading. I really appreciate it. Leave me some comments on what your thoughts about the story are? Thank you.xx
Chapter Title;The Wanted:Personal Soldier.