Status: Active...Extremely slow updates. Sorry <3

Personal Soldier

If life is a battlefield, there's so many dangers...

I was so nervous. My hands were sweating but my body shivered with coldness.
The hairs on my arms stood on end as I walked through the theater.
Looking around I smiled remembering a gig I'd went to here with my Grandad at the age of 8.
'Darius' ...embarrassing, I know.
I walked down the main walkway towards the stage. The curtain was pulled to one side.
Rolls of bright red fabric stood out against the black background of the backstage scenes.
A tall, rather handsome man stood in front of it, smiling away.
My guess was that this was Matt.
"Hi" I smiled as I approached him, holding out my hand to shake his.
"Alright! I'm Matt...your boss" he laughed pushing it out the way and pulling me into a hug.
My body froze as I started to laugh.
"Very professional Miss Jackson, I knew we'd made the right choice with you" he laughed "but we're just one big family here. No need for business talk" he winked. "Shall we?"
I pushed my hands into my pockets while following Matt behind the curtain.
There were 5 or 6 people scattered around, each doing different things.
I kept a smile on my face the full time. I wanted to fit in, this was my dream job, working back stage with bands. It's what I loved!
We headed over to an average sized man, he had swishy blonde hair. Swishy? That's not a word is it? Well it descried it perfectly!
"Lucie, Dan. Dan, Lucie!" Matt smirked
"Nice to meet you" Dan smiled
"And you" I replied.
"You two will be working very closely for the foreseeable future. Especially through sound checks" Matt explained.
My brain hurt so much as I tried to absorb all the information he'd been telling me.
After a short tutorial of what I'd be doing through sound checks we said goodbye to Dan and made our way backstage, along a maze of small corridors.
"So for the next week we have One Direction playing here. The place is gonna be packed full! There's been kids camping outside since last night!" Matt laughed.
"Crazy fangirls" I smirked, knowing exactly what it was like to be one.
One Direction had just gotten big, although I wasn't a huge fan.
"Do you know them?" he asked.
"I know of them but if it came to naming them I'd have no idea" I admitted.
"Plenty time for that" Matt smiled. "Right so thing is..."
"...Mhmm" I laughed as a sign for him to continue.
"You'll be doing your normal job as backstage manager, just making sure things are running smoothly, piece of piss if I'm honest" Matt blurted out as I laughed under my breath
"and also you'll be working as the boys PA but we were wondering if you could take on an extra roll during the break in the show and sell merch at the side of the stage?"
"Of course" I smiled. It wasn't an inconvenience to me and to be honest I was happy to make a good impression.
We walked down another set of corridors and took the second one on the left before Matt stopped suddenly in front of a white door.
"Ready?" he smiled.
"As ready as I'll ever be" I whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts guys?
Thank you so much for reading. <3
Chapter Title;The Wanted:Personal Soldier.