Status: Active...Extremely slow updates. Sorry <3

Personal Soldier

You don't know what the future holds...

Walking through the door of the coffee shop we strolled over to a small booth and fell back into a big comfy chair.
"Wow! Girl you can shop!" I laughed at Jess.
"S'what I'm good at" she beamed. "What you having?"
"Just a tea thanks love" I smiled handing her a couple of pounds as she went up to stand in the queue. Pulling it out of my pocket I smiled as it flashed up.

*1 new message*
From: Nathan
"Hey Luce. That's me back in London safe n sound. Miss u lots bbe but i'll be home soon, promise. Dnt miss me too much.xx"


I shoved my phone back into my pocket and wiped away the stray tears running from my eyes. I looked out over the main street from the window. The sun was out, rare, i know. The farmers were out in force. Everyone shoving by each other, trying to dodge others. One couple caught my eye. They both looked about my age. Smiling and giggling with each other. Pushing each other into randomers. People were getting so pissed off but I couldn't help but laugh. They just reminded me of Nath and I. My daydream was soon interrupted by Jess putting a cup of tea down in front of me.
"You okay? Gone a bit pale?" she smiled.
"Yeah lovely. I'm fine!" I smiled back trying so hard to reassure her I was okay. She was like my baby sister after all. She shot me a sympathetic look before starting to talk about this guy she liked. I knew I hadn't convinced her but I had to try and keep going.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Home!" Jess yelled as we fell through the front door.
"Ello lovelies. How was your day?" her Mum smiled.
"Good!" Jess replied before heading upstairs to unpack the clothes she'd bought and Nath's mum headed through to the kitchen. I stood still in my tracks not sure what to do. After a couple of minutes I too headed up stairs, initially heading for my room but I stopped in front of Nathan's. The door was open and everything was the way he'd left it. A dirty mug on the bedside table. I smiled knowing full well it was from our movie night 3 days before. Walking in his scent hit me. I sat on the floor, back agains't the wardrobe. The room seemed so much bigger now. Pictures of parties we'd been to together, school pictures and him with 'The Wanted' boys lined the wall opposite. Pulling my phone out I opened a new message.

To: Nathan
"Glad you're back safe. Really missed you today Nate. Don't forget about me. Love you.xx"


Pressing the send button I lay down on the floor. The carpet was soft agains't my face. A couple of minutes passed before my phone buzzed. I knew it'd be Nathan.

From:Nathan
"How could I ever forget about you!? I love you more.xx"

A tear of happiness slid down my cheek. What felt like hours went by as I slowly drifted to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
All comments welcome :) xx

Chapter title-Personal Soldier;The Wanted