Status: Temporary Hiatus...

And You'll See Your Hero Come Running

Chapter 1

It’s July 7th and here I am standing at the altar looking into his beautiful chocolate brown eyes while our family and friends look on. I hear the priest say, “I now pronounce you husband and wife, Jonathan you may kiss your bride.” “Finally,” he says wrapping his arms around my waist, bending down to give me the most loving kiss. I return the kiss with just as much love and wrap my arms around his chest. We pull away to hear the claps and cheers from our family and friends. Jon grabs my hand as we walk down the aisle and out of the church.

Once we were done with all the pictures we headed over to where the reception was being held. We entered the room after Tyler, Jon’s best friend and the best man said, “Join me in welcoming for the first time Mr and Mrs Jonathan and Chelsey Toews.” We heard more cheers as we made our way to our table. The dinner went by and family and friends started coming up to the podium to share stories about Jon and I. “They were always together ever since they were little. We had a feeling they would end up together eventually,” Andree said in her speech. A few more people gave speeches and then my best friend and maid of honour, Jenn came on the mic, “Alright so now it’s time for the bride and grooms first dance, Chelsey, Jonathan,” she said motioning to the dance floor.

Jon got up and held out his hand for me to take. We got out to the dance floor and Jon pulled me close. “So what song did you pick,” I asked looking up at him. “You’ll see,” he smirked as the music to ‘Amazed by Lonestar’ started playing. “Good choice,” I smiled and rested my head on his chest as we swayed back and forth to the music. Jonathan and I shared a kiss as the song was ending. Everyone who wanted to dance was allowed to come onto the dance floor now. Jon and I danced together for a while before going to dance with family members or friends. I was dancing with my brother, Shane when I heard Jon’s voice, “Mind if I steal my wife away?” “Not all,” Shane replied as he went to go talk to some other people. Jon spun me around so I was facing him and wrapped his arms around my waist as my arms rested on his chest. “Hi,” I smiled. “Hi,” Jon returned the smile, leaning down to kiss me. “Alright everyone this is the last song of the night,” Jon’s brother David said into the microphone as ‘I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing by Aerosmith’ played over the speakers. When the song ended we said goodbye to our family and friends who were still there and made our way to our hotel.

I woke up the next morning in Jonathan arms; I rolled over to see that he was already awake. “Good morning Mrs. Toews,” he smiled leaning over to kiss me. “Good morning,” I smiled. “So how does it feel to be Mrs. Toews?” Jon asked. “Absolutely amazing,” I said kissing him again. “What time is it?” I asked. “About 9:30,” he replied looking at the clock on the bedside table. “We have to be at your parents for 11 right?” he asked. “Yup.” “I really don’t want to get up,” Jon sighed. “And why’s that?” I asked. “Because then I’d have to let go of you and go have a shower.” “Well we could just shower together,” I smirked while slowly running my index finger down his chest. “I like the sounds of that,” Jon grinned.

Once Jon and I were done with our shower I went to go change. I decided to wear a pair of denim shorts that hit just above of my thigh and a white v-neck t-shirt. I left my hair straight and put on a bit of makeup. Jon was wearing grey shorts and a black v-neck t-shirt. We left the hotel to go to my parent’s place where we were going to have brunch with my family and Jon’s family. We got to my parents house and walked into the house. “The newlyweds are here,” Shane yelled as we took off our shoes and headed into the kitchen where my mom and Andree were. “So how are you two today?” Andree asked as she cut up some fruit. “Good, a little tired from yesterday,” I replied. “You enjoyed your wedding though?” my mom asked. “Oh yes it was amazing,” I smiled. “Yeah it was,” Jon agreed sneaking a glance at me. “Chels would you bring these outside and set the table,” my mom said handing me a tray filled with plates, forks, spoons, knifes, cups and napkins. “Sure,” I replied taking the tray from her. “I’ll help you,” Jon said following me outside.

Brunch went well; we just talked about what everyone was up too. Andree and my mom kept talking about when Jon and I should have kids. They figured we should get pregnant as soon as possible but Jon and I are just gonna let nature take its course and when it’s meant to happen it will happen. After brunch we said our goodbyes and headed back to our apartment.

A few weeks had past, it was now August and I had just finished my shower and was about to start my morning routine. “Oh my God!!!” I screamed. “What, what happened?” Jon asked as he came into the bathroom a worried look on his face. “We’re....pregnant,” I said holding up the test. “Really!?” Jon asked. I nodded. “That’s great!” he exclaimed kissing me, picking me up and spinning me around. “Jonny,” I giggled. “Oh sorry,” he said putting me down. “We’ve got to call our parents,” he said excitedly. “Okay can I just finish getting ready,” I said. “Oh yeah,” he replied going to go get dressed. I finished my makeup and threw on a pair of jean shorts and a turquoise and black plaid shirt. I put my hair up in a ponytail and went into the living room where Jon was already sitting on the couch. “Okay so who do you want to call first?” I asked sitting down beside him. “Let’s call your parents first,” Jon said handing me the phone. “Hi Chelsey, how are you?” my mom answered. “I’m good. Is dad there?” I asked. “Yes he is, he’s just talking with Bryan is it something important,” my mom asked. “Yes, is Andree there too?” I asked. “Yes she’s sitting right beside me.” “Can you get everyone together Jon and I have something we need to tell you all.” “Sure,” she said and I heard some shuffling on the other end. I put the phone on speaker so that Jon and I could both talk. “Okay we have the phone on speaker and we’re all here,” my mom said. “Okay so I don’t know how to say this so we’re just gonna say it,” I said. “We’re pregnant,” Jon and I exclaimed together. We heard a collective of “Oh my god and congratulations,” from our parents. We talked for a little while longer and then it was time for us to go to the doctor just to make sure everything was fine and to get more information.

We got to the doctors and were taken into a room. I was told to strip out of my clothes and put on the hospital gown and then have a seat in the chair. “Are you nervous?” Jon asked as he held my hand. “A little bit,” I replied. “Good afternoon Chelsey, Jonathan, my name is Dr. Sinclair,” she said as she came into the room. “I guess I should first say congratulations on being pregnant,” she smiled. “Thank you,” I said. “We’re just gonna take a look and see how everything is doing and then I’ll give you some more information on what to eat, what to do and what not to do, okay,” she said. “Alright,” I replied. “Well it looks like you’re 3 weeks along,” Dr. Sinclair smiled. I smiled and looked up a Jon who returned the smile. She then gave us some pamphlets on being pregnant, what foods to eat and things like that. She said goodbye and then left the room. I changed back into my clothes and then Jon and I headed back home.