Status: Temporary Hiatus...

And You'll See Your Hero Come Running

Chapter 4

It was about the second week in September and Jon and I were back in Chicago since training camp was going to start pretty soon. David, Jonathan's younger brother, was now living with us in Chicago since the Blackhawks got the rights to his contract from the New York Islanders. I was about 2 months along in my pregnancy and for the time being it seemed that the morning sickness has gone away. We also found out that Patrick Sharp’s wife, Abby, is pregnant as well.

It was 3:30 in the afternoon on Thursday; I had just finished work and was now on my way home. I pulled into my parking space in the underground parking and took the elevator up to the 34th floor. I walked down the hallway until I came to the door of the condo; I pulled out my keys and opened the door. “Jon,” I called as I took off my shoes and walked over to the kitchen counter and put my purse down. “In here babe,” Jon called from what sounded like the living room. I walked into the living room and saw him sitting on the couch with David watching a baseball game. “Hey how was work?” Jon asked as I sat down beside him putting my legs across his lap. “Exhausting,” I sighed. “That bad huh,” David smirked. “You have no idea,” I replied resting my head on Jon’s shoulder. “Anything I can do?” Jon asked, putting his arm around me. “A kiss would be nice,” I smiled. Jon laughed and bent down to kiss me. “Anything else,” he said as he pulled away. “Food and maybe a foot massage,” I said looking up at him. “Yeah I agree with the food,” David said. “Okay what should we order?” Jon asked. “I’ve had this craving for pizza all day,” I said. “Pizza sounds good,” David and Jon agreed as Jon went to go order.

After we were done eating I went to go sit down on the couch. Jon came and sat down beside me and David sat on the other end of the couch. Jon lifted my legs up onto his lap and started to massage my feet with his thumbs. “That feels so good,” I sighed. I laid my head back against the cushions as Jon continued to rub my feet. I slowly started to relax as I closed my eyes and fell asleep. I woke up about 2 hours later to find that I wasn’t on the couch anymore. I was in mine and Jon’s room, in our bed. I rolled over to see Jon climbing into bed. “Sorry, didn’t mean to wake you,” Jon whispered wrapping his arms around me pulling me closer to him. “That’s alright. Goodnight,” I yawned closing my eyes. “Night baby,” Jon said placing a kiss on my forehead.

I woke up Friday morning around 7am. I had booked the day off work since the Blackhawks players started training camp today and then after everyone and their families were going to Coach Joel Quenville’s house for a team get together. I rolled over to find Jon awake. “Morning,” I smiled. “Morning,” Jon returned the smile and leaned over to give me a kiss. “What time do we have to be at the rink?” I asked. “Not till around 9,” Jon replied. “Alright,” I replied rubbing my eyes and slowly sitting up. “Where are you going?” Jon asked as I got out of bed. “To shower,” I replied looking back at him.

I got into the bathroom and turned my iPod on to my Keith Urban playlist. The first song that came on was ‘Put You in a Song’. I started singing along as I stripped out of my pyjamas and climbed into the shower. Once I was done in the shower I got out, dried myself off and wrapped my towel around me. I walked into the bedroom to grab some panties and a bra. Jon had gone into the bathroom to have his shower, leaving the door open just a little. I put on my undergarments and walked back into the bathroom to put on my makeup. My iPod was still playing, I quietly sang along to ‘Making Memories of Us,’ and laughed as I could hear Jon faintly singing along in the shower. I was putting on my mascara as Jon came out of the shower, and couldn’t help but steal a few glances as he dried himself off. “Like what you see,” Jon smirked as he wrapped the towel around his waist. “Yeah it’s alright,” I smirked. “Well I definitely like what I see,” Jon said coming up behind me and turning me around so I was facing him. “Oh really?” “Mmmhumm,” Jon nodded as he captured my lips in a heated kiss. After a few minutes I pulled away, “Jon we can’t do this right now. Or you’ll be late for camp.” “Fine,” Jon sighed running his fingers through his hair. I gave him a smile and then went to go change. I changed into dark wash skinny jeans, a white and grey thin stripped ballerina crew neck long-sleeved shirt and a red boyfriend cardigan. I put my hair up in a side braid and grabbed my grey flats. Jon was dressed in jeans and a grey long-sleeved shirt.

Once training camp was done for the day we headed over to Coach Q’s house. We got to Joel’s house and went inside. “Hey Jonny, hey David,” Joel greeted them. “Hey Coach,” Jon and David replied. “Hi Chelsey,” he said giving me a hug. “Hi Joel,” I said. “How are you doing?” Joel asked. “I’m doing well,” I answered. “That’s good,” Joel smiled. “Yo, Tazer get over here!” Seabs yelled from across the room. “Alright you kids enjoy yourself,” Joel said. “Thanks Coach,” Jon said as we walked over to where Seabs, Patrick, Abby, Duncan, Kelly and Kaner were in the living room. “Congratulations,” I smiled giving Abby a hug. “Same to you,” she smiled, returning the hug. “Our babies are only going to be about a month apart,” Abby commented. “I know isn’t that crazy,” I said. “Yeah what took you so long Sharpy?” Kaner asked. “What do you mean?” Patrick said. “Well it took you just over a year after you and Abby got married to get her pregnant and Tazer get’s Chelsey pregnant after they’ve only been married for about a month,” Kaner said. “Simple I just have more self control than Jonny,” Patrick smirked. “Yeah okay,” Jon scoffed rolling his eyes.

Kelly, Abby and I went to go talk to some of the other girlfriends and wives while the guys talked. We went outside in the backyard and found Nick Hjalmarsson’s girlfriend Meghan and Corey Crawford’s girlfriend Kaitlyn. I was listening to Kelly and Abby talk about what charities the Blackhawks should do this year, when I felt arms wrap around me. “Excuse me ladies but I need to steal my wife away for a few minutes,” Jon said. “Go right ahead,” the women smiled.

Jonathan then grabbed my hand and led me to one of the lounge chairs that were set up around the yard. He sat down and pulled me onto his lap. “Jon what are you doing?” I asked. “I just wanted to know how you’re doing.” “I’m fine, a little tired but I’m good,” I said as a yawn escaped my lips. Patrick, Abby, Duncan, Kelly, Corey, Kaitlyn and Brent and Kaner and David came to join us. “Awww aren’t you two just so cute,” Seabs cooed. Jon just rolled his eyes. I laid my head on Jon’s chest and snuggled into his embrace. “So David what’s it like living with these two?” Sharpy asked. “It’s not that bad,” David answered. “You’ve never walked in on them getting it on?” Kaner smirked, earning a glare from Jon. David laughed, “No, they can’t really do that now since Chels is pregnant.” I don’t know where the conversation went after that because I fell asleep.

I woke up to someone moving. I slowly opened my eyes and noticed that I was in Jonathan’s arms as he carried me towards the truck. “Where are we going?” I asked groggily. “Home,” Jon replied. “Why is the party over?” “No but you’ve been asleep for the past 30 minutes.” “Oh,” I sighed. Jon then set me down and all three of us climbed in the truck and headed home.

I woke up the next morning to the alarm going off at 6am. I got up showered, did my makeup and changed into a pair of dark wash skinny jeans, a red tank top, a cream coloured cardigan. I left my hair down and walked out of the bedroom. Jon and David were already up and dressed having breakfast. Jon was jeans and a white and black plaid shirt, while David was in jeans and grey t-shirt. “Morning,” I said as I gave Jon a kiss. “Morning,” David replied. “Morning baby,” Jon smiled. “So you guys excited for training camp?” I asked as I made myself some tea. “Oh yeah I can’t wait,” David exclaimed. “Yeah it should be lots of fun,” Jon agreed. Once we were done breakfast I put on my brown leather bomber jacket, brown studded ankle boots, grabbed my purse and headed out the door with Jon and David.

We got to the United Centre and walked down the long hallway to the Blackhawks locker room. We got to the doors to the locker room and I said goodbye to David and Jon, giving Jon a quick kiss. I then headed back down the long hallway and up to the box where all the family members, wives and girlfriends of the Blackhawk players were. I opened the door and was greeted by Abby and Kaitlyn, “Hey Chelsey!” “Hi! So are you girls excited for training camp?” I asked. “Yeah I’m looking forward to being here at least once a week,” Abby replied. “I agree, it looks like it’s going to be a good year,” I said going to sit down in one of the seats to watch the camp.