Status: Temporary Hiatus...

And You'll See Your Hero Come Running

Chapter 7

I had just gotten home from work on Friday to an empty condo. Jon had a game in Carolina and wouldn’t be back until later tonight. I took off my jacket and shoes and put them in the closet by the front door. I walked into the living room and turned on the TV to the channel that the game was going to be on. I then went into the kitchen to find something to eat. After looking through all the cupboards and in the fridge I decided to make myself a grilled cheese sandwich since I’ve been craving one all day. Once I made my sandwiches I went to sit on the couch to watch the pregame.

The Hawks ended up losing the game 3-0. It was around 9:30 when the game ended, and I knew Jon wouldn’t be home till around midnight. I stayed up, watching TV for a while before I decided that I couldn’t wait up any longer. I walked into the bedroom and changed into a pair of plaid pyjama pants and one of Jon’s long sleeved Blackhawk t-shirts, and crawled into bed.

I woke up a few hours later to the feeling of Jonathan’s arm wrapping around my waist as he buried his face into the crook of my neck. “Hi,” I said sleepily turning around to face him. “Hey,” he replied leaning down to give me a kiss. “I’m glad you’re home,” I whispered laying my head on his chest. “Me too,” Jon whispered before we both fell asleep.

The next morning I woke up around 10:30am. I rolled over to find the spot where Jon was sleeping to be empty. I threw my hair up in a messy ponytail and wondered out into the kitchen just as I heard the front door being opened. “Morning,” I said as Jon walked through the door. “Morning,” Jon said as he came over to give me a kiss, “Did you just wake up?” “Yeah a few minutes ago, I guess I was really tired,” I replied. “Well I brought breakfast,” Jon said holding up a bag and a tray with two coffees on it. “Jon I can’t drink coffee,” I said as he set the bag and the tray on the kitchen counter. “I know that’s why I got you hot chocolate,” he smiled. “Thank you,” I smiled standing on my tippy toes to kiss his check. “So what did you get?” I asked looking into the bag. “Well I didn’t know what you would like so I got four different kinds of muffins and two yogurt parfaits.” “Sounds good,” I said taking out one of the yogurt parfaits and a banana nut muffin and a fruit explosion muffin.

Before I knew it, it was already 4pm and Jon and I were getting ready for the game. After I was done in the shower I slipped on my purple bra and matching panties and started to apply some makeup. Once I was done with my makeup I walked out of the bathroom, into the bedroom. I saw Jon in his black dress pants, putting on his light purple dress shirt as I made my way to the closet. I changed into a pair of skinny jeans, a lacy purple tank top and grey v-neck sweater. I saw Jon standing in front of the mirror trying to tie his purple “Hockey Fights Cancer” tie but he was having trouble. “Here let me help,” I said walking over to him and adjusting his tie. “Thanks,” he smiled, leaning down to kiss me.

Before the game there was a ceremonial puck drop in honour of “Hockey Fights Cancer Night”. A 13 year old boy by the name of Lawson Frank who is battling a rare childhood cancer was asked to drop the puck. Jon skated up to centre ice along with Blue Jackets captain Rick Nash. They took a photo before Lawson dropped the puck. Jonathan handed Lawson the puck and shook his hand. He then proceeded to give the 13 year old boy his hockey stick, before skating back to the bench.

In the first period Kruger scored giving the Hawks the lead but the Jackets also scored. Bolland scored a shorthanded goal giving the Hawks the lead going into the second. The Blue Jackets scored in the second tying the game. In the third Stalberg scored 2 goals a few minutes apart from each other. Jon was skating up along the boards with the puck when he got checked and fell awkwardly into the boards. I saw Jon grimace in pain as he took his time getting up off the ice and heading to the bench. ‘Please be alright,’ I thought to myself as the game continued. Jon was back on the ice the next shift and I knew he was alright. Columbus pulled their goalie with a minute left in the third. Frolik scored an empty net goal making the final score 5-2 for the Hawks!

After the game I walked down towards the locker room with Abby and Kelly. We waited for the clear from the security guards to let us know that we could go in. “Nice game boys,” I smiled as I looked around for Jon. He was sitting in his stall taking off the rest of his equipment. I walked over and sat down on his lap wrapping my arms around his neck, giving him a warm long kiss. “Well hi to you too,” Jon laughed once we pulled away. I leaned in and whispered in his ear, “When we get home you, me in the shower.” Jon’s eyes widened as he looked me in the eyes. I just nodded in response and slowly got up off his lap. I’ve never seen him strip out of his equipment, shower and get dressed so fast before. I don’t know if was my hormones or something else but I suddenly found Jon extremely attractive at that moment and couldn’t wait to get home.

“Let’s go,” Jon whispered in my ear, wrapping his arm around my waist as we headed for the door. “Hey Tazer, Chelsey you coming out with us?” Kane asked. “No I think we’re just gonna go home,” Jon replied. “What no! Come on out and celebrate the win!” Kaner urged. “Maybe another time,” Jon said as we went out the door and raced home. We didn’t even make it to our door before my lips attacked Jon’s. Jon opened the door to the condo and we stumbled inside. “Baby what’s gotten into you?” Jon asked as we pulled away to take off our jackets and shoes. “I don’t know, all I know is I want you now,” I growled while pulling on his tie for another kiss. We made our way to the master bathroom shedding clothes along the way.

Jonathan and I were now lying in bed wrapped in each other’s arms after our little episode in the shower. We didn’t end up going all the way but we did have a little fun. “My girl was kinda dirty tonight,” Jon smirked as he played with my hair. “She was not!” I exclaimed looking up at him. “She was, but I liked it,” he grinned giving me a kiss. “Just wait till this pregnancy is over, then look out.” I smirked. “Oh I look forward to it,” Jon replied kissing me again. I smiled as I laid my head on his chest. Before slowly closing my eyes and falling asleep.