Status: Temporary Hiatus...

And You'll See Your Hero Come Running

Chapter 8

I smiled as I turned off the TV that once had the Blackhawks game on. The Hawks won 6-3 against the Columbus Blue Jackets. Jon had two goals and an assist in that game. And I knew he would be in a good mood when he got home. I decided to go change into some pyjamas and read for awhile. I went into the bedroom to change. I grabbed my iPod and my book and crawled into bed under the covers. I put my iPod on my docking station and pressed shuffle. The song that came on was Someone Like You by Adele. I quietly sang along as I read my book and was left with my thoughts.

Flashback:

It was June 2007; Jonathan and I had been dating for just over a year. Jon had invited me to go with him and his parents to Vancouver for the 2007 NHL Draft. I was getting ready for the draft. I did my makeup and curled my hair in loose curls. I changed into my short purple dress with a sweetheart neckline with halter straps and a contrast waistband. The dress hit about the middle of my thigh. I slipped on my black flats and my black cardigan, grabbed my clutch and headed out of my hotel room to meet Jon and his parents.

“The Chicago Blackhawks would like to select as the third overall pick from North Dakota, Jonathan Toews.” A huge smile grew on my face as I stood up to congratulate Jon, giving him a hug and a peck on the lips, before he went to hug his parents and his grandparents. I watched with pride as he walked up the steps onto the stage and put on that red jersey, a smile never leaving his face. I was so happy for him. His dream to play in the NHL was finally coming true.

Jon had a lot of media things to do, so I just texted him to meet me in my hotel room after he was done. I changed out of my dress into a pair of jeans and grey v-neck t-shirt. I was happy for Jon, but I was also a little worried about what that meant for us. Sure we have only been dating a year, but we’ve been best friends since we were little. And yes it was hard being at home in Winnipeg when Jon was away at North Dakota but we made it work somehow. Around 8pm I heard a knock on my door. I went to go answer it, seeing Jon still in his suit. His tie was loosened and he had his suit jacket over one arm.

“Hey,” he said stepping into my room. “Hi” I replied sitting down on the end of the bed. “Chels what’s wrong?” Jon asked coming to sit down beside me. “Jon I’m so happy for you, I really am but what does this mean for us?” I questioned looking down at my hands. “Hey,” Jon said lifting my chin up with his right hand so I was looking into his eyes. “We’ll make it work. It’ll be hard but I know we can do it. I love you and nothing is going to change that,” he said. The look in his eyes told me that he was serious. I smiled, “I love you too,” I said leaning up to kiss him. Jon smiled and kissed back. After a few minutes I pulled away. I reached down to the hem of my shirt and pulled it up over my head tossing it onto the floor. “Chelsey,” Jonathan said his eyes wide. “No, its okay,” I reassured him, kissing him again as we fell backwards onto the bed.

“Are you sure you want to do this?” Jon asked me again. Both of us were now unclothed and under the covers. “More than anything,” I answered kissing him. “Okay, I love you,” Jon said looking into my eyes. “I love you too,” I smiled. “Tell me if I’m hurting you and I’ll stop,” Jon said before kissing me again. I gasped as he entered me. Tears rolled down my checks as he slowly pushed all the way into me. “Chelsey are you okay?” Jon asked as he looked into my eyes, wiping the tears away with his thumbs. “Just give me a minute,” I said taking a few deep breaths getting used to the feeling. “Okay I’m ready,” I said looking up at Jon. He slowly started to move in and out of me, never taking his eyes off mine, and the pain that I was feeling soon turned into pleasure. “Jon, I think I’m close,” I breathed. A few more thrusts and I felt myself reach my orgasm, “JON!!!” I screamed. “Fuck, Chelsey,” Jon groaned as he reached his orgasm a few minutes later collapsing on top of me. A few minutes later, after we had both caught our breath, Jon rolled off me pulling me close to his side. “I love you so much,” he breathed placing a kiss on my forehead. “I love you too,” I said before falling asleep.

I woke up the next morning to see Jonathan already awake looking down at me. “Morning,” I smiled. “Good morning,” he replied leaning down to kiss me. “How are you feeling?” he asked me. “Alright, a little sore,” I replied. “Don’t worry that’s normal,” Jon said. “I guess it’ll get easier the more often we do it,” I said. “Yeah, any idea when that will be?” Jon smirked. “Nope, guess you’ll just have to wait,” I smirked back.

After breakfast with Jon’s parents, Jon and I decided to go for a swim in the pool. I was in the water when I felt Jon’s arms wrap around me spinning me so I was facing him. “You’re wearing way too many clothes,” Jon whispered as his hand went to grab my bikini covered ass. “Oh really, and just what are you going to do about it?” I whispered running my hands down his chest and abs. “Oh I think you have a pretty good idea of what I want to do about it,” he whispered back. “Well then what are we doing still standing here?” I whispered grabbing his hand and leading him out of the pool area back to my hotel room.

End of Flashback


I heard the front door open bringing me out of my thoughts. I heard Jon take off his shoes and coat. “Hey,” Jon said coming into the bedroom, taking off his suit jacket. “Hi,” I smiled as I put my book down on the bedside table, “Great game.” “Thanks,” Jon smiled unbuttoning his dress shirt and taking it off along with his dress pants and socks before climbing into bed. He leaned over and gave me a kiss. “How did the doctor’s visit go?” he asked pulling me closer to him. “Really well everything is right on track. I found out the sex of the babies. Do you want to know what we’re having?” He nodded and waited for me to answer. “We’re having a boy and a girl,” I smiled. “That’s great!” Jon smiled leaning down to kiss me again. “I guess we’ll have to start thinking of names.” “Yeah, we’ve got a while to think about that,” I yawned as I snuggled closer to him. “Yeah you’re right. Let’s just go to sleep,” Jon said wrapping his arm around me before we closed our eyes.