‹ Prequel: Kids With Guns
Sequel: False Paradise.
Status: Active.

Rhinestone Eyes.

Fourteen.

June 21st 2011, 1:45 pm.
Sierra had finished up with the list that Tom had given her, and had decided to do some personal shopping, to help get her mind off things.
She had gone into one store, for no more than five minutes before she saw a little boy that looked very familiar to her. The little boy was only a few years younger that Tommy, maybe three going on four. He grabbed a toy from a shelve that was a little too high for him, he knocked down a few toys, but he knelt down and picked them up putting back on the shelve with his tongue sticking out. He then slightly ran down the aisle.
When Sierra realized that this little boy looked Danny when they were little she took off after him. He kept running down the aisle and turned down another, when Sierra turned down the other aisle he was tugging on a woman’s shirt and saying ‘Mommy look.’
The woman turned around to look at him and saw Sierra. It was like her breath had left her body. It was Jess. And that little boy was in fact Sierra’s nephew.

“Hey… Uhm, how ‘ave you been Sierra? Long time no see.” She nervously laughed.

“Yeah… abou’ three years… I’ve been alright I guess you could say… Don’ try to lie to me Jess. Wha’s his name?”
Jess looked down at her little boy and back up at Sierra nervously.

“Please… Don’ tell him.”

“E’’s my brother… Yeh really think I won’t tell him? You really think that I’ll believe for a moment tha you ‘ave the money to support the two of you? There isn’ anything he can do anyway.”
“But were fine. Really we are.”

“You don’ ‘ave any family…”
“I know but… But we’ve been okay without him. He didn’ know before he doesn’ need to know now.”

“Jess… Really.” Sierra stepped toward her with a concerned look on her face.
Sierra knelt down in front of the little boy.
“Hi sweetheart… Wha’s your name?”
“My name is Hayden… Who are you?”
She smiled.

“I’m yeh aunt.”
Hayden smiled and looked up at his mother.
“Is she really?”
Jess sighed.
“Yea, she is.”
Sierra smiled at Jess and smiled.
“You know yeh daddy is a famous rock star?”
When Hayden giggled Jess smiled.
“No! I don’ know my daddy.”
Sierra stood up and Jess picked up Hayden making him sit in the buggy that she had.
“He really… Really wan’s to know who his dad is… But you know ‘is dad doesn’ care…”
“Well tha’s because his dad doesn’ ‘ave clue abou’ him. We all though you were a lesbian. Look Jess I know you have daddy issues, yours wasn’ around, but really neither was mine… Do you really not want to give ‘im a chance?”
“I know ‘e isn’ ‘ere… Why are you ‘ere? I though’ you worked with them.”
“I do… Jus’ abou’ everything.”
“So why are you ‘ere?”
“Is a long story.”
“I think I may know part of it… ‘M really sorry…”
“Don’ be. He was a terrible person and ‘e knew it. I wasn’ with ‘im anymore when he did it anyway.”
“I know tha’ too… You’re married to Ben now?”
Sierra looked down.
“I think so.”
“You think so?”
“I said is a long story didn’ I?”
“How is Tommy? E’s big now isn’ ‘e?’
“Yes, but e’s no’ alright, ‘e found him… He found Oli…” Sierra felt her eyes prick and one tear spilled. “He found him after…” She swallowed and shook her head.
“Oh… I understand.”
Sierra was quiet for a moment.
“I’m goin’ to pick ‘im up… Maybe we could have a play date…”
“Where is ‘e?”
“Grandma’s house. For some reason she thinks she better qualified to care for him.”
“At least you ‘ave someone to ‘elp I don’ –“
Sierra’s phone started to ring loudly from her purse and she rummaged to find it. It was Danny. She looked at Jess and she knew it was him. She looked around awkwardly really wanting to leave.

“Hello?”
“Hello Miss no text back.”
“Yeh didn’ text me.”
“Actually! I did… Like six times.”
“Are you drunk?”
“What do you think?”
“Why are you calling me? It’s like three am over there.”
“Because we miss you… We wan’ you to come back.”
“Yeh kidding right?”
“Mmnope. I don’ even know what time we play today.”
“Eight… Eight o-clock.”
“How do you know that?”
“They always play you at eight in every other state.”
“Really?... I need you… We ‘ave no food because we spent it all on beer….. And ‘m hungry.”
“When are you no’?”
“Tha’ was rude. When can you come back?”
“Let me spend one day with my child and I’ll get back to you on that…”
“Brrrrrring him with yoooooou.”
Sierra smiled.

“I wish I could.”
“If you did you wouldn’t’ run away for drugs… Or to fuck a stranger.”
She hung up the phone.
“How would you like to go to America?”
Jess’s eyes got wide and she shook her head.
“I can get you on a bus with two other mothers that have their boys… You can probably get him to leave his bitch girlfriend… Or get her to leave him because he’s a pig… He’s fat now… Well no’ really I jus’ like to say so.”
Jess looked down at Hayden.
“I can’t”
“Do you know how big of a fuck you it would be for you to show up with him?”
XXX

June 23rd, 2011.
Alan was the one to pick them up from the airport, they didn’t drive very long until they were at the site for Warped tour that day. Jess was biting her nails constantly and Hayden was asleep but Tommy was playing Matt’s PSP, which he didn’t ask to borrow.
“So… Who is this?” Alan asked.

“This is Jess… And her little boy Hayden.”
“He’s cute… Do I know who he belongs to?”
“Yes.”
“Ah, today should be good.”
They pulled up to the car trailer and Alan started helping them to get their things. The sun was just rising and Tommy had taken Sierra’s hand.
“It’s hot ‘ere mummy.”
“I know it is baby…”
Sierra followed Alan, and Jess followed Sierra also holding Hayden’s hand, and biting her nails on the other hand.
They soon arrived at the bus. Yelling and laughing could be heard from outside. Alan reached to open the door.
“Wait!” Jess called.
“I don’t want to do this, I feel sick.”
“Of course yeh do. You hid a child for three tears.” Alan said and opened the door, walking in Tommy let go of Sierra’s hand and ran into the bus Sierra followed him. He jumped on Danny and pretended to beat him up Danny laughed, but was obviously really hung over. Sierra smiled.

“Danny! I brought you something… I’s outside.”
When Sierra said that Jess swallowed hard and felt like she was going to throw up.
“So bring it inside?”
“No… Jus’ ‘ome ‘ere now!”
“Fuck… Alright ‘old on yeh kid is killin’ me.”

“Tommy! Stop it, now.”
Tommy frowned but then went to wrestle with James. Ben wasn’t awake; at least she didn’t think so
“What the fuck is it?”
“Come on dick.”
“You can call me jesus.”
“I’m sure I can.” When he had barley reached door he saw Jess and looked down to see the little boy standing next to her.
All expressions left his face. He just stood there and looked at her.
“You have a child.”
“What?” Madi asked from inside.”
Sierra turned around and looked at her. “Sit the fuck back down.” Madison did as she asked.
Jess hadn’t even looked up yet. She slowly raised her head then looked back down immediately.
“I’m sorry.” She whispered.
“Oh sorry I can’t fucking hear you over your bullshit!”
“Danny!” Sierra yelled. “You said you DIDN’T want to be like him.”
“You think that because this pisses me off I’m being like dad? Sorry a stupid cunt lied to me and who the fuck are you to bring them here? You really think I want anything to do with this? I wanted you to come back because I missed you and I wanted to see you, I didn’t want you to ruin my life.”
Tommy was standing behind them and wiggled his way between them. He looked up at Danny.
“Uncle Danny?” Danny looked down at him.
“Yes?”
“Hayden is really nice. Were friends. And you’re his daddy. I don’ wan him to only see you for a little while an’ lose you like I lost my daddy. Please…”
Danny looked over at Hayden and Jess.
“You named him Hayden?”
Jess didn’t look up. “Yes… I knew you liked that name and after a while it grew on me.”
Danny sat down on the last step of the door.
“Hayden… Come ‘ere. Let me meet you… Is tha’ okay?”
Hayden looked up at Jess, she gave him a little push forward and he walked up to Danny, looking at him with a smile. When he reached him Hayden touched Danny tattoo on his fingers.
“What’s it say?”
“A bad word.”
Hayden looked up him with a smile on his face.
“Your my daddy aren’ you?” Danny took a deep breath.
“I suppose I am.” He looked up at Sierra.
“Thank you Danny… Come on Tommy… Let’s go inside.”
“Okay.

XXX

Sierra walked toward the bunk area to the bunk that her and Ben were sharing before she left. She pulled the curtain back and smiled.
“Hey… Wake up sleepy head.”
Ben stirred in his light sleep and smiled. “I missed you.”
“I know you did baby… Do you mind if I join you?”
“Course no’.”
Sierra climbed up into the bunk with Ben, they cuddled up and got comfortable.
“When we wake up… I think you’re gonna want to meet someone.”
“That’s… Okay.” He kissed her neck and nuzzled his face against her skin. He soon fell asleep. But Sierra couldn’t fall asleep, what tommy had said to Danny was sticking with her.